Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Australia Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum249/)
-   -   SUSPENSION INFO PLEASE (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1085249-suspension-info-please.html)

MRPERSONALITY 07-22-2011 01:00 AM

SUSPENSION INFO PLEASE

i am reposting this in the aussie chapter perhaps you guys could help

Hi there fellow truckers

please please could someone help me, i live in south africa and down an 2wd 2005 fender stamped F250, yip the brazilian made one. im in the process of a complete ground up restore and want to lift it 6 inches or more if i can. is there anyone here with really good knowledge on suspensions and what type i have, i would like to put Pro comp in with MX6 shocks but need to know what kit to buy 1999-2004 or 2005-2009, PLEASE PLEASE HELP, thanks again. i am in south africa and this is the manufacturing plate info:

<!-- / message -->
<!-- controls -->HERE IS SOME INFO:
MODEL: DYLPM0201
CHASSIS: DC617301
GA/BA FRT A FRT : 1860 KG
GA/BA RR A RR: 2760 KG
GCM/8KM D/T 6492KG
GVM/BVM:3992 KG JUST UNDER THIS IS STAMPED PXI

WHAT DO YOU MAKE OF THIS :-huh http://images-2.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/...c/progress.gif

ChunderDownUnder 07-29-2011 03:58 AM

G'day m8.
If you are going 6" your are going to need complete spring packs. You may also consider traction bars to stop axle wrap.
Have a search through this forum (top right of forum screen)
1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums
I did a quick "suspension lift"search .There are heaps of threads covering this.
Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums - Search Results
It all depends on how much you want to spend. Have a read if you find what you like the best bet is to ring the supplier. You will find the guys in the States very helpful.
You can also speak to Clay at Riffraff Diesel. He is a sponsor hear and very well respected
Riffraff Diesel Performance Parts: Powerstroke Parts | Ford Diesel Parts | Ford - 99-03 Super Duty 7.3L
He has some suspension lifts that Im interested in as well. Im keen on the lift blocks with the traction bar as one unit. Then all I have to do is get a spring pack for the front
Riffraff Diesel: One Up Offroad Traction Block & Traction Bar
Do some searching then heaps of reading and ask plenty of questions.
If you have heaps of money like Nkelly you could go full airbag. Have a read of this
https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...e-r4-tech.html

MRPERSONALITY 07-29-2011 05:54 AM

Thanks for the help, i own a 4X2 with no blade springs in the front as the 4x4, how would you rate PRO COMP

ChunderDownUnder 07-29-2011 06:16 AM

They sell good gear. Alot on here have them so that says something. What engine do you have. The 5.4 gasser ??

MRPERSONALITY 07-29-2011 06:21 AM

No i have the brazilian made mwm 4.2l straight 6 diesel burner. gonna start to rebuild the hole dam F250 from the ground up

ChunderDownUnder 07-29-2011 06:28 AM

AH, you guys the 4.2 as well. We got em here but they a very rare. So do you have the 2 leaf parabolic springs up front.

MRPERSONALITY 07-29-2011 06:32 AM

YIP, Coils up front and i think what they call a " i " suspension
pro comps code is k4021bmx with mx-6 shocks

ChunderDownUnder 07-29-2011 06:42 AM

oh my bad I forgot ,2wd

MRPERSONALITY 07-29-2011 06:48 AM

Any guys on your side that have upgraded or do any performance mods to these motors?, if you looked at the suspension is it the correct on as i am off to the states in 2 weeks and want to buy one to bring home

Nkelly 07-29-2011 06:15 PM

If you have heaps of money like Nkelly you could go full airbag. Have a read of this... :-blah ROFLMAO i spend $ 5000.00 on suspension and i have heaps of money.... I FARKEN WISH I HAD HEAPS OF MONEY SUNSHINE THEN YOU WOULD SEE A BEAST :'(..

I had some money..

Now back on topic

What is the DATE OF BUILD thats pretty important when ordering stuff from the states..
And what you put on your vehicle depends on your wallet,as *Cpt thinks he knows* said i put airbag suspension on mine,which is a far better ride than the Procomp leaf spring suspension i had..
I've installed the Pro comp MX6 shocks adjustable's,make sure you order the correct one's in regards too your lift and also take note of the size of the shock mounts,whether they 1/2" or 5/8" or both like mine 5/8 on top and 1/2 on the bottom..

Try and get a SOFT spring set,you can always get airbag assit kits which will be way better than a heavy duty spring set that you cant soffen when you are empty.

ChunderDownUnder 07-29-2011 06:18 PM

Thought ya would like that:-missingt

MRPERSONALITY 07-30-2011 12:06 AM

Thanks for the info guys, ok where do I get my manufactured date. I looked on procomps site and they say K4021BMX kit they use

ChunderDownUnder 07-30-2011 01:33 AM

Originally Posted by MRPERSONALITY (Post 10638029)
Thanks for the info guys, ok where do I get my manufactured date. I looked on procomps site and they say K4021BMX kit they use

Well for us its on the compliance plate which is mounted on the passenger side in the engine bay behind the air box

Nkelly 07-30-2011 01:33 AM

The manufacture plate should be on the firewall,also your rego sticker should have the the year it was built,IF thats what they do over in SA...

Hmmmm should of read cunny funts reply first,wot he said MR P

Nkelly 07-30-2011 01:34 AM

Originally Posted by ChunderDownUnder (Post 10637028)
Thought ya would like that:-missingt

HAHAHAHHA cunny funt :D