Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   1973 - 1979 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum38/)
-   -   Fuel opening to gas tank hose 76 F150 (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1129822-fuel-opening-to-gas-tank-hose-76-f150.html)

charkane 01-10-2012 10:02 PM

Fuel opening to gas tank hose 76 F150

Anyone have any suggestions where to get a good quality hose that runs from the fuel-neck-opening to the rear gas tank. I usually get it from LMC truck, but they all dry rot and leak after and year or so (live in southern AZ). Royal pain dropping the gas tank just to install this hose every..year. Any other sourcing suggestions would be much appreciated.
<O:p</O:p
Thanks.

NumberDummy 01-11-2012 02:40 AM

Originally Posted by charkane (Post 11266602)
Anyone have any suggestions where to get a good quality hose that runs from the fuel-neck-opening to the aft axle gas tank.

I usually get it from LMC truck, but they all dry rot and leak after and year or so (live in southern AZ). Royal pain dropping the gas tank just to install this hose every..year. Any other sourcing suggestions would be much appreciated.

<O:p</O:p
Thanks.

The hose has to be made from neoprene rubber, otherwise it will rot out within a very short time...whether it's parked inside the Biosphere :) or not.

Styleside pickup w/aft axle fuel tank: There are two different filler hoses: With or without Evaporative Emission System.

If it has Evap/Em, there will be a charcoal cannister mounted on the frame rail adjacent to the alternator. Nestled into the top of the fuel tank is a round fuel vapor valve, with a line routing from it to the cannister.

FineSeventyNine 01-11-2012 05:49 AM

Originally Posted by NumberDummy (Post 11267245)
The hose has to be made from neoprene rubber, otherwise it will rot out within a very short time...whether it's parked inside the Biosphere :) or not.

Styleside pickup w/aft axle fuel tank: There are two different filler hoses: With or without Evaporative Emission System.

If it has Evap/Em, there will be a charcoal cannister mounted on the frame rail adjacent to the alternator. Nestled into the top of the fuel tank is a round fuel vapor valve, with a line routing from it to the cannister.

Bill,
I have a similar issue with this '79 F350 C&C dump truck I just bought. I went to put fuel in an it's dripping from the filler hose. The only redeeming grace is.......I can raise the dump bed and easily get to the fuel filler hose.
My question..to draw from your well of knowledge.....is this hose the same PN for a truck that had a standard bed with the side mount tank?

Where the hose goes over the top of the frame rail it's sorta flattened a bit.

VIN # F37SUDG6903

Thanks,
Whit

NumberDummy 01-11-2012 06:56 AM

Originally Posted by FineSeventyNine (Post 11267400)
Bill,
I have a similar issue with this '79 F350 C&C dump truck I just bought. I went to put fuel in an it's dripping from the filler hose. The only redeeming grace is.......I can raise the dump bed and easily get to the fuel filler hose.

My question..to draw from your well of knowledge.....is this hose the same PN for a truck that had a standard bed with the side mount tank?
Prolly not...will know for sure when you answer the two questions I asked.

Where the hose goes over the top of the frame rail it's sorta flattened a bit.

VIN # F37SUDG6903

F37 = F350 2WD Cab & Chassis.

Mid-ship or aft axle fuel tank? With/without Evaporative Emission?

These hoses are a PITA to look up, because there is no catalog sequence. The applications jump around from year to year, Regular to Crew to Super Cab, then back to Regular Cab, with Econolines tossed into the mish-mash.

The section of the filler hose that is flattened is supposed to be that way.

FineSeventyNine 01-11-2012 07:27 AM

Mid-ship tank.........w/o evap

charkane 01-11-2012 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by NumberDummy (Post 11267245)

Hi Bill,

Yes, styleside pickup w/aft axle fuel tank, w/o Evaporative Emission System...

grinnergetter 01-11-2012 07:33 PM

Just an idea ...I'm using a clear fuel hose that I got from either Jaz fuel cells or Summit. I can't comment on longevity other than 1 1/2 years of being installed with fuel in the barn.

Rusty_Old_F250 01-11-2012 09:28 PM

Funny that this came up, I've been tackling the same project today. I went a different route and bought bulk hose from the local parts store. I can't say anything for the longevity, but just be sure you get the type of hose certified for gasoline, i had one place send me home with a piece of 3/4" heater hose instead of 3/4" vent hose. You can reuse the metal plates from the old hose and clamp it all together with some big hose clamps.

Sam

texanrick 01-13-2012 08:19 PM

Just received my new side mount gas tank but since the old one was taken off some years ago I have forgotten how to mount the sensor and float. It looks like it will hang down for the float to move correctly but I would like to see a diag. Any suggestions where to locate. Book is not much help. I have the hoses from LMC and all looks to be quality. I think I had a canister on this '79 Ranger F150 but not sure. Does it help with determination of the hoses?

NumberDummy 01-13-2012 11:49 PM

Originally Posted by charkane (Post 11268255)
1976 F150 Styleside pickup w/aft axle fuel tank, w/o Evaporative Emission System.

D5TZ-9047-A .. Aft Axle Fuel Tank Filler Hose-Use without Evaporative Emission / Obsolete

Last MSRP: $71.45 / Dealer net cost: $42.87.

Applications: 1975/77 F100/350 Super Cab / 1975/78 F100/250 Regular Cab Styleside/Flareside pickups.

:-wink DON SANDERSON FORD in Glendale AZ has 1 = 623-842-8648.

GREEN SALES CO. in Cincinnati OH has 3 = 800-543-4959.

CARPENTER NOS OBSOLETE PARTS in Concord NC has 22 = 800-476-9653.

DKW 86 01-14-2012 05:17 AM

Many Advance Auto Parts stores carry it in their commercial side.