Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Wyoming Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum214/)
-   -   Finding Parts - Sheridan (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1103159-finding-parts-sheridan.html)

Stephen67 09-28-2011 09:08 PM

Finding Parts - Sheridan

Little bit of a rant, little bit looking for people in Sheridan.

There is a lot I love about Sheridan, finding parts is not one of them. Usually I have to resort to using craigslist which means the only parts I ever find are in Cheyenne. If I use Montana I find parts that almost in Canada or Idaho. If I use Billings, well I find nothing, lol. Makes it difficult when you need parts for you truck but your truck is the only thing you can go and get said parts with.

I walk this town a lot and find loads of trucks for parts, just can't find any owners or people looking to sell. Those who do want more than what it would cost new half the time. So I have to be out of the loop, it's all I can figure, lol.

So do we have any one up around Sheridan that is in the loop? I know they're out there I just can't seem to find the people I'm looking for, probably because no one with the parts I need posts on the internet, lol. It would be very helpful to know people who buy and sell. Half the time I look they want me to buy the whole truck and I have no where to put anything that doesn't drive (I live on a busy street corner. Ironically I have a huge parking lot behind my house but I can't use it and have been warned several times) Which I could do but where the crap do I put the rest, be nice to be able to trade it for a little something rather than some how figure out how to take a truck with no powertrain or axles to the dump and waste it (which I just won't do, I know someone out there could use the parts, I don't mind giving them away either, just can't store it on the street)

So am I alone up here, lol?

Btw, anyone around here know of a good deal on a 5.9 Cummins and some 1 ton 4x4 axles (or something with at least a Dana 60 upfront) I'd sure love to know. Drunk driver hit my car so hard it launched back 6 feet and hit my truck, busting loose every seal it has from the rear axle to the rear main seal to the coolant up front.

Midwest Dually 09-29-2011 11:13 PM

Ouch! Well, I am up here in Bill.. And I usually come across some good leads.. I will keep my eye open on the cummins stuff, along with the axle. Though a D60 is a PIA to find!

What else are you needing?

Stephen67 09-30-2011 01:01 PM

That's mainly it. I've come across some axles, but often they want the whole truck gone. Where I live I can't put it anywhere once the axles are off, and I have a thing against destroying parts lol. It's annyoying ironic though that I have to work things out to get parts from an hour away because my truck that could get the parts, needs the parts, lol.

I might have to just put in a gas engine for right now and do the Cummins later. I think something with EFI would be worth the effort, but finding a deal I can afford and get to work out is a bit tricky at the moment, lol.

Midwest Dually 09-30-2011 09:09 PM

There is a salvage yard down here that is vast and has quite a bit of what you are looking for! I have luck with them often, and if I recall correctly, I think I can get a 7.5 for around 250, complete. They are pretty reasonable and flexible.. Let me know that is of interest!

Stephen67 09-30-2011 09:13 PM

Actually yeah, that could prove handy. I use to go to salvage yards all the time, but the only one around me doesn't let you inside... so how am I supposed to find something that might work if I only sorta know what I want, lol.

Where in Wyoming are you? Distance is sort of a problem for me at the moment...