Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   2009 - 2014 F150 (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum193/)
-   -   Ford F150 V6 Sales Continue to Rise Thanks to the EcoBoost (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1092173-ford-f150-v6-sales-continue-to-rise-thanks-to-the-ecoboost.html)

Ford-Trucks Editors 08-17-2011 12:52 PM

Ford F150 V6 Sales Continue to Rise Thanks to the EcoBoost

Check out today's homepage article about the EcoBoost continuing to power sales. What do you think? Is the EcoBoost the biggest reason Ford is staying ahead of its competition?

shortride 08-17-2011 03:00 PM

I'm not surprised with that report at all. In my area the local Ford dealer sells mostly F150's. My salesman told me a couple days ago that they couldn't keep Ecoboots in stock. I test drove an '11 Ecoboost Lariat. Even though it took a while for the turbo's to kick in, I am very impressed that a stock truck can sit you back in the seat when you punch it.

I kind of wish I had waited one more year and got an Ecoboost myself.

Skoiv 08-17-2011 04:20 PM

That doesn't surprise me at all. The word is spreading quickly and I am helping the cause!

tseekins 08-17-2011 06:06 PM

I'm helping the cause too. I also believe that the F-150 would outsell the comp anyway. The EB is the icing on the cake.

ford390gashog 08-17-2011 06:47 PM

It shows that fords marketing campaign is really paying off for the EB you now have people who know nothing of vehicles asking for it by name!

Coupe68GT390 08-17-2011 08:42 PM

I am spreading the word as well! I work at a Dodge dealer and harrassed by our sales staff for not buying a Ram, but they don't even compare! I have persuaded at least two of my customers into test driving EB's and I know one ordered one and the other is waiting to find a used one! They pretty much sell themselves!!

EdCaffreyMS 08-17-2011 09:01 PM

I guess I have to be the odd man out in this one. I've had nothing but issues with my truck (2011 F150/Scab/EB/4x4) since taking delivery. The best mpg I can eek out of this thing is 15mpg at 65 mph on the highway, and 14 in the city driving it as easy as possible.
It's been in the shop a 1/2 dozen times for the MPG and electronics issues, none of which can be found or fixed. In fact, tomorrow I have a meeting scheduled with the General Manager of the dealership to see what my options are.....not sure what those will be, but I'm hoping for either a "buy back" or they get me a new truck...because this one certainly isn't "right". If this thing can't be fixed, or I can't get a another truck, it will go up for sale/trade. My experience with the EB has been nothing but a PITA.

I can't help but wonder if mine was just part of a "bad run" of EB equipped trucks. It was produced on 19 Feb, released from the factory on 20 feb, then recalled to the factory on 21 feb, and re-released on 23 Feb......then it set in the lot at Dearborn for nearly two months before it was shipped. Makes me wonder.

tseekins 08-18-2011 05:46 AM

In every barrel of apples, you're bound to find one rotten one. Not making light of anyone's woes as I would be upset as well. I hope this works out Ed.

EdCaffreyMS 08-18-2011 08:44 AM

Believe me, I really wish mine wasn't the "bad apple".....if indeed that is the case. I was so excited when we ordered this truck, as it was the first "new" vehicle we had every purchased. At that time my mindset was that I would be keeping this truck "forever". In the four months I've owned it, every time I get into it, I find myself wondering...."What's going to go haywire today?"
When this truck arrived I was all set to be the flag waving poster boy for the Ecoboost F150...but it's just not worked out that way.
The truck is comfortable, nice to drive, and overall I really like it, but I just cannot accept/tolerate all the problems this truck is having. What makes it worse is that nobody can find or fix the issues....not the dealership, and not FoMoCo. It's been in for the same issues 1/2 dozen times, and out of my hands for a total of 14 days over 4 months of ownership, trying to get things fixed.....all to no avail.
My meeting with the dealership GM is in less than two hours, so we'll see what options he gives me. Hopefully we can come to an arrangement, and I can become that "flag waving poster boy".

shortride 08-18-2011 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by EdCaffreyMS (Post 10709616)
Believe me, I really wish mine wasn't the "bad apple".....if indeed that is the case. I was so excited when we ordered this truck, as it was the first "new" vehicle we had every purchased. At that time my mindset was that I would be keeping this truck "forever". In the four months I've owned it, every time I get into it, I find myself wondering...."What's going to go haywire today?"
When this truck arrived I was all set to be the flag waving poster boy for the Ecoboost F150...but it's just not worked out that way.
The truck is comfortable, nice to drive, and overall I really like it, but I just cannot accept/tolerate all the problems this truck is having. What makes it worse is that nobody can find or fix the issues....not the dealership, and not FoMoCo. It's been in for the same issues 1/2 dozen times, and out of my hands for a total of 14 days over 4 months of ownership, trying to get things fixed.....all to no avail.
My meeting with the dealership GM is in less than two hours, so we'll see what options he gives me. Hopefully we can come to an arrangement, and I can become that "flag waving poster boy".

I've got a 2009 Harley-Davidson Ultra Classic. One of Harley's Flag Ship motorcycles that has been nothing but trouble since buying it. So much for buying American!

Fortunately I've had great luck with my '10 XLT Screw. http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i1...sc/15_10_2.gif

fordtruckman 08-18-2011 03:40 PM

If I was in the market for a truck I'd be looking at an Ecoboost. I have been wanting to test drive one and came close while at the dealership the other day but I feel it would be best if I stay away.

EdCaffreyMS 08-18-2011 04:18 PM

Well, I had my meeting with the GM of the dealership. Even though my truck has been in there a total of 6 times over the past four months for all it's issues, it seems the service dept did not do their job/documentation correctly.....they opened a RO (repair order) on the truck the first time I took it in, and have never closed that RO... they did not even document the specifics of the issues for each visit!
What that means is that officially, as far as FoMoCo is concerned, the truck has only been in once for service/issues.
Because my Mrs. works there, and because they want to make sure that I am "happy" with my purchase, they are going to give me a rental, and take my truck in. The GM told me that they were going to put it all back to stock (take off my topper, mud flaps, and put factory tires back on it....then see if they can duplicate the problems and drive it to see what kind of MPH they can get.
I think about the only thing I have in my favor is the Used Car manager purchased the same truck I have, and he is getting 19-20mph on the highway, and 15 when towing his horse trailer.....so now I'm just waiting for the call/appointment for when they want me to take the truck in and pick up my rental.
It seems that the only way the dealership could get me another truck is if they can nail down "hard evidence" of the issues and invoke our state's lemon law.
The thing that scares me is how erratic the electronics problems are.....I'm concerned that if they cannot duplicate them, then I'm gona be stuck taking this thing into the shop until they can track it down....or forever.

NASSTY 08-18-2011 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by EdCaffreyMS (Post 10708084)
I can't help but wonder if mine was just part of a "bad run" of EB equipped trucks. It was produced on 19 Feb, released from the factory on 20 feb, then recalled to the factory on 21 feb, and re-released on 23 Feb......then it set in the lot at Dearborn for nearly two months before it was shipped. Makes me wonder.

It sounds like it may have been a "bad run" truck to me. I hate it for you. I've owned each of the last 5 gen. F150's and have never even had a warranty issue. I've had a few minor factory recalls but that's it. My '11 was ordered on 3/17 and built on 3/31 and I haven't had any issues at all. No transmission shudder, no leaking front pump and my fuel mileage is slighly better than yours with a leveling kit and 34" tires. I wish my mileage was a little better but I knew what I was getting into when I went with bigger tires. On the bright side I get better mpg's than I did with my 06 5.4 with 33's.

tseekins 08-18-2011 08:27 PM

Unfortunately we're in a time when gas mileage is important. I hate it when people say, "it's a truck" and "what do you expect, it's a truck". Ford has proven that we can have both, a truck and decent MPG's.

The Eco has proven that not every truck has to have 3.73's to be a well functioning puller.

My '86 F-150 4x4 300 I-6 had 3.08's with no LSD for pete's sakes and it performed well, just not quick. My '11 with 3.31's will run circles around any truck that I've ever owned and out pull them too with far superior MPG's.

To me, that's a score!

tseekins 08-18-2011 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by EdCaffreyMS (Post 10708084)
I guess I have to be the odd man out in this one. I've had nothing but issues with my truck (2011 F150/Scab/EB/4x4) since taking delivery. The best mpg I can eek out of this thing is 15mpg at 65 mph on the highway, and 14 in the city driving it as easy as possible.
It's been in the shop a 1/2 dozen times for the MPG and electronics issues, none of which can be found or fixed. In fact, tomorrow I have a meeting scheduled with the General Manager of the dealership to see what my options are.....not sure what those will be, but I'm hoping for either a "buy back" or they get me a new truck...because this one certainly isn't "right". If this thing can't be fixed, or I can't get a another truck, it will go up for sale/trade. My experience with the EB has been nothing but a PITA.

Ed, just for GP's, what do you suppose that your front guard and all of your Line-X weighs? You mentioned that the dealer will remove your top and mount stock tires back on it for the MPG checks. Just asking, every bit of weight and wind resistance has some kind of an effect.