Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   S. California Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum103/)
-   -   February All Topic (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1135645-february-all-topic.html)

bpounds 02-25-2012 10:35 AM

It's a pretty nice car, IMO. But at 6-6, I don't think you'll need a mask. You'll be so contorted that no one will recognize you.

wpnaes 02-25-2012 10:39 AM

Teamwork:

Arigato from Japan Earthquake Victims - YouTube

SteveBricks 02-25-2012 10:42 AM

I hadn't gotten inside the thing yet, but it looks to be a little roomier than the Camry. If the seat lays down flat I'll just go that route.

Gail's going to follow me over to Domestic, then we'll make our way across the pastures over to the other side of 15 by 6th street. Old friends from all over the place meeting today, of course under sad circumstances.

SteveBricks 02-25-2012 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by wpnaes (Post 11486184)
Teamwork:

Hard to believe that's been almost a year ago. Cool vid :-X22

Jetcopterpilot 02-25-2012 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by bpounds (Post 11485963)
Thanks for explaining what happened, Jet. I was hoping you would comment. Damn, I can never remember your first name. I almost used the one in your sig. :)

I know one thing - if I had been filming that, it would have been rapidly diminishing in the viewfinder. :-hair

Bill If I had been filming it , you would have seen the camera drop, and heard my foot steps fading away.... I have been too close to 3 different Helicopter crashes, and those blades can really move once they come off.

PAUL

turbohunter 02-25-2012 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by Jetcopterpilot (Post 11486464)
Bill If I had been filming it , you would have seen the camera drop, and heard my foot steps fading away.... I have been too close to 3 different Helicopter crashes, and those blades can really move once they come off.

PAUL

Two words.
Remote control.:-X22

Nighteyez 02-25-2012 12:09 PM

Excellent video. Definitely tugs at your heart strings...

That Chinook video was cool too, especially knowing it was a test, and nobody was injured. That is one helicopter design I can't understand how it flies. Both rotors are on the same plane, just rotating in opposite directions. BTW thanks for the explanation about ground resonance. Now I understand it better.

Jim

william_04_x 02-25-2012 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by SteveBricks (Post 11486147)
I shouldn't be encouraging a religious convo, so with apologies I'll change the subject :o

Nissan Altima (Ultima?). Talk about identity crisis, we've got one sitting in the driveway now. I'm gonna have to ride out to Norco in this thing today. What type of mask should I wear?

Better hope it has a sunroof so yer head can poke out the top.

SteveBricks 02-25-2012 09:23 PM

I doesn't. Now my neck hurts.

Jetcopterpilot 02-25-2012 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by Nighteyez (Post 11486535)
Excellent video. Definitely tugs at your heart strings...

That Chinook video was cool too, especially knowing it was a test, and nobody was injured. That is one helicopter design I can't understand how it flies. Both rotors are on the same plane, just rotating in opposite directions. BTW thanks for the explanation about ground resonance. Now I understand it better.

Jim

Jim one of my flight Examiners used to fly Huey's and Chinooks during the Viet Nam war, he was telling a group of us at breakfast one time about the Cobra Pilots getting pissed because the Chinooks could outrun the Smaller Cobras and also the Huey's.. The Chinooks counter rotating systems prevent the aircraft from rolling due to retreating blade stall so they can travel at a greater rate of speed. In reality the rear rotor sets quite a bit higher than the front rotor system, and the blades are sequenced to alternate passing over the fuselage.

SpringerPop 02-26-2012 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by Jetcopterpilot (Post 11489585)
JIn reality the rear rotor sets quite a bit higher than the front rotor system

Is that to ensure "clean" air for that set of blades, or for some clearance between sets?

Pop

Jetcopterpilot 02-26-2012 12:47 PM

Actually both reasons are correct Pop. Very astute observation!

Nighteyez 02-26-2012 04:42 PM

Makes sense, I doubt the rear rotors would be very effective if they were chopping up the same air as the front rotors.

Jim

wpnaes 02-26-2012 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by turbohunter (Post 11481715)
Judge not.

Bravo Marc, a fine job this evening - I'm judging. Those guys on the floor getting the reaction shots earned their pay (and the loose cord guy - official title?). Nicely done crane shots of the terrace/balcony band - whoever was runnin' that jib was smooth. I say take the day off manana:-X22.

The winners need some training on modern microphones. The acceptance pose of the night was a stoop with an upward look at the crowd. Sound guys were busy keepin' the mic feedback at bay.:-X18

Jetcopterpilot 02-26-2012 10:47 PM

Yes the mic feedback was annoying at the very least. but the camera work....BRAVO! Just not enough Cleavage Accept maybe for J-Lo's nipple hints!