Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   S. California Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum103/)
-   -   Pet Peeves (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1122560-pet-peeves.html)

Nighteyez 12-15-2011 12:55 PM

Yeah, I am sure a Pontiac with all those emblems and nameplates doesn't look anything like a 41 Ford. And I know the Camaro and Firebird were identical under the sheet metal, but when the warranty paperwork states you own a Camaro, when you actually own a Firebird, they may claim you got rid of the Camaro and are trying to get the muffler replaced on your Firebird. I couldn't get the moron to understand that, so I gave up, and drove my "Camaro" home.

wpnaes 12-18-2011 10:03 AM

Just finished reading the LA Times. I dislike the 1/2 page fold over ad that covers the 1st page. No doubt it helps keep the paper alive, but what a pain. Better to have the 0.5 inches of newpaper ads all in one section so they can go directly from my drive way into recycling on my way into the house.:-X03

bpounds 12-18-2011 10:12 AM

Ayup, that's one of mine too, Sean. Nothing should be covering the headlines. How else can I read the top stories through the newspaper machine door? My local paper does the same thing, so I guess it is the latest marketing technique for that industry.

Nighteyez 12-18-2011 10:59 AM

TV stations that advertize at the bottom of the screen for upcoming events. Or their logo in the lower left/right corner is too big.

turbohunter 12-18-2011 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by Nighteyez (Post 11168242)
TV stations that advertize at the bottom of the screen for upcoming events. Or their logo in the lower left/right corner is too big.

X2^^^^^^^:-X09

stRangerXLT 12-18-2011 12:23 PM

uptight people who can't take a joke

turbohunter 12-18-2011 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by stRangerXLT (Post 11168611)
uptight people who can't take a joke

Hey, up yours man!:-X04

gangstakr 12-18-2011 07:17 PM

People who don't use their turn signals. Only time I like it is when I'm having to do traffic control, I can send them in the direction that takes them back to where they started from. "Next time signal"
You come to a stop sign and the bone-head going in the opposite direction is also stopped then tries to turn left in front of you, like I'm suppose to know he's turning. "Next time signal"

Nighteyez 12-18-2011 08:39 PM

I agree, the manufacturers put them there to be used, but half the people on the road never do.:-arrgh

Jim

stRangerXLT 12-20-2011 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by turbohunter (Post 11168641)
Hey, up yours man!:-X04

o no no no... up yours!!! :-X04

Kudofo 12-20-2011 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by stRangerXLT (Post 11175764)
o no no no... up yours!!! :-X04

Sounds like he is asking you out on a date turbohunter. :rolleyes:

stRangerXLT 12-20-2011 12:30 PM

u jelly!!!

turbohunter 12-20-2011 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by Kudofo (Post 11176424)
Sounds like he is asking you out on a date turbohunter. :rolleyes:

He's just trying to be a loving and kind individual that knows I work in Hollywood so is trying to make me feel at home.:-X0A6
I am very appreciative.:-X22

ghanson 12-20-2011 04:10 PM

I hate when I ask a question and someone tells me everything anout the topic before answering my question. All I need is the GD answer to my very specific question!

The other day I called my sister to ask what the room number was for my mother's doctor's office. Her response was;
Her: "It isn't in the hospital! Go across the street..."
Me: "I'm in the right building, what's the room number."
Her: "It's accross the street, let me get you the street name."
Me: "Whats the room number?"
Her: "Ok, its on the first floor of the brick building"
Me: "The first number of the room number tells me the floor What's the room number!?"

I ended up just cussing her our and my phone died before she told me. my sister is the Devil.

barthel 12-20-2011 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by ghanson (Post 11177268)
I hate when I ask a question and someone tells me everything anout the topic before answering my question. All I need is the GD answer to my very specific question!

I'll ask my wife what time we need to be somewhere, and she'll proceed to tell me the rational used for calculating our arrival time.

I calmly and gently tell her "I asked you what time it was and you're telling how to build a watch". :-blah