Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   S. California Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum103/)
-   -   February All Topic (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1135645-february-all-topic.html)

Jetcopterpilot 02-23-2012 10:50 PM

If you are in the drivers seat with the keys either within reach or in the ignition, or on your person it is technically speaking a DUI... had this discussion with my Cousin the CHP officer, and also with my Daughter's Lawyer, along with my brother the Judge... We all had lunch the other day to discuss it... she is screwed any way she goes.... if the keys had been in the trunk, she would have been okay, but then she could get cited for public intoxication easier on the drivers record.. But who keeps their keys in the trunk? She did not get cited for the tags, but that was what prompted the officer to stop.

wpnaes 02-23-2012 10:53 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Sorry to hear about the fender bender Steve and daughter issues Jet. They do make cars easily seen and avoided.:-X22

A/Ox4 02-23-2012 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by Jetcopterpilot (Post 11479432)
Okay my daughter has had 3 accidents this past month topped off with a DUI... AND she had the nerve to ask if she could get her license back. You would think the Judge had just heard a really good joke, he was cracking up.... Good thing she is on the Ex's insurance, I have already told her to sell her car.... or at this point what is left of it. She is getting off easy for the DUI, as she was parked at the time...

In California if a minor has a drivers license the state grants the parents the ability to officially suspend the license until they see fit or the minor is 18.

Just sayin... :-roll

Nighteyez 02-24-2012 01:26 AM

They need to change the law to PUI instead of DUI if all it takes i to have the keys on you, even though you are not driving. :(

Jim

stRangerXLT 02-24-2012 08:49 AM

the newest trend in DUI enforcement is the double DUI, where since they have no prior they are allowed to leave the vehicle parked instead of getting it impounded. the ticket is written and possibly the person arrested. upon release, they go to retrieve their car (which is being watched by officers at this point) and get pulled over again! happened to TWO different people i know, in two different jurisdiction!

in this closely related COOL STORY, BRO i remind all of you with AAA memberships: if you get too tanked to drive call AAA and tell them your car won't start, get tow home, pure profit because the only thing getting wrecked was you. need to hook up your tipsy friend's ride?? just claim you rode with them and their car won't start, we did this just last weekend!

this message brought to you in memory of sir William Townsend -2011, he was a mere 33 years old.

bpounds 02-24-2012 09:14 AM

"Seinfeld" actor shoots self in apparent suicide attempt - Celebrity Circuit - CBS News

This is one of the craziest stories we've had in a while. Sad too. Be sure to listen to the 911 recording to understand how odd it was.

SteveBricks 02-24-2012 09:25 AM

He was remarkably cogent for someone who just shot themselves in the head.

bpounds 02-24-2012 09:32 AM

It is remarkable how the brain can do that. Different areas for different functions. He had obviously lost some control of his body, but not his speech. I have to hand it to the 911 dispatcher. I would have wrote this off as a crank call.

SteveBricks 02-24-2012 09:39 AM

The cops weren't taking any chances. They wanted to know right off where that gun was. Can't blame them for that.

Jetcopterpilot 02-24-2012 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by A/Ox4 (Post 11479746)
In California if a minor has a drivers license the state grants the parents the ability to officially suspend the license until they see fit or the minor is 18.

Trey, she is 23 years old, so I just get to sit and watch her make a fool of herself in court... Luckily the Judge will suspend her license most likely anyway..... She drives almost an hour each way to work, so she is having to find a job locally as a consequence...

turbohunter 02-24-2012 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by Jetcopterpilot (Post 11481651)
the Judge will suspend her license most likely anyway..... She drives almost an hour each way to work, so she is having to find a job locally as a consequence...

It's at about this time all us old farts reminisce about all the times we told our own young'uns about what would happen if they didn't follow our advice.
The consequence of action (or non action) is an amazing thing to behold.

turbohunter 02-24-2012 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by A/Ox4 (Post 11479746)

Judge not.

Nighteyez 02-24-2012 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by Jetcopterpilot (Post 11481651)
She drives almost an hour each way to work, so she is having to find a job locally as a consequence...

So, in SoCal, an hour to work is what? A 5 mile trip?:-missingt

Jim

Jetcopterpilot 02-24-2012 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by Nighteyez (Post 11481759)
So, in SoCal, an hour to work is what? A 5 mile trip?:-missingt

Jim

Funny..... but in her case it is about 80 miles! You know the So Cal Driving rules... Ten over! if the speed limit is 25 that actually means 35... any freeway is posted 65 but everyone does 75-80.... Heck if you don't you get run over....

Nighteyez 02-24-2012 03:05 PM

Well, I thought it was funny. :)

Jim