Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   6.2L V8 (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum206/)
-   -   Searching for a 6.2 (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1117957-searching-for-a-6-2-a.html)

Horses Ghost 11-24-2011 08:24 PM

Searching for a 6.2

First post on here and I have a couple of questions. I just sold my 05 Duramax CC because of the high price of diesel and high maintenance costs. I have checked with the local dealers, we have 2 in town, and they only have one on the lot. They both want me to order a new one, but I don't want to wait 8-12 weeks. Are dealers capable of looking at inventory nationwide, or only local?
What I am looking for is a F250 4X4 crew cab with a 6.2l and 4:30 rear end,white platinum metallic, Lariate pkg. I am willing to travel anywhere in the country to get one sooner. Thanks for the help......Mark

powerstroke72 11-24-2011 08:30 PM

Welcome to FTE Mark.:-X22

To answer one of your questions, yes dealers can search inventory nationwide. I'm in VA and my local dealer has gone as far as Michigan to get a vehicle for a customer. The only problem with that is that you'll be expected to absorb some of the cost to go and get the vehicle, depending upon how far they have to go to pick up the truck.

On another note, the only problem you may have finding a truck in that specific configuration is finding one with 4.30 gears. Most trucks on dealer lots have the 3.73s. It's going to make finding a truck a little harder as opposed to ordering one.

A good source for finding a truck is cars.com. They list thousands of them on there and finding F-250s with the 6.2 isn't generally too hard.

Powerdude 11-25-2011 10:00 AM

There don't seem to be many gas engines on dealer lots that's for sure.

Tons of diesels at overly inflated prices, which they then knock off another $8k, so that the price seems lower but it's still inflated, but no gassers.

I'd rather buy an engine made in Romeo, Michigan then a Diesel engine made in Mexico, with a high pressure pump made in china.

ryanguy76 11-25-2011 07:51 PM

I think the toughest part of your search will be finding one with the 4:30 rear. If theres any way you can wait to order one, i'd HIGHLY recommend it, i did and have no regrets, and its cool knowing YOU designed the truck and didnt end up with something off the lot with options you may or may not have wanted. Best of luck!

5 Star Tuning 11-26-2011 07:40 AM

Good point on the 4.30 most dealer lots that have the 6.2L will have the std set 3.73. Ordering is the way to go to get what you want.

powerstroke72 11-26-2011 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by Horses Ghost (Post 11076195)
First post on here and I have a couple of questions. I just sold my 05 Duramax CC because of the high price of diesel and high maintenance costs. I have checked with the local dealers, we have 2 in town, and they only have one on the lot. They both want me to order a new one, but I don't want to wait 8-12 weeks. Are dealers capable of looking at inventory nationwide, or only local?
What I am looking for is a F250 4X4 crew cab with a 6.2l and 4:30 rear end,white platinum metallic, Lariate pkg. I am willing to travel anywhere in the country to get one sooner. Thanks for the help......Mark

Take a look at this link. There are roughly 6175 of the 6.2 Super Duty F-250 trucks listed on cars.com. You may have to do a little digging to find one with 4.30 gears but it's worth a shot. Dealers are stocking more of these trucks than they used to.

New Cars for Sale: Listings Near 37620 - Cars.com

Or if you wanted an F-350, there are over 1200 of them with the 6.2:

New Cars for Sale: Listings Near 37620 - Cars.com

Falconscheduler 11-26-2011 10:51 PM

I saw this on Good Deals on Pickup Trucks Worth Big $$ - PickupTrucks.com News ....Looks like Ford is offering some nice incentives to get rid of remaining 2011 6.2's. I went to the Ford site however and only saw like 2500 in rebates....might have to ask your local dealer on rebate details.

5 Star Tuning 11-27-2011 07:20 AM

Great info John thanks :-wink