Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum41/)
-   -   Build Thread: '49 F321 (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1144118-build-thread-49-f321.html)

Project-55 03-19-2013 08:13 AM

Originally Posted by Holehawgg (Post 12962455)
I kept wandering around from project to project on the 49 and nothing was getting completed so I grabbed a big piece of cardboard and hung it in the shop. Then me and a Jiffy marker sat on a stool in front of the truck and I just started writing down what needed to be completed. You know, engine compartment, Cab exterior, Cab interior and so on. By god I should have done this along time ago. Wiper mock up and install - check, master cylinder - check, hanging brake pedal - check, shoulder belt mounts - check. If this keeps up I will have all the mock up done by mid summer. Just in time to strip it all apart and ship it to the body man for final bodywork and paint. It just might work...Best part is I try not to start something else until the one Im working on is complete and it works.

LOL,,, I started a "things to do" list but as it grew and grew it began to scare me so I threw it away and have just decided to putter until I run out of parts. Hopefully buy that time I will have a running truck.

homade 03-19-2013 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by Jeff and Nicolle (Post 12966332)
Thanks for the gesture Bob! I am not gonna sweat it. I will be more interested in the BS and enjoying good people like you!

Jeff, don't tell him things like, his head will gets so big it won't fit in his F2 besides he's not that much to look at but his wife is real easy on the eyes.:-jammin

Jeff and Nicolle 03-19-2013 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by homade (Post 12967808)
Jeff, don't tell him things like, his head will gets so big it won't fit in his F2 besides he's not that much to look at but his wife is real easy on the eyes.:-jammin

Lol! Garry be careful! Keep the sponge bobs on there buddy! sorry just couldn't help myself!! lmao...

homade 03-19-2013 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by Jeff and Nicolle (Post 12967835)
Lol! Garry be careful! Keep the sponge bobs on there buddy! sorry just couldn't help myself!! lmao...

Funny, real funny Jeff :-blah

bobj49f2 03-19-2013 10:17 AM

Again, Spongebob, the gift that keeps on giving, and giving, and giving.......

Jeff and Nicolle 03-19-2013 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by homade (Post 12967863)
Funny, real funny Jeff :-blah

Sorry Garry...but it makes me smile. lol

Rojak 03-19-2013 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by Jeff and Nicolle (Post 12967933)
Sorry Garry...but it makes me smile. lol

Jeff, I'm hoping the Spongebobs will be at Truckfest with Garry so you two can meet up! :-drink (<--- root beer in those clinking mugs)

Holehawgg 03-19-2013 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by Project-55 (Post 12967496)
LOL,,, I started a "things to do" list but as it grew and grew it began to scare me so I threw it away and have just decided to putter until I run out of parts. Hopefully buy that time I will have a running truck.

HA I knew I couldnt be the only one scared of " The List". Again not trying to hijack the thread but as I kept coming up with stuff to do and figuring most items will take a minimum of 2 hours to complete, I figure I should be at Jeffs stage of the build in about 2 years or so. :-banghead Really though it helps keep me focused. And now back to our regularly scheduled programming, The Jeff and Nichole Build - of which I am a regular viewer... Keep it coming. Its great to see other peoples take on these builds...

Jeff and Nicolle 03-29-2013 10:18 PM

7 Attachment(s)
A little more work on my passenger side front fender.

Jeff and Nicolle 03-29-2013 10:22 PM

6 Attachment(s)
And a few more.

Jeff and Nicolle 03-29-2013 10:27 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I am feeling pretty good about this and having some fun doing it!

qmanconfused 03-30-2013 05:07 AM

hey j & n...

i've got all those tools and used them for years in my home construction business. you've obviously learned to use what you have to get a job done. my hat is off to you....and i thought i was the only one !:-huh}> great job!

q in 'cuse

GO SYRACUSE BASKETBALL:-blah:-blah:-blah

FortyNiner 03-30-2013 05:20 AM

Originally Posted by qmanconfused (Post 13007274)
hey j & n...

GO SYRACUSE BASKETBALL:-blah:-blah:-blah

Handy work Jeff!

Q- need the Orange to win again to redeem my bracket choices - since those slugs at Kansas gave away the game to Michigan last night.

Dobies4life 03-30-2013 07:22 AM

What angle did your upper 4 link bars come out too? And what length bars did it come out too?

topmoo 03-30-2013 08:37 AM

Jeff, it really looks great. It is nice to save something that once upon a time you probably didn't think that you could. I have been there before, but with less daunting projects than you have now accomplished. Nice!