Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   6.2L V8 (http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum206/)
-   -   6.2L mpg update? (http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1140192-6-2l-mpg-update.html)

Texas-Toad 02-17-2012 04:41 AM

6.2L mpg update?
 
I know there have been other posts asking about mpg, but I would like to see some fresh numbers.... I did a search, and maybe I missed some recent posts... But here goes...

I am looking for regular UNLOADED mpg... I am looking at a F-250, 6.2L, Crewcab, 4x4, 8 foot bed, 3:73 gears.... If you have a similar truck, I would like to hear your numbers.

Please list your average mileage and what you estimate the city/hwy ratio is, and do you consider your self a conservative, regular, or lead-foot kinda driving style....


I plan on pulling a travel trailer and have a moonwalk business on the side. We deliver the inflatables on the weekend and summer, but most of my driving is back and forth to work on the Texas Gulf Coast (flat at sea level)

Sorry for beating a dead horse, and thanks for any replies.

fz1dave 02-17-2012 06:08 AM

Same truck minus the 8ft bed here and I have averaged 12.2 overall according to trip meter B which has never been reset (16xxx miles).

I'm not a lead foot all the time but certainly don't baby it either. I've seen 15 on the highway and as little a 8 while towing the trailer.

Texas-Toad 02-17-2012 06:52 AM

Thanks Dave.

snelldawg 02-17-2012 11:05 AM

I have the same setup, driving easy on the highway at 65 I get over 16.
Mostly city driving I get between 12-13. The city driving I am usually heavier footed. Also we are using winter blend fuel up here which usually drops mpg's a bit.
I'd guess pure city driving would be 11

Byram 02-17-2012 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texas-Toad (Post 11445624)
I know there have been other posts asking about mpg, but I would like to see some fresh numbers.... I did a search, and maybe I missed some recent posts... But here goes...

I am looking for regular UNLOADED mpg... I am looking at a F-250, 6.2L, Crewcab, 4x4, 8 foot bed, 3:73 gears.... If you have a similar truck, I would like to hear your numbers.

Please list your average mileage and what you estimate the city/hwy ratio is, and do you consider your self a conservative, regular, or lead-foot kinda driving style....


I plan on pulling a travel trailer and have a moonwalk business on the side. We deliver the inflatables on the weekend and summer, but most of my driving is back and forth to work on the Texas Gulf Coast (flat at sea level)

Sorry for beating a dead horse, and thanks for any replies.

I am lead footed - I also have larger than original tire that hurt MPG, a lot of standard weight (tools, etc.) and normally get the 12 range on highway. That said, I came out of Corpus on 37 where as you said it is flat and even driving normal I got about 13.5... I know there and in the panhandle I tend to get a lot better mileage because of terrain. I live in hill country so my miles tend to suffer because of constant up & down...

Though I drive a Supercab - it will outweigh a lot of the CC...because of all the junk that i carry around... hope this helps...

jmiley 02-17-2012 07:09 PM

I have a 2012 crew cab lariat 4wd, 6.2L, 3.73 with about 8,000 miles.

It says I average 12.2 MPG

I have checked and with a combination of highway and around town gotten as high as 13.4 MPG.

around town on the last fill up I got about 11.1, that was mostly around town with a little bit of interstate driving, but was stuck in traffic quite a bit and also left it running for awhile while waiting for someone.

ommegang 02-17-2012 07:12 PM

Used to show 13.5 now more like 12.5 city. I'm getting some tranny or dif stuttering at 10mph or less rolling w/o gas. Not enthusiastic about that.

jlalanas 02-17-2012 07:51 PM

average just under 13, mostly highway (say 85-90%), relatively flat area. running a 5star tuner on 87 performance tune. typicaly hwy speeds 65-70mph. this is over 43,000 miles

Texas-Toad 02-17-2012 11:51 PM

Gee... I was hoping for a little higher averages... Say 15mpg... I could deal with that...

biz4two 02-18-2012 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texas-Toad (Post 11449871)
Gee... I was hoping for a little higher averages... Say 15mpg... I could deal with that...


I agree. Wow...not very good mpg for the 6.2L...

With my '03 V10 2v...I get 12 and 13 mixed driving. With highway driving...I'll pull 14mpg.

When I pull trigger on my new 2012 F250 4x4 CC 6.2L Lariat later this or next month...I was really hoping for 15-16mpg.

FORD did claim better fuel mileage during the introduction...but maybe we are just seeing WINTER blend fuel figures.

Summer cannot get here soon enough...:-X04


biz
:-hair

fg250 02-18-2012 01:36 PM

super cab long box 3.73. I just got it jan 5. I got 14.4 on the highway @70MPH. I'm getting 12.7-13.7 running around town (rural/city mix). Winter blend fuel usually knocked 1.5MPG out of my other trucks in the past. owners manual says it might get a little better after 2000 miles also, which I'm almost at now. I drive pretty conservative 90% of the time.

snelldawg 02-18-2012 08:18 PM

Update, picked up a 24 foot travel trailer for a friend today. Trailer weight was close to 6k. Doing 65-70 most of the way I got 11 mpg. I'm happy with those numbers. And obviously she performed well. I didn't know the TT was back there most of the times besides the road grade changes.

newapple 02-22-2012 05:56 PM

Fuel MPG
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Texas-Toad (Post 11445624)
I know there have been other posts asking about mpg, but I would like to see some fresh numbers.... I did a search, and maybe I missed some recent posts... But here goes...

I am looking for regular UNLOADED mpg... I am looking at a F-250, 6.2L, Crewcab, 4x4, 8 foot bed, 3:73 gears.... If you have a similar truck, I would like to hear your numbers.

Please list your average mileage and what you estimate the city/hwy ratio is, and do you consider your self a conservative, regular, or lead-foot kinda driving style....


I plan on pulling a travel trailer and have a moonwalk business on the side. We deliver the inflatables on the weekend and summer, but most of my driving is back and forth to work on the Texas Gulf Coast (flat at sea level)

Sorry for beating a dead horse, and thanks for any replies.

How about Engine RPM at highway speed with 373 vs 430 gears and MPG for each?

ommegang 02-22-2012 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by biz4two (Post 11451428)
I agree. Wow...not very good mpg for the 6.2L...

With my '03 V10 2v...I get 12 and 13 mixed driving. With highway driving...I'll pull 14mpg.

When I pull trigger on my new 2012 F250 4x4 CC 6.2L Lariat later this or next month...I was really hoping for 15-16mpg.

FORD did claim better fuel mileage during the introduction...but maybe we are just seeing WINTER blend fuel figures.

Summer cannot get here soon enough...:-X04

It's not going to get any better than 15 on the HWY and 13.6 city. I have a Scab Lariat. But, at the same time, from waht I read, even the Ecoboost 150 only gets a few mpgs better, which is hard to understand. Other than the bumpy ride if I am buying a 150 I want at least 5-10 mpgs better.
biz
:-hair

It's not going to get any better than 15 on the HWY and 13.6 city. I have a Scab Lariat. But, at the same time, from waht I read, even the Ecoboost 150 only gets a few miles better!

jxxwortner 02-22-2012 11:00 PM

Anyone out there have a 4x2? I don't really need a 4x4 and am on the fence about it. Used to be thar 4x4 was said to be much worse mpg and higher maint costs......

I know 4x4 is more MACHO........ Actually I really just like the looks of how the 4x4 sits higher.

I have a 2000 f250 4x2 now and never needed 4x4. Decisions decisions.........

Thoughts?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:04 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7 AC1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.