Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   1957 - 1960 F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum268/)
-   -   Looking for Parts (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1137636-looking-for-parts.html)

JonWA78 02-08-2012 01:01 AM

Looking for Parts

Anyone know where to get parts for this era Ford or what will interchange from other years with little to no modification? I have a 1960 2wd that I'm trying to turn into a daily driver and I can't find much of anything for these things. I need a bench seat, a styleside tailgate and would like to convert to power steering.

Please help me out.

tbirdscott 02-08-2012 03:33 AM

Unless you want a stocker a bench seat out of a 90's pickup should be a decent fit but you will have to drill new mount holes. If your on facebook check out the 57-60 pickup group. You wont find a better place to locate parts than there.

Scott

Walston 02-08-2012 05:21 AM

Here is an article on power steering swap options. Toyota Steering Box Swap For 1948-1960 Trucks .: Articles

If I remember correctly, I believe a seat from a Ranger or S10 fit pretty well. Dennis-Carpenter has the tailgate new, but it is pricy ~$400. You may watch on ebay for one.

Buzz44 02-08-2012 10:18 AM

Dont know where you are located in Washington. If you are in the Spokane area keep an eye on CL they are on there from time to time. Ocasionally I see them in the pull and saves here. I just picked up an 8ft styleside bed for one at thanksgiving from CL it came with a decent tailgate. It will be going on my 63 F250 4x4. Ill keep an eye out for you. If I see anything Ill give you a shout.

JonWA78 02-08-2012 11:02 PM

Thanks. I'm on the West side of the mountains. I saw a couple adds for truck beds with gates on Craigslist around that same period of time too but I didn't have the spare cash. I have family over there and I'm sure I could figure something out if I found something.

F-100CustomCabTBC 02-11-2012 07:07 PM

If you are still looking for a bench seat I think I might be putting a bench seat from a '81 F-250 in my '58.

I actually just took the bench seat out of the F-250 this morning. I think the only thing I will have to do to it is to make a spacer between the seat pan and the tracking system for my '58. This spacer will only adjust the height of the seat from the cab floor. I have yet to figure out what I will have to raise this seat to get my original seat height. I am guessing a good 2"s though. The seat pan for the F-250 is pretty low, plus I need clearance for the locking machanism for the tracks.

From what I measured the center to center distance of the tracking system of both my original seat and this seat is the same 42". I wanted to reuse the original tracking system but have a later model seat. And believe it or not it was the only junk bench seat in our yard that I would be able to use, and I think it will work pretty well. Another thing I measured was that the seat from the F-250 is about 59" long where I measured my original at about 56" (as far as the seat foam).

I was thinking about either C channel as the spacer but I have to do some figuring of some things first, see what I need to raise and what size C channel I can actually get. Or does someone have a better idea? I want to mock this seat up and put it in my truck make sure it will indeed work. I will make sure I get some pictures.

F-100CustomCabTBC 02-11-2012 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by Walston (Post 11401899)
Here is an article on power steering swap options. Toyota Steering Box Swap For 1948-1960 Trucks .: Articles

If I remember correctly, I believe a seat from a Ranger or S10 fit pretty well. Dennis-Carpenter has the tailgate new, but it is pricy ~$400. You may watch on ebay for one.

LMC just made the tailgate available for the styleside but they want $500.

I bought mine from Dennis-Carpenter a year or 2 ago now. I was happy with it, better than any tailgate I ever saw in a junkyard.

53 tonner 02-11-2012 08:27 PM

Some places for you to check out in MN are Little Dearborn on University Ave., Minneapols, Joe's Auto Sales, by Vermillion, and French
Lake Auto Salvage. Hope that helps.