Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Arkansas Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum175/)
-   -   Another Arkansan found us: F250W6.0 (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1122918-another-arkansan-found-us-f250w6-0-a.html)

tojoski 12-14-2011 07:37 PM

Another Arkansan found us: F250W6.0

Welcome to the chapter: F250W6.0 :-X03

Hopefully the guys up in NWA can get that 6.0 lined out for ya.

F250W6.0 12-14-2011 09:20 PM

Thanks for the welcome Joe .I am glad you were able to respond so fast, Zack told me you were very busy. Zack was here at the house today and he feels sure he has located the problem. I do not have much wrench time so I am going to hire the work done I am now in the process of looking into what parts I need to throw at it. Zack feels sure that it is the heads (Yea me) Good news is that now I can justify putting the ARP studs in LOL. I am needing sugggestions as to what else but I am not able to throw a lot of $ so I need to pick wisely.Thanks so much to everyone ...AND a BIG IOU one to Zack......

zhilton 12-15-2011 08:11 AM

Welcome to the funny farm, no one bites. But we're all up on our shots just in case something goes wrong.

Finally, another 6.0L driver has joined the site. Get a couple more and we'll give those trash talking 7.3L owners a run for their money.}>

jgoodman6891 12-15-2011 09:09 AM

Welcome & look, another 6.0.no. Starting to think you getting lonely Zack.

F250W6.0 12-15-2011 09:24 AM

Good morning !!!!Zack I found a local shop to do the work for the heads will cost $1400 labor plus parts, I told tham I would bring it in Monday.Thanks so very much for your help. Now I gotta figure out what things I am going to upgrade etc. I know when I get it back I am installing monitors like you showed me, as well as block htr. cord, blue spring, coolant filter. I feel these are essentials.

jgoodman6891 12-15-2011 09:40 AM

$1400 just in labor..... dear god I need to work on newer Ford trucks rather than just little side jobs here & there.

tojoski 12-15-2011 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by zhilton (Post 11156394)
Finally, another 6.0L driver has joined the site. Get a couple more and we'll give those trash talking 7.3L owners a run for their money.}>

Funny you mention "run for your money" when we're talkin $1400 in labor alone in here...:-hair

mechmagcn 12-15-2011 08:18 PM

Welcome :-wink
Another "poor" soul with a 6 oh-no.... if you're not poor, it will make you that way :-roll

zhilton 12-15-2011 09:12 PM

And here comes one of my infamous multi-quote replies....

Originally Posted by jgoodman6891 (Post 11156643)
Welcome & look, another 6.0.no. Starting to think you getting lonely Zack.

If you only knew how much time I spend by myself. No pitty party, just the facts.

Originally Posted by F250W6.0 (Post 11156700)
Good morning !!!!Zack

Morning/evening Harry, hope the fog wasn't too bad up your way. Was patchy when I headed north this morning.

Originally Posted by F250W6.0 (Post 11156700)
Now I gotta figure out what things I am going to upgrade etc. I know when I get it back I am installing monitors like you showed me, as well as block htr. cord, blue spring, coolant filter. I feel these are essentials.

There is a term for what your going through...PMS = Powerstroke Mod Syndrome; some cases have known to get expensive...just ask our fearless leader about his case of it. Unless you like analog gauges, you could get a ScanGauge II at either Amazon or AutoZone (goes for about $160). It will read real time data (oil & coolant temperature, voltage, RPM and etc). It will read codes, but can't dianose weak injectors. Allot of guys in the 6.0L forum like it because they can pull their own codes (will show up as a P#####). But if your like me, nothing beats analog information.

Originally Posted by jgoodman6891 (Post 11156770)
$1400 just in labor..... dear god I need to work on newer Ford trucks rather than just little side jobs here & there.

You don't want to do that. You'll end up buying specialized tools that only work on PSD. And once you start that, you'll want 'em all...more $$$$ out of pocket.

Originally Posted by tojoski (Post 11158791)
Funny you mention "run for your money" when we're talkin $1400 in labor alone in here...

Professional shop, not shade tree...which is do-able if you have the time. I do not, doing good to keep up with what I've got. Anyone want to track down a power steering leak on a '02 Honda Odyssey?????

Originally Posted by mechmagcn (Post 11159001)
Another "poor" soul with a 6 oh-no.... if you're not poor, it will make you that way

Don't scare the poor guy off, at least he isn't driving a 6.4L or one of those Berlin boat anchors}> Yeah, I went there!

F250W6.0 12-16-2011 11:25 AM

Oh Man Zack these guys are hard on a 6.0 guy.....I am only sorry I did not come in with a running truck but, I'm in it for the long haul anyway. And I do not want to talk any trash, I'll just haul it away.LOL But first gotta get the truck going..........O My:(

mechmagcn 12-16-2011 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by F250W6.0 (Post 11161372)
...... these guys are hard on a 6.0 guy.....

Not just a 6.0 :-X15.... I don't care for any PSD, give me an IDI any day ;)

jgoodman6891 12-16-2011 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by mechmagcn (Post 11161532)
Not just a 6.0 :-X15.... I don't care for any PSD, give me an IDI any day ;)

Im actually with jeff here. Im out of that ******* (going fast all the time) stage & love how simple the IDIs are. Just wish I had several more for my other trucks. Ive hauled 1 load with my 1ton & it handled it great. It wasnt running as good as its running now but ran out great.

As long as it says Ford on the title & steering wheel Im happy.

zhilton 12-16-2011 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by jgoodman6891 (Post 11161720)
Im actually with jeff here. Im out of that ******* (going fast all the time) stage & love how simple the IDIs are.

Yeah, their simple alright. Light one off and you don't need a battery or alternator to keep 'em running. I'll give y'all that much. But I like have the power to pull a trailer that weighs TWICE the truck and still stay with traffic. Like I've said for a while now...living with an IDI truck is like living with a ugly woman, hopefully she can cook. Now living with a PSD (especially the 6.0L) it's like living with a supermodel; she might be high maintenance but when your out on the town there's a grin from ear to ear. I'll keep my PSD and get twice the work done.}>

jgoodman6891 12-17-2011 05:42 AM

Originally Posted by zhilton (Post 11163694)
Yeah, their simple alright. Light one off and you don't need a battery or alternator to keep 'em running. I'll give y'all that much. But I like have the power to pull a trailer that weighs TWICE the truck and still stay with traffic. Like I've said for a while now...living with an IDI truck is like living with a ugly woman, hopefully she can cook. Now living with a PSD (especially the 6.0L) it's like living with a supermodel; she might be high maintenance but when your out on the town there's a grin from ear to ear. I'll keep my PSD and get twice the work done.}>

Then there is also that PSD/hot woman issue of some dude always trying to get a piece of it & loosing it.

BigAlsPSD 12-20-2011 02:50 AM

Welcome, glad Zack is getting you lined out, never met him, but he seems like a great guy keeping the brotherhood of PSD owners alive.

As for the 6.0 vs 7.3 vs whatever. I love them all, but I would have to admit although I would not be scared of personally owning a 6.0 they can be quite pricey in the repair department. Best of luck on the repairs, where in NWA are you located? Never mind, Rudy I saw in your other posts.