Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Maryland Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum186/)
-   -   Is my truck a 1 ton truck? (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1107515-is-my-truck-a-1-ton-truck.html)

Copedawg 10-15-2011 06:56 AM

Is my truck a 1 ton truck?

Good morning Maryland!
I am looking to find out if my truck is a 1 ton truck. On my registration it says I am registered as a 7000 GVW, also It says I am in clas EOL. Is this considered a 1 ton OR 3/4 ton...in the eyes of court or MVA?

Have fun at the GTG later...I will be back later this evening.
Thanks
IAN

dustybumpers 10-15-2011 07:03 AM

open the driver's door, and tell me what the tag says at gross weight.

interesting note in Md

All trucks to half ton - 7,000, includes mini trucks like ranger

all trucks to 8,600- 3/4 ton

all trucks to 10,000 -1 ton

Copedawg 10-15-2011 07:19 AM

GVWR (combined) is 9200 lbs.
I don't see a GVW numkber except on the registration (7000)

dustybumpers 10-15-2011 07:32 AM

Your truck is a 3/4. if you pull a trailer, you may want to up the tags, if not, you're saving money, lol

Copedawg 10-15-2011 09:01 AM

Thanks Charlie!
I have the HOA buggen me tellen me my truck is a 1 ton therefore they are gonna tow in on MONDAY or TUESDAY! I am gonna tell them " tow it and I'll see you in court".
I have to roll now...have fun at the GTG!
Talk to you later
IAN

dustybumpers 10-15-2011 09:14 AM

I have f-250 emblems on all my 1 tons. I have it like that because of those stupid idiots. Tell them If they Tow it to expect a law suit. If there are no signs in your hood that say no trucks over 1/2 ton to expect some jail time for towing it. Make sure you have filled out the privacy act papers at the mva to make it illegal for them to research your truck.

dustybumpers 10-15-2011 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by dustybumpers (Post 10923072)
Your truck is a 3/4. if you pull a trailer, you may want to up the tags, if not, you're saving money, lol

Oh, and the mva says it's a half ton. you will be having fun with the HOA now!!!!

alchymist 10-15-2011 11:34 AM

Maryland DMV has had it's head up it's (*) for ever. In 2005 I bought an F250, and when the registration came from the DMV it was registered for 7000#. I called the dealer and asked why it wasn't for 9000, and was told they only send the paperwork in and the DMV selects the class. I called DMV, and was told all 3/4 ton trucks were registered at 7000. I explained to her that an F250 supercab 4X4 weighed in at about 6500 lbs, and by putting a driver and a tank full of gas in it, it was nearly 7000 lbs without a load. I asked what would happen if I got stopped with a 1000 # load. She said the officer would go by the tag on the door.

I called the MD State Police, and was told no, I would be ticketed for overweight. Back and forth several times to no avail. I then wrote the governor's office and offered to take over the DMV and straighten it out. I later got a letter from his office saying the situation had been straightened out and the registration on my truck changed to 9000#, and I should send them a check for the difference. Check sent, with registration and Vin number on the check. Check was returned with a note that they didn't know where to apply it. Threw the letters in the glove compartment, and continued to operate on the original registration. Figured if I ever got stopped, I'd just hand it all to the cop and let him figure it out.

Thankfully some time later I was able to escape to the USA.

Copedawg 10-16-2011 06:34 PM

Thanks for all the input! I am gonna bank (in court) that I am a 3/4 ton vehicle. I will have to take the tow company to court not the HOA. They are responsible for "ploicing" the neighborhood by the HOA's rules. ALSO, if I they are found at fault they will owe me TRIPLE the amount I paid to get my vehicle back.

dustybumpers 10-16-2011 06:43 PM

The truck got towed? They better have taken the driveshaft out before they towed it on a hook. If they towed it on a rollback they f/uped the parking pawl in the trans, you aren't saposed to drag them in park.So, if they didn't have the keys, they drug it. Guess there's some dents on it now that wasn't there before?Who towed it? ABC?

Copedawg 10-16-2011 06:53 PM

They have not towed it....YET but I on the list. I already know about the drive train. They will bend my bumper and the trans won't shift right. (I towed cars for years so I have ideas I am on the "hit list" I will beat them 2 time IAW Md law before I break out the 3/4 ton enlightenment.

I hope you all had a good time at the GTG! Also I won't be at work tomorrow so no funny clips...but I will double up on Tuesday

dustybumpers 10-16-2011 06:58 PM

s'ok bout the jokes, when you have time, I'll still send yours......... Gtg was great!!! Go back in the link i gave you, and check out the pics!!!!! I'm the one with the ford hat on, lol

jr32560 10-17-2011 05:48 AM

trying to understand all this?
a home owners association is going to tow a truck because it's a 1 ton?
and that is why
are one tons on a special can't be in a neighborhood law~~~~
kinda thought the rating just was the gross weight you could carry
not how much the vehicle weighed }>

dustybumpers 10-17-2011 07:07 AM

Some hoods, and hoas do not allow commercial vehicles. Even a privately owned vehicle in their eyes is commercial if registered at 10,000 lbs

MexicanScaper987 10-17-2011 05:29 PM

Are you speaking about the F350 in your signiture? Sorry to say but a 350 or 3500 is considered to be a 1 ton truck. 250 or 2500 would be considered a 3/4 ton.. Best of luck getting the issue resolved!