Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   S. California Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum103/)
-   -   Your trucks's racing stats (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1111189-your-truckss-racing-stats.html)

ghanson 10-28-2011 04:29 PM

Your trucks's racing stats

Hey, I know I'm still young and dumb, but how many of you have found yourself racing another car from a light and how did you do?

My records as of now:

1. Brother's '06 5.4L F-150 vs. my stock 6.0L; rolling start, he was able to pull away since he started with a truck lenght on me.

2. Girl in an '07 GT mustang 4.6L (w/flowmasters) vs. me w/Banks programmer (set to 4 of 6); smoked her from a light.

3. Buddy's '08 4-banger Frontier vs my stock 6.0; I didn't realize he was racing until he started to slowly pass me with his engine screaming... I quickly put him in his place as soon and the turbo spooled up.

4. I haven't had any real challenges since I've gotten my Banks chip, but I'm still waiting to see how she does against my brother's '06 F-150 FX400 (special edition, his F-150 listed above got wreck by a woman w/o insurance) 5.4 with Magnaflows, cold air, and throttle body spacer (I'm pretty confident I can take him though).

A/Ox4 10-28-2011 05:22 PM

I dont race on public roads.

Oh wait. I did once. For about 30 yards. It was more of an off the line race, who can get ahead first. My 2005 Tundra 4.0 V6 vs a 2005 Silverado 1500 4.8L V8. I won, no contest.

ghanson 10-28-2011 05:39 PM

Shoot! Thanks for mentioning that A/Ox4! I didn't mention that 2 and 3 were both from the metering light going onto the freeway (0-70ish), and 1 was to 60 turning left onto PCH (55 mph). Granted racing in any way is dangerous, I stick with off the line stuff and keep it roughly to the speed limit. I don't condone the 100+ fast and furious stuff, that is stupid, especially in a truck! Sorry for not specifying that earlier!

Nice job beating the Chevy though!

A/Ox4 10-28-2011 05:41 PM

No worries, but try to keep it to the track. There are lost of legal racing opportunities around. If your interested several people here race and could let you know where to go.

Nighteyez 10-28-2011 11:03 PM

I haven't raced anyone on the street in over 30 years. However, I do remember 4 times when I was young and stupid.

1) In high school, driving my dad's bone stock 1974 Dodge Dart 4 door sedan with a stock 318 2 bbl. VS a friend in a 1967 Mustang 289. No contest, he blew me away.

2) Again, in high school, with my dad's Dart VS a 69 Dodge Dart that was also stock apparently as neither of us could pull away from the other.

3) In the Air Force, stationed in Homestead Florida, I had a "73 340 Duster and raced a Pontiac Trans Am with either the 400 or 455 CID engine. I believe it was a 70-71. Off the line we were dead even, but as we continued down the road, he slowly pulled away from me.

4) Going up an on ramp to the 22 Fwy, I was in a '82 Mazda RX-7 totally stock VS a late 80's early 90's 5.0 Mustang GT, I smoked him.

So my record is 1 win, 1 tie, and 2 losses. However, like I stated before, I have not done that in over 30 years, and have no intention of adding anymore to the list. As stated above, racing on the street is very dangerous. Someone could pull out in front of you, or you could blow a tire, or even an engine. No trained EMT's standing by like they are at the track.