Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tennessee Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum95/)
-   -   anybody near Memphis want to show off your Auto/Enginuity? [got one!] (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1133838-anybody-near-memphis-want-to-show-off-your-auto-enginuity-got-one.html)

Idahoser 01-25-2012 04:39 PM

anybody near Memphis want to show off your Auto/Enginuity? [got one!]

I have codes that keep coming back. I'm probably going to buy one anyway, just thought a demo first might be a good idea.

Layed Out 100 01-31-2012 12:44 AM

What codes is it showing?

Idahoser 01-31-2012 09:16 AM

the ScanGauge doesn't say what the codes are, only that the DTC count =3 at this point. I have ordered the AutoEnginuity but it hasn't arrived yet.

I did try Autozone and O'Reilly and their scanners both said no codes.

The last week or so I'd been having an increasing amount of blue/white smoke on start. It got to where it would take warming all the way over 190 before it would stop smoking, and sitting for a while even then on warm start it would smoke. But, it was intermittent. It DID stop smoking.

I changed my oil and oil & fuel filters Sunday. It smoked a bit Sunday and Monday, less than before, and there was none today. It's also been significantly warmer overnight than last week though, so there could be more things going on.

This is my second T6 oil change, I use Racor filters from DFO. 5,000 miles on the last three oil changes.

I also switched to the white bottle Diesel Fuel Supplement for this tank.

Layed Out 100 02-03-2012 05:06 AM

I live in hernando and work in memphis, I would not mind trying my SCT tuner to read it for you......I'm no mechanic but I do know a really good one for 6.0's in memphis and he is fast and cheap.

Idahoser 02-03-2012 08:59 AM

I appreciate the offer and I may like to see that in action in any case one of these days. But I did order the A/E and it should be arriving any day now so I think I'll be ok. The smoke did come back for a short time yesterday morning but none today, so I think the oil change did some good and the warmer weather does the most to help.

Idahoser 02-17-2012 01:06 PM

okay, after a shipping mixup I finally got my AutoEnginuity ScanTool a couple days ago. Yesterday I plugged it in and fooled around with it for a while. I can see many of the same things I can see with the ScanGauge II, although it is nice to be able to see many of them on one screen where the ScanGauge only does four at a time.

Now my smoking problem. I see where I can turn off individual injectors. Is that a good place to start? Or is there an 'injector test' I should run?

These are the codes I have now (there were four a week ago, but now there are only two)
- Enhanced Powertrain CAN
-- P0460 Fuel Level Sensor A Circuit
--- Module: Auxiliary Emission Controls
(I have never seen the fuel low light, even though I've had it pretty low. The gauge works fine)
-- P0528 Fan Speed Sensor Circuit No Signal
--- Module: Vehicle Speed Idle Control And Auxiliary Inputs
(No idea about this one, I do get a reading on Fan Speed Sensor on the A/E and on the ScanGauge)

I wish I knew what the earlier ones were but, I guess, being "Pending" means they're historical, not current faults, right?