Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Washington Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum188/)
-   -   September BS Place (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1096566-september-bs-place.html)

Snowbunny 09-03-2011 01:26 PM

September BS Place

Well,,, my vacation was AWESOME!!!

Even though it was just a little on the warm side down there,,,

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f1...s/IMG_2857.jpg

Snowbunny 09-03-2011 02:03 PM

Met up with my niece at a little place called The Salty Senorita ~ It surrounds the outfield where The Mariners go for Spring Training.

Food was good, mango margaritas were awesome,,, and there was a Beer Pong Tournament going!!!

Now, that's MY kind of place!!!

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f1...s/IMG_2852.jpg

79bad4d 09-03-2011 09:48 PM

Way too hot for my taste haha, do love some beer pong though!

Behemoth 09-08-2011 06:01 AM

I'm ready to go home, myself. I've been in DC since mid-June and I'm missing my bed, house, stuff, truck, etc. terribly. Luckily, I get to head home next week, so it's almost over. I've been paying attention to the weather, though, and while here in DC it's been in the low 80's and raining, back in Spokane it's like mid 90's and dry as a bone. I'd take that over the humidity here any day. Can't stand always feeling sticky....bleah.

I haven't driven a vehicle of any kind in three months, and it's beginning to make me crazy. Can taking vehicles away from a motorhead be considered cruel and unusual punishment?

So, between the heat, humidity, hurricanes, earthquakes, and no car?......yup, somebody needs to tap my fun meter, as I think it's broken.

IB Tim 09-10-2011 09:42 AM

Hey, everyone have a great day. It's 9-10-11...

caseys 09-11-2011 08:33 AM

Wow Snowbunny ... 122 degrees, geez, way to hot for a northern Swedish boy.

Gonna be hot one today, heading out for the Mariner's game soon to participate in the 911 ceremony and watch the game.

79F150Seattle 09-12-2011 09:33 PM

Hi all, I have a 79 F150 2WD, 302 and I know I will need a new exhaust soon. I was thinking about running some pipes off the manifold making it a dual exhaust. From there I am not sure if I want cats and pipes only or skip the cats and just put glass-packs on her. My question is, do muffler shops around put on systems without cats? I know the age of my truck no longer qualifies for the emissions checks. Any input/comments/advice is welcomed.

IB Tim 09-17-2011 07:46 AM

Good morning everyone...what's up in your neck of the woods?

Behemoth 09-17-2011 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by 79F150Seattle (Post 10803365)
Hi all, I have a 79 F150 2WD, 302 and I know I will need a new exhaust soon. I was thinking about running some pipes off the manifold making it a dual exhaust. From there I am not sure if I want cats and pipes only or skip the cats and just put glass-packs on her. My question is, do muffler shops around put on systems without cats? I know the age of my truck no longer qualifies for the emissions checks. Any input/comments/advice is welcomed.

Since your rig is exempt in Washington anyway, many shops will put whatever system you want to throw together onto your truck. If you're still worried about it, you could always throw a pair of high flow cats onto the system, which wouldn't reduce performance, but would satisfy that worry. The thing is, though, if your engine didn't originally come with dual exhaust in the first place, you'd be altering it off of stock, which would fail a visual inspection if it had to be inspected anyway. So, since you're considering upgrading to a dual exhaust, I wouldn't worry about the cats too much. My 79 doesn't have cats either, but then, I haven't actually driven Buford yet as it's not finished.

My only advice is to go to a shop, tell them what you want, and if they don't give you any garbage about cats, then don't sweat it. What I would NOT do, is start talking about whether or not it could be an issue, as some shops will err on the side of liability, and refuse to do the job. So, just tell them what you want, and get it done. Your truck is emissions exempt, so I can't see how it would be a problem.

As for your choice of glaspacks, that's player's choice, but there are better quality mufflers out there that will give you a good sound, and not attract unwanted attention by the locals. At least you didn't say you wanted straight pipes and turndowns so you'd just scare children as you drove by.

Behemoth 09-17-2011 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by IB Tim (Post 10819393)
Good morning everyone...what's up in your neck of the woods?

Well, apparently I'm up.....I still feel worn out from this summer, but I can't sleep anymore today. I need to start pulling weeds and cleaning up around here as I haven't been in my house for three months (was on a work trip). There's a whopper weed in my front yard that now looks like a shrub. I don't know whether to pull it, or trim it, as it's really healthy :-roll.

This weekend is just going to be spent getting the place in order, and trying to wind down from a very long summer. My beater truck Maynard needs a bath, so I might do that too before I go for groceries.....I have no food in the house!

onug 09-17-2011 11:34 PM

Rain?! Really? Well, at least the rain beads up off the waxed hood nicely.

caseys 09-18-2011 09:38 PM

Why is the Washington Chapter listed after Wyoming... just sayin'.

onug 09-22-2011 10:43 AM

No posts in four days? Is everyone hibernating already?

IB Tim 09-26-2011 07:23 AM

It's Monday already...have a great one.

Snowbunny 09-26-2011 08:59 AM

Good Morning, Everybody!!

Almost got everything I need to change out glow plugs and GP Relay!!!

Wish me well!! :-X04