Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum41/)
-   -   Build Thread: '49 F321 (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1144118-build-thread-49-f321.html)

Dano78 01-13-2013 12:56 PM

Oooh That's gonna look NIIICE! :-X22

Jeff and Nicolle 01-13-2013 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by Dano78 (Post 12708783)
Oooh That's gonna look NIIICE! :-X22

LOL..yeah someday.....
I am REALLY finding it hard to get any progress right now..I have got to clear out the garage and my head...both are are complete disaster!:-X15

Dano78 01-13-2013 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by Jeff and Nicolle (Post 12709102)
LOL..yeah someday.....
I am REALLY finding it hard to get any progress right now..I have got to clear out the garage and my head...both are are complete disaster!:-X15

Hey I feel your pain! Endless battles with the bank trying to get the loan on my house out of my ex's name, my bathrooms STILL aren't done yet (but darn close), my shop is a wreck... and I still need to fix other stuff on my other trucks. However, i just got pissed friday, tore down a core 390 and then saturday shoving crap around, unburied my cherry picker and loaded up the engine remains and sent them to the machine shop. I figured if I didn't do it NOW, i would never get it done in time for this summer. Need this as the lower end of the 390 that's in my '56 didn't survive.

Hang in there man, it doesn't last forever. You'll be back on it real soon.:-X22

qmanconfused 01-13-2013 05:24 PM

i, also, know what you mean about wasted time. ESPECIALLY when someone else does it for you. i bought my 54 and that day, took it to my sand blaster guy. next day after that i hired 2 guys to go to his shop and break it down to single pieces, just like the blaster wanted. he told me 7-10 days and done.........3 months later after mucho ph calls and listening to every excuse in the world----INCLUDING "i've been soooo busy". boy, did that piss me off.!!! whats wrong with MY money? anyway, i finally got it back and all the wind was out of my sails. i had lost the momentum that i was flying on and it took me a while to get it back. i just hate relying on another person for ANYTHING!! any wonder why? it really gave me a bad taste in my mouth and i had to get that crap out of my head before i could continue. i'm back on track now and am going full steam ahead....till the next creep screws it up.

what it all boils down to is "LIARS". you believe them and bingo---yer screwed----but, thats another story:-blah:-blah:-blah

q in 'cuse:-drink:-roll

topmoo 01-13-2013 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by Dano78 (Post 12695984)
Oh man... See? WTH is wrong with these people?? Is having a conscious an option these days?? Well at least you got it back. Something tells me you may not have wanted to have him finish it anyways.:-X15

You are probably right, at the time I had no idea that I could do that kind of work. It is sitting now waiting for me to do it. Yes, some of these people just don't care. Even if you are paying them - my business would die if I tried that. I like to finish projects, weather they are my own or somebody is paying me (I do woodwork). I have never had to look for work, just the fact that I actually finish what I start keeps my phone ringing.

topmoo 01-13-2013 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by Jeff and Nicolle (Post 12703557)
Not much to see, but here is one of those front fenders. i just had to get it in place to see where the tire sits in the arch. I don't have any F1 lowers yet.
These need some work, but should be useable, I think...
Yeah...I know...I need to stop and do some cleaning and organizing....it's getting ridiculous!

Jeff, I got fiberglass fenders and have the lowers which aren't too bad (the uppers were where most of the rot was). If you want them I can pack them up and send them too you. I am a firm believer in recycling. Let me know if you want them and I can find out what it would cost to send them. I can take some pics first if you want to see them close up. PM me.

3golfjack 01-13-2013 06:05 PM

Well after going thru every page of your build. I have two words to say VERY NICE
I love the builds which are not totally farmed out.

Jeff and Nicolle 01-13-2013 11:49 PM

Originally Posted by 3golfjack (Post 12709885)
Well after going thru every page of your build. I have two words to say VERY NICE
I love the builds which are not totally farmed out.

Jack, Thank You! I appreciate that. That boosts the self esteem a bit.:-X22

Jeff and Nicolle 01-13-2013 11:50 PM

Originally Posted by topmoo (Post 12709794)
Jeff, I got fiberglass fenders and have the lowers which aren't too bad (the uppers were where most of the rot was). If you want them I can pack them up and send them too you. I am a firm believer in recycling. Let me know if you want them and I can find out what it would cost to send them. I can take some pics first if you want to see them close up. PM me.

Hmmm! PM sent.

homade 01-14-2013 10:21 AM

Jeff, just paint it Purple and get it on the road.

Rojak 01-14-2013 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by homade (Post 12712128)

Jeff, if F321 runs, drives and sounds anything like Homade you're going to have a BIG smile on your face! Trust me on that one. :-jammin

Jeff and Nicolle 01-15-2013 12:02 AM

Originally Posted by homade (Post 12712128)

I was leaning a little more towards HOT PINK}> maybe purple would be better;) Next I suppose you might ask me to put the distributor close to the firewall????:-X04 :-X22

Originally Posted by Rojak (Post 12714129)
Jeff, if F321 runs, drives and sounds anything like Homade you're going to have a BIG smile on your face! Trust me on that one. :-jammin

I am still climbing that hill !!! Legs get tired and it's a long ways to the top, but a cup of coffee at a time, and off I go again...:-fire

homade 01-15-2013 07:53 AM

Hey Dude, it's yours, do what you want to do, thats just what I had at the time. I just bought a powerstroke for the hauler, thats almost a ford in a ford if I ever get to work on it.
Rob, thanks man, how you been doing.

Jeff and Nicolle 01-15-2013 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by homade (Post 12715917)
Hey Dude, it's yours, do what you want to do, thats just what I had at the time. I just bought a powerstroke for the hauler, thats almost a ford in a ford if I ever get to work on it.
Rob, thanks man, how you been doing.

I would do the same! Jealousy will get me nowhere! As i said before! I love your truck! wish it was mine!

homade 01-15-2013 04:11 PM

Thanks Jeff.