Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Maryland Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum186/)
-   -   Merryland's April prepare for showers chat thread (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1151913-merrylands-april-prepare-for-showers-chat-thread.html)

67gt351 04-07-2012 05:33 AM

Good Saturday morning Merryland ! Have a wonderful day All :)

shorebird 04-07-2012 05:40 AM

Originally Posted by shorebird (Post 11677831)
Hi to everyone.
I know you west coasters are two hours off of my schedule.
So I'll just leave a Good Morning to greet you all!

Wait a minute I'm totally screwed up.
I thought that I was over in the Or. thread.
Still I was up and about before you Eastern crew.
And the good morning goes out to all of you too!

Oldtrucknut7077 04-07-2012 07:17 AM

Good morning everyone & happy Saturday!

Another busy day on tap as another trip to the camper to put everything back together. Hopefully I'll have time to work on the truck also.

I hope you all have a great day. :)

jr32560 04-07-2012 07:23 AM

Morning all and a happy Easter eve to all~~~~

dustybumpers 04-07-2012 07:37 AM

Mornin everybody!!!

That's ok Bryan, you just forgot to spin around before you fired off your good morning rounds!

tiny1 04-07-2012 08:26 AM

Good morning Charlie, Jr., Bud, Bryan, Dennis, Scott, Gerry and everyone that stops by

Jigger2020 04-07-2012 08:55 AM

Good Saturday Morning FTE MD & Charlie, hope you're enjoying your weekend, I got my Mustang out of storage now, yippee....:)

dustybumpers 04-07-2012 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by GIGGER (Post 11678275)
Good Saturday Morning FTE MD & Charlie, hope you're enjoying your weekend, I got my Mustang out of storage now, yippee....:)

AWWWW Geeesh. another grey hair'd old fart in a rag top

Jigger2020 04-07-2012 09:02 AM

I never thought I would like a Vert but I do, its a chick magnet too, lol

dustybumpers 04-07-2012 09:11 AM

I had a 66 Chrysler imperial crown convertible. I sold it because I didn't want to pay the price of leather to restore the interior. I really miss that land yacht

We still have the 65 Pontiac tempest convertible. I'ts buried in the garage, But I plan to use it when we move to NC. Too much traffic around here, being there was only 214 of these made,( everyone got the GTO convertible instead) I'm not too keen on it getting totaled

archtaan 04-07-2012 09:30 AM

Morning everyone. What a rough day at the beach yesterday with the FA-18 crash. Had 4 of my guys there to help w/ hazmat cleanup (carbon fiber on fire is very very bad for you) and had to wait all night to get out turn in the gov. lineup to file paperwork needs. Luckily it was a trainer so no ordnance was on board and the cannon wasn't loaded. More details to come for any that are interested!

Got a ton of honey do's today, till the garden, clean this and that, etc. for the kids party tomorrow. Talk to ya'll later. Its a beautiful day outside!

dustybumpers 04-07-2012 09:32 AM

Man I'm glad to see you here today, was getting worried, and ready to call.

Yes!!!! more details!!!!!! I'm interested!!!!

archtaan 04-07-2012 09:38 AM

We went dark after that text I sent you. Couldn't even call my wife so she was freaking out, just sent her a quick text and got busy. Finally got authorization around 2200 to make calls again. I'll put a little public approved info post together. No matter what the news says to demonize the event, those pilots where hero's, they did everything they could to save the plane, minimize collateral damage and save lives. (3 unaccounted for :() - but may not have been home :). APU didn't have enough airspeed to restart the engine, also possibly debris/bird strike which wouldn't have been savable anyhow. Going to be awhile since they have to piece the whole thing back together again.

BPofMD 04-07-2012 09:50 AM

Morning world....

I figured that it was a foreign object injected into the engine(s). That's usually the case with todays dependable jets. Now if that is the case, if it came from someone leaving something in the intake or a bird strike remains to be seen.

Spent 20 years working on jet engines and I've seen what a loose wrench can do!

shorebird 04-07-2012 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by archtaan (Post 11678400)
Morning everyone. What a rough day at the beach yesterday with the FA-18 crash. Had 4 of my guys there to help w/ hazmat cleanup (carbon fiber on fire is very very bad for you) and had to wait all night to get out turn in the gov. lineup to file paperwork needs. Luckily it was a trainer so no ordnance was on board and the cannon wasn't loaded. More details to come for any that are interested!

Got a ton of honey do's today, till the garden, clean this and that, etc. for the kids party tomorrow. Talk to ya'll later. Its a beautiful day outside!

When I saw the news flash I wondered if you would be somehow engaged.