Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Bio-diesel, Propane & Alternative Diesel Engine Fuels (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum168/)
-   -   I'm Back (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1093779-im-back.html)

Phydeaux88 08-23-2011 11:11 AM

I'm Back

I have returned to FTE and the biodiesel forum after a prolonged absence.

Fabman glad to see your still here. :-wink

Been battling the big C and from all reports I may have won, we shall see.

I have to report that a few months ago I sold my beloved 1996 F250 Powerstroke, somthing I once swore I would never do. I replaced her with a 2006 F350 Powerstroke. I still have mixed feelings about the change.

I need to find out how well the 6.0s tolerate BD have not tried it yet anyone here with experience along those lines?

fabmandelux 08-23-2011 11:17 AM

Great to see your "face" back here again! You've been missed my friend.......I'm still here, this is my home........And they even made me a Moderator.........lol

There are several guys running bio in their 6.0's on here so you might want to do a search....

Rushmore X 08-25-2011 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by Phydeaux88 (Post 10728529)
Been battling the big C and from all reports I may have won...

Great news, nice to have you back! :-bigparty

Fett Affen 08-28-2011 11:04 PM

Bio in 6.0

I live in So.Cal and have been making bio for 2-1/2 years and have 62K running 100%. It doesn't have quite the power as evidenced on a dyno but I have found that when I have to haul a load then I just mix 25% dino in the tank and the power is back. Mileage is about 1mpg better. Had to have the turbo cleaned and my mechanic and the dealer told me that usually happens between 100K and 125K, mine was at 155K. Other than that, no problems.

Tom D 09-05-2011 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by Phydeaux88 (Post 10728529)
I have returned to FTE and the biodiesel forum after a prolonged absence.

Fabman glad to see your still here. :-wink

Been battling the big C and from all reports I may have won, we shall see.

I have to report that a few months ago I sold my beloved 1996 F250 Powerstroke, somthing I once swore I would never do. I replaced her with a 2006 F350 Powerstroke. I still have mixed feelings about the change.

I need to find out how well the 6.0s tolerate BD have not tried it yet anyone here with experience along those lines?

Glad to hear you won the battle. Just keep a close eye on the nasty ******* so he doesn't try to return when you aren't paying attention. The last I heard from you was when you were helping me with the "Fabman deluxe" mixer and de-meth chamber. I have processed approx 1700 gallons since then so it has been a while. Nice to see that Don is still lurking in the shadows also.
Good luck with your health.
Tom

Fullcrew7.3 09-06-2011 08:19 AM

Congrats on beating the beast. And welcome back.