Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   6.2L V8 (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum206/)
-   -   2012 and beyond...FORD 6.2L Mods (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1106961-2012-and-beyond-ford-6-2l-mods.html)

biz4two 10-12-2011 11:40 PM

2012 and beyond...FORD 6.2L Mods

Ok...fellow FTE'ers...I have a quick question...and hope you'all are able to assist.

Any changes to the 2012 6.2L in the SuperDuty line? IE:

If not, then when might we see some improvement (enhanced) mods? I'm just curious...:-huh

So...let the speculation begin...:-X21

biz
    :-X22

2000silverbullet 10-13-2011 05:27 AM

Motor wise, it's the same as the '11's. I heard there were some changes to the transmission that alleviated alot of the shift issues. Anyways, changes from the 2012 order guide below. I'd like to have the one touch up/down on the windows and the Sync Applink, but I can do without. I wonder what a "power sliding heated backlight" looks like? I may have to check one out when I take my truck in. :-X22

MODEL/SERIES/AVAILABILITY CHANGES
    • None

PACKAGES/OPTIONS ADDED
    • CNG/LPG Prep Package (98F) for 6.2L Gas Engine
    • 2" sleeve reducer added to vehicles that receive the 2.5" hitch
    • 1-touch up/down driver/pass window included with Power Equipment Group (standard on XLT/Lariat/King Ranch®)
    • MyKey® is now standard on XL
    • 4-way adjustable driver passenger headrest (standard on XLT/Lariat/King Ranch®)
    • TPMS Delete (18L) fleet only optional on F-350 SRW over 10K GVWR)
    • Autumn Red (GT) added to exterior paint lineup (late availability)
    • New XLT Value Package has been added (17V)
    • XLT Premium Package (17P) now includes 18" Chrome Clad Wheel and 18" LT275/65R 18E A/S BSW tire.
    • Chrome Package (17P) and King Ranch® Chrome Package (17R) now includes 18" Chrome Clad Wheel and 18" LT275/65R 18E A/S BSW tire. 20" Chrome Clad Cast Aluminum Wheel (644) is available as an upgrade
    • New SYNC AppLink
    — A new feature within SYNC, AppLink provides control of certain smart phone applications using SYNC® voice commands. Connect to apps like Pandora® and more with your iPhone®, Blackberry® or Android™ platform mobile phones.

PACKAGES/OPTIONS CHANGED
    • Chrome Pkg. adds 18" Chrome wheels and availability of 20" Chrome wheel option
    • Power Sliding Heated Back Light standard on Lariat/King Ranch®; optional on XLT.
    • Gooseneck Hitch – 15J available for Short Box

PACKAGES/OPTIONS DELETED
    • 20" wheels/tires are no longer available on XLT
    • Chrome Package (17C) no longer available on XLT
    • In-Dash Computer by Magneti Marelli™
    • Tool Link™
    • Radio Prep Package
    • Royal Red (UK) exterior paint
    • XLT Appearance Package

spinella 10-13-2011 06:40 AM

i think the power heated backlight is the rear sliding window.

2000silverbullet 10-13-2011 07:42 AM

Hmm, maybe you're right, maybe it's something they integrated into the rear window. I have the rear slider on my '11 (w/ rear defroster) so it's gotta be something different for the '12's.

spinella 10-13-2011 07:56 AM

is yours power? power has been available for a while now.

2000silverbullet 10-13-2011 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by spinella (Post 10915871)
    is yours power?

Yep.

10 chars

biz4two 10-18-2011 10:44 PM

Originally Posted by 2000silverbullet (Post 10915539)
    Motor wise, it's the same as the '11's. I heard there were some changes to the transmission that alleviated alot of the shift issues. Anyways, changes from the 2012 order guide below. I'd like to have the one touch up/down on the windows and the Sync Applink, but I can do without. I wonder what a "power sliding heated backlight" looks like? I may have to check one out when I take my truck in. :-X22

MODEL/SERIES/AVAILABILITY CHANGES
    • None

PACKAGES/OPTIONS ADDED
    • CNG/LPG Prep Package (98F) for 6.2L Gas Engine
    • 2" sleeve reducer added to vehicles that receive the 2.5" hitch
    • 1-touch up/down driver/pass window included with Power Equipment Group (standard on XLT/Lariat/King Ranch®)
    • MyKey® is now standard on XL
    • 4-way adjustable driver passenger headrest (standard on XLT/Lariat/King Ranch®)
    • TPMS Delete (18L) fleet only optional on F-350 SRW over 10K GVWR)
    • Autumn Red (GT) added to exterior paint lineup (late availability)
    • New XLT Value Package has been added (17V)
    • XLT Premium Package (17P) now includes 18" Chrome Clad Wheel and 18" LT275/65R 18E A/S BSW tire.
    • Chrome Package (17P) and King Ranch® Chrome Package (17R) now includes 18" Chrome Clad Wheel and 18" LT275/65R 18E A/S BSW tire. 20" Chrome Clad Cast Aluminum Wheel (644) is available as an upgrade
    • New SYNC AppLink
    — A new feature within SYNC, AppLink provides control of certain smart phone applications using SYNC® voice commands. Connect to apps like Pandora® and more with your iPhone®, Blackberry® or Android™ platform mobile phones.

PACKAGES/OPTIONS CHANGED
    • Chrome Pkg. adds 18" Chrome wheels and availability of 20" Chrome wheel option
    • Power Sliding Heated Back Light standard on Lariat/King Ranch®; optional on XLT.
    • Gooseneck Hitch – 15J available for Short Box

PACKAGES/OPTIONS DELETED
    • 20" wheels/tires are no longer available on XLT
    • Chrome Package (17C) no longer available on XLT
    • In-Dash Computer by Magneti Marelli™
    • Tool Link™
    • Radio Prep Package
    • Royal Red (UK) exterior paint
    • XLT Appearance Package

Thanks silverbullet for posting this really valuable info! :-wink

Since no changes right now on the #1 BUILDs in regards to the 6.2L, then maybe with a BUILD #2???!!! Yeah...I am grasping at straws here, but IMHO...I would really like more Torque with the 6.2L! :'(

I mean...we all know it can be done...just look at 5 STAR Tuning!:-X04

Keeping fingers crossed...until I pull the trigger on my NEW 2012!!!

biz

2000silverbullet 10-19-2011 05:27 AM

Originally Posted by biz4two (Post 10936881)
    Thanks silverbullet for posting this really valuable info! :-wink

Since no changes right now on the #1 BUILDs in regards to the 6.2L, then maybe with a BUILD #2???!!! Yeah...I am grasping at straws here, but IMHO...I would really like more Torque with the 6.2L! :'(

I mean...we all know it can be done...just look at 5 STAR Tuning!:-X04

Keeping fingers crossed...until I pull the trigger on my NEW 2012!!!

biz

I can defintiely see them doing what they did with the V10, starting it out low on the hp/tq numbers, then bumping them up throughout its lifespan. I already told my buddy at work (who wants my truck), if they bump the hp to a 450+ number, my truck will be up for sale in a heartbeat (for a new one of course). Good luck with the new truck! :-drink

5 Star Tuning 10-19-2011 06:12 AM

I wish Ford would shed some weight on these trucks say 1000 lbs and add 4 valve head technology like the 5.oL motor = More power and less fuel :-X06

Onus 10-19-2011 09:43 AM

I think we will see a larger displacement engine based on the 6.2. It has room to grow and the chassis cab trucks could use a bigger engine to replace to v10.

biz4two 10-19-2011 10:34 AM

I tend to agree with the analogy with the V10. Hope they do that...and miss the 3V...and go straight for the 4V. Seems like a logical and smooth progression with the 6.2L. :-X22

If FORD is going to do something...it should be soon...to get ahead of the EPA regulations.

Personally...I think the SuperDuty (at least) will get some sort of Eco engine in the near future. Just based on the huge success in the F150 line. At the very least...the 6.2L could be just an engine to hold off the competition...until the Eco engine arrives. :-huh

biz