Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   S. California Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum103/)
-   -   Shop recommendation- San Diego or Riverside (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1108172-shop-recommendation-san-diego-or-riverside.html)

m4ximusprim3 10-17-2011 05:26 PM

Shop recommendation- San Diego or Riverside

Hi Guys,

I'm looking at having somebody do some work on my F-350 (probably just intake and headers/exhaust, looking for a few extra HP without getting too deep into it).

Does anyone have a shop recommendation in San Diego or Riverside county? I know 460's aren't super uncommon and are pretty easy to work on, but I don't really want to just throw darts at the phone book if I can help it.

Thanks!
Max

A/Ox4 10-19-2011 05:31 PM

Bump. I know we have some SD people.

Are you looking for custom work or just to buy kits and bolt them on. Because bolt on kits are pretty easy.

m4ximusprim3 10-20-2011 10:08 AM

Probably not custom, just a bolt on kit like banks or something of the sort. Looking to keep the costs under $2500 or so, and just gain a little juice for pulling a heavy trailer up the local hills. I'd do the wrenching myself but my schedule is pretty tight for the next month and a half and I need the truck up and running for most of the time.

I was looking at 4 Wheel Parts in San Marcos, anyone have any experience with them? Their one google review is not glowing, but they seem to be the only one around my area. I'd rather go to a smaller shop if anyone knows of one though- I hate giving cash to chain stores.

Thanks!

A/Ox4 10-20-2011 02:23 PM

The 4 wheel parts around here is pretty good.

If your open, you could look into asking a member to help you.
But thats up to you I understand if you want a shop, thats not unreasonable.

m4ximusprim3 10-20-2011 04:40 PM

I'd be amenable to someone who needed some extra cash doing the install, as long as they knew what they were doing :) I'd even throw in some free wine and avocados to sweeten the deal!

Does anybody on here that you know of have the time and the experience for a basic banks upgrade if I bought the pack?

Daz00Excursion 10-20-2011 10:36 PM

Originally Posted by m4ximusprim3 (Post 10943509)
I'd be amenable to someone who needed some extra cash doing the install, as long as they knew what they were doing :) I'd even throw in some free wine and avocados to sweeten the deal!

Does anybody on here that you know of have the time and the experience for a basic banks upgrade if I bought the pack?

I have a Shop that can do the work. but they are in Mission Viejo. i dont know how far you want to drive but this shop has done a lot work for me. Tuning my 97 Roush Mustang and my 95 Impala SS.I know the owner and he knows his stuff. Umberto Gizzi is his name. IMO he is the Ford guru down in Orange County. Been featured in Mustang Magazines and such. his prices are within reason. But with that comes a confidence that things will get done right the first time. its well worth the drive. :-jammin:D

check them out
http://www.grcperformance.com

A/Ox4 10-20-2011 10:43 PM

If he was closer to me I'd offer to do it for him and save him a few bucks. But I'm a bit far.

SpringerPop 10-20-2011 10:59 PM

If Mission Viejo isn't too far, Bud Anderson's shop, The Diesel Shop has a LOT of SoCal satisfied Powerstroke owners! See:
Bud's Shop Website

I believe you'll get a lot of endorsements here.

Pop

SixGunCaliforniaKid 10-21-2011 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by SpringerPop (Post 10944939)
If Mission Viejo isn't too far, Bud Anderson's shop, The Diesel Shop has a LOT of SoCal satisfied Powerstroke owners! See:
Bud's Shop Website

Pop

Wow hes got some decently priced gear on there.... Bookmarked :-X22

SpringerPop 10-21-2011 04:10 PM

Bud's a good guy, and not in it for the "fast buck".

Pop

m4ximusprim3 10-21-2011 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by SpringerPop (Post 10944939)
Bud's Shop Website

Pop

He seems pretty diesel focused. Would they laugh me out of town if I showed up with a big block gasser?

SpringerPop 10-21-2011 06:40 PM

Guess I hang with too many diesel-types, and made the mistake of projecting.

Forget Bud's. He's diesel.

Sorry......

Pop

SpringerPop 10-21-2011 06:40 PM

Slow server response time results in a double post, again.........

Pop