Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Missouri Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum104/)
-   -   Missouri Chapter BS/chat/general nonsense thread for February...all are welcome! (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1135463-missouri-chapter-bs-chat-general-nonsense-thread-for-february-all-are-welcome.html)

tcbofade 01-31-2012 02:23 PM

Missouri Chapter BS/chat/general nonsense thread for February...all are welcome!

Howdy, howdy boys and girls.

Yes, I know we've got nine hours of January left...too bad.

Do y'all think that winter is EVER going to get here?

pintoches 01-31-2012 06:03 PM

Hope it does, I want some snow to play in!

earthquake68 01-31-2012 06:09 PM

Bite your tongue, Ches. I'm enjoying not freezing my cookies off working outside.

Today I got Lee's truck buttoned up. I got the tow dolly wired and the new tires on it. I got the shop cleaned up from all the recent projects, and I got the tail gate made for a friend's trailer.

Tomorrow I can get the Dodge over here and start cutting on it.

*2fords* 01-31-2012 08:27 PM

Alan is that Dodge a 4x4? If the transfer case is in it and is good you may be able to sell it.

Looking for these Ford Parts...

Grems4ever 01-31-2012 08:37 PM

I've seen pictures of that truck Lee - there's not too much that is worth messing with other than the rear axle and maybe the wheels. Cutting it up will be an improvement.

earthquake68 02-01-2012 07:17 AM

Lee, yeah, it's pretty bad. It's not 4wd either. The rear, wheels, doors, dash, seat and rear slider window are the only parts I can save. Everything else is scrap metal.

Good Morning Everybody!

Gonna start to get mid-evil on this Dodge. I even bought a bunch of new sawzall blades! }>

whiskey runner 02-01-2012 07:39 AM

good morning ya'll... i need to get ready to head back to missouri.. should try to get something done this week i guess

tcbofade 02-01-2012 08:00 AM

Good morning boys and girls.

The good news is that I got a call about employment this morning...the bad news is that it was for a second shift position and I passed on the opportunity.

Oh well. Getting the phone call is a positive thing...right?

zhilton 02-01-2012 08:07 AM

Morning gentlemen. Ches, while I'd love to see some snow just as much as you...when it effects my employment (crew vans quit moving when the roads get slick) I just as well it not show up. That 21" Carthage got last year about this time this time of year had things screwed up at work for a week.

Originally Posted by earthquake68 (Post 11369261)
Gonna start to get mid-evil on this Dodge. I even bought a bunch of new sawzall blades!

Crap, and you didn't invite me? I was more than willing to BYOS.}>

97 Mountain Man 02-01-2012 08:58 AM

February already:-hair In 6 days I'll be another year older.

5 Weeks from Sunday daylight savings begins. :-X0A6

cyclopsblown34 02-01-2012 10:01 AM

Tomorrow that rodent will be right no matter what the outcome. Yep, Dan's gonna catch up with me next week.

97 Mountain Man 02-01-2012 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by cyclopsblown34 (Post 11369997)
Yep, Dan's gonna catch up with me next week.

I "relish" the thought :-X05

christurney77 02-01-2012 12:07 PM

Hello, local peeps. Been on the site since Oct. but hadn't really looked in the Mo chapter. I live in Neosho.... will start talking with my neighbors more! soooo hello.

97 Mountain Man 02-01-2012 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by christurney77 (Post 11370564)
Hello, local peeps. Been on the site since Oct. but hadn't really looked in the Mo chapter. I live in Neosho.... will start talking with my neighbors more! soooo hello.

What year of truck is that in your avitar? There is an auto repair shop down the street from where I work that has a same year panel wagon for sale. If I only had the money, time & space :(

christurney77 02-01-2012 12:24 PM

btw.... I'm in the process of rebuilding a 1946 1/2 ton. The truck has a little history. My grandfather bought it in the 50's. He use to drive it several times a week to Kansas City. After a few years, it became a farm truck. My father would feed cows with it. (as well as cut donuts out in the field) He ran a stob through the radiator in 1964. It was parked until early 90's. In my high school years, my father and I were going to rebuild.... (never happened) Now it is at my house and we are in the process of rebuilding. I bought a donor 1973 maverick, and am putting the 302/c4 in the old pickup. We have the truck down the the frame and are getting ready to paint the frame in the near future. Also started sanding the body. Our target legal driving date is this fall.