Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Washington Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum188/)
-   -   Shop Recommendations (Suspension Maintenance Time). (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1142389-shop-recommendations-suspension-maintenance-time.html)

mokang 02-24-2012 08:11 PM

Shop Recommendations (Suspension Maintenance Time).

So my EX is overdue for some serious love since it's rested most of the winter... and although I bought some items already I'm thinking I want someone who knows this rig better than I do to look it over. The primary purpose of this Ex the past 2 years (I bought it with 89k in April 2010) has been to tow my race car around (Portland, Spokane, Seattle, etc). It's seen a good 6k of this and yeah it needs someone good fix it.

Parts already bought:
* Hellwig Rear Sway Bar
* Rancho Front Steering Stabilizer
* ProComp Shocks all around
* Airbags for the rear (Airlift)
* Airlift in-cabin compressor kit :-jammin

Items that need inspected
* Balljoints feel toast
* Tie Rods / entire front suspension
* One or more of the tires needs rebalanced
* ABS light comes on intermittently (Coil on plug?) :-X15

So what recommendations do you guys have? Anyone eager to earn a few spare dollars on a weekend? I do have access to a pretty big shop with tools (minus the lift part) but I just haven't had much time nor desire since I primarily work on german sports cars.:-X06

Thanks in advance!

-Mike

AirLiftCompany 02-26-2012 03:49 PM

I'm a little far to lend a hand with the install but if you have any questions when installing the AirLift kit I would be happy to help.

mokang 03-02-2012 04:04 PM

Thanks all for the warm welcome (kidding!). Well I just dropped my trailer off earlier this week at Torklift in kent for some TLC before race season starts... now it's time to find a location for the excursion.

I'm now thinking a full exhaust replacement is on the list after looking underneath again... it's really brittle now...

Anyone care to comment on the above?!?

Thanks Airlift for the assistance with the kit

GruesomeJeans 03-02-2012 08:37 PM

Well since your near me, my brother worked for performance exhaust in Pacific Performance Exhaust
1087 Valentine Avenue Southeast Pacific, WA 98047
(253) 891-2939
They do some great work and might be able to work a deal.

mokang 03-03-2012 04:04 AM

Thanks man - I'm going to give them a call...

GruesomeJeans 03-03-2012 11:05 PM

No problem. There is also a place called Pro exhaust in north auburn but those guys, even though they do a quality job, can be spendy and i have noticed a slight skunky weed smell coming from there a few times. I wouldn't go there unless i had too and they had a good price.

mokang 03-08-2012 02:55 AM

Well - the parts have been installed (torklift in Kent) as of Monday. Amazing ride quality change already... and man I can actually drive straight!

Friday it gets dropped off for ball joints, overall inspection of a few other front end parts and of course the alignment. I'm going to then talk to Pacific Pro Exhaust (called them saturday but they must not have been in) about making something for the Ex.

Thanks again for the help

GruesomeJeans 03-08-2012 09:13 PM

No problem. I don't know the working hours there so they may have been closed or something. I was looking into having a hitch put on through TorkLift but their too expensive. I will probably go to U-haul and do it. My work uses TorkLift for hitches and stuff.