Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Nebraska Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum176/)
-   -   3 new members to the chapter!! (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1106728-3-new-members-to-the-chapter.html)

67nukeford 10-12-2011 07:56 AM

3 new members to the chapter!!

Hey everyone, help me welcome our 3 newest members to the chapter, rkan, tonopah825, and fordtruckguy07.

Welcome aboard guys!

:-X25

fordnut forever 10-12-2011 08:03 AM

Welcome to the Ne. Chapter!!!

newold46 10-12-2011 01:06 PM

Welcome and please keep your hands and arms inside at all times!

tonopah825 10-14-2011 12:27 PM

Thanks, been looking at enthusiasts forums for awhile now for lots of how to ideas. Bought a 1994 F250 to restore. Gonna put a pop-up bed camper on it, and it will haul my toy trailer for atv outings.

rkan 10-17-2011 09:39 AM

Thanks for the welcome!:-) We just got a 2011 EB SCREW 5.5 bed with 3.55 rear end I think.
We started out with a Honda Ridgeline, and for what it was it was a decent "truck". A good crossover truck really. Good ride and versatility, nice AWD system. Then we bought a hybrid camper and the Ridge was towing near its limit. It did it, but was not real comfortable doing it. So on my wifes whim, (I do blame her, but I let it happen;-) in February this year we bought a 2011 F250 SCREW with the 6.2L motor. She has wanted a TRUCK for a while now. She was born in Texas, waddya gonna do? :D
Well the Ridge was her daily driver and now this was. Unfortunately she travels a lot for her job. Suddenly the poor gas mileage of the F250 that I warned her about before we bought the big truck she just haaaaad to have, became an issue, and she started taking my car on most of the long trips. So in 8 months the truck had 6500 miles and my car had racked up thousands and thousands of extra miles. :(
So, that brings us to now. I had been reading about the Ecoboost for a while now. I could see that the F150 and the EB was the truck we really needed to tow our stuff AND allow her to take it on trips. So I ran all the numbers, including gas savings over F250 and better interest rates, and a fuzzy math depreciation formula for my car rocketing towards end of warranty, and laid it out to her.
A week later we were 1 F250 lighter and an Ecoboost heavier. :-X03
Yeah, the depreciation hit was a kick in the pants, but for the long run I think it was the right descision.

Really like this truck so far. Rides MUCH better, good power, does the job we need it for, and it even fits in the garage.

Now I just need to sell a Bakflip F1 tonneau cover (6.8' bed) from the F250.
How many posts before I can list stuff for sale? ;)

Hope to learn and eventually contribute mod knowledge about this truck.

Cheers.

67nukeford 10-17-2011 10:33 AM

Hey guys, thanks for stopping by! Like to see pics of your rides if you've got any, and, if you would, let us know what your first names are! I'm curious to see how you like that ecoboost motor!!

You need to have 25 post to turn on your PM feature, so interested parties can reach you on here!