Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Mississippi Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum215/)
-   -   October Chat Thread (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1103789-october-chat-thread.html)

Scndsin 10-01-2011 08:01 AM

October Chat Thread

Welcome to the Fall. A nice clear cool morning to start us off. Hope everyone has a a good weekend. I promise when I get past a few issues (Life) that are sucking up my strength & free time, I'll be a more involved chapter leader.

Till then thanks to those who keep up the post count.

sddesigns 10-01-2011 08:02 AM

Good Morning MS and Happy New Month!

gatormccluskey 10-01-2011 10:20 PM

Howdy Mississippi. Sometime I think I lose my mind for a sec. I told my wife I would go shopping with her. I didn't get much done today, I WAS GONE ALDAY.

Scndsin 10-02-2011 09:08 AM

Terri usually doesn't like for me going shopping with her. (groceries, nursery or home ware) Sez we spend twice as much.

We wound up yesterday taking one of our animals up to Starkvegas to the School of Veterinary Medicine @ MSU. They saved 4 critically injured animals before getting around to us, but I don't care. These are some of the best people in the world when it comes to the care of animals. Ours may not make it, but we'll know we & they did our best. And they truly care about those who can't speak.

I only wish humans were cared about as much in medicne these days.

gatormccluskey 10-02-2011 07:58 PM

Sorry to hear about the baby. I have one that is like a kid. Today I did the waste gate mod on my 99. I could tell the differance. I also changed the seat in the 96, it is coming along fine. My son n law left for Afghanstan. My baby girl wanted her daddy. Somethings never change and I am proud they don't. Keep him yalls prayers, he will be gone for a year.

Scndsin 10-03-2011 06:20 PM

Hey Steve, prayers will be sent. When you talk or e-mail, tell him to keep his eyes & ears open & head down regardless of where he is as well that we thank him.

By the way, do you do gassers? There's a guy down your way in Biloxi with a 93 150 ( I think) that could use some help with a dying-no start-icm & maybe fuel relays issue. See the 87-96 forum if you can offer some info or moral support. I'll try and find it if you can help & can't find it.

gatormccluskey 10-04-2011 06:55 PM

Howdy Mississippi. Thanks David. I couldn't find the guy in Biloxi trend. I will try and help if I can. Let me know.

Scndsin 10-05-2011 07:50 AM

Took a while, but I found it.

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...l-problem.html

Will try & get a PM off to him about joining soon.

gatormccluskey 10-05-2011 07:09 PM

Waiting for him to IM me

Scndsin 10-06-2011 07:29 AM

Learning new chapter leader skills...

Would like to welcome 3 new Ms chapter members:

CKetchum
93Sunplex
Coopagook

Hope they visit soon & if you run across them out on the boards, say hello or visit their home pages and do the same.

gatormccluskey 10-07-2011 06:20 PM

Welcome to the new members. We are glad to have yall.

Scndsin 10-08-2011 09:03 AM

I'll be happy when this damn week is over. I buried a friend yesterday. (literally, me, my wife, my sister & her two kids all stepped up to pay without a single thank you from his family) On the way back from the cemetery we get a call from the vet school @ msu to tell us our "Max" cat had died of heart failure in post-op recovery. I appreciate their care of him, but there was a "cluster puck" over the last week & this was the result. My wife is alternately squalling then ready to cuss worse than an Ole Miss fan after an Egg Bowl loss at the mention of "State".

At any rate, I'm really tired of death come visitin'. At least it ain't cold & wet to drag me down further.

Hope some of yall can get out in the cool & sunshine and take a minuet to appreciate life with all the treasure it brings. I'm doing my best to be reminded of what is precious while above ground.

IB Tim 10-08-2011 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by Scndsin (Post 10898679)
I'll be happy when this damn week is over. I buried a friend yesterday. (literally, me, my wife, my sister & her two kids all stepped up to pay without a single thank you from his family) On the way back from the cemetery we get a call from the vet school @ msu to tell us our "Max" cat had died of heart failure in post-op recovery. I appreciate their care of him, but there was a "cluster puck" over the last week & this was the result. My wife is alternately squalling then ready to cuss worse than an Ole Miss fan after an Egg Bowl loss at the mention of "State".

At any rate, I'm really tired of death come visitin'. At least it ain't cold & wet to drag me down further.

Hope some of yall can get out in the cool & sunshine and take a minuet to appreciate life with all the treasure it brings. I'm doing my best to be reminded of what is precious while above ground.

Nothing brings us back to how precious life if than dealing with death of those we love. Thank you for being there for your friend and for truly taking care of our furry friends. By passing it on, you have reminded us of our own wonderful relations and blessings...

gatormccluskey 10-08-2011 06:07 PM

Sorry to hear about your week brother. I hope yall all the best.

f1504x4driver 10-09-2011 01:01 PM

Really sorry to hear about your week David. It does get better although it is never easy for some reason. I hope the rest of your year never approaches another week like this. It is really nice though to know there are still some good people out there like you and your family who take care of others, even when it is not appreciated.:-drink