Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Nova Scotia (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum121/)
-   -   Thinking of visiting (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1078280-thinking-of-visiting.html)

7283-F250 06-26-2011 10:58 AM

Thinking of visiting

I am contemplating visiting your Island in August.
Went to the "official NS" website and saw a few things I am interested in doing.

Any insite on things to do and places to stay? The girl like bed and breakfasts.
No military tours or sites either. Its' for her birthday...

Thank you

Fomoko1 06-30-2011 03:05 PM

While it`s out of your way drop by Saskatchewan, you`ll love it. The weather is great here this time of the year.

7283-F250 07-01-2011 09:10 PM

So are there "ANY" FTE members in NS or PEI????????

Morris, no offense but you are a bit for for a long weekend. Contemplating either NS or Niagara Falls.

Fomoko1 07-01-2011 11:17 PM

Originally Posted by 7283-F250 (Post 10526787)
So are there "ANY" FTE members in NS or PEI????????

Morris, no offense but you are a bit for for a long weekend. Contemplating either NS or Niagara Falls.

I know that I`m abit too far from anywhere.....:-X04

agray56 07-21-2011 06:50 AM

Originally Posted by 7283-F250 (Post 10504574)
I am contemplating visiting your Island in August.
Went to the "official NS" website and saw a few things I am interested in doing.

Any insite on things to do and places to stay? The girl like bed and breakfasts.
No military tours or sites either. Its' for her birthday...

Thank you

No Island here, that's PEI:), which would also be a good place to visit while you are here. There are lots of places to visit, lots of good drives along the coast. Try the Cabot Trail, Peggy's Cove, Annapolis Valley, Digby, etc. I'm sure you can find many B&B's along the way via the internet or the official NS visitors guide or tourist centers.

Great weather here this time of year, not too hot. If you like beaches, try the Northumberland coast as our Atlantic Coast waters tend to be a lot colder.

Have fun!

7283-F250 07-21-2011 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by agray56 (Post 10603161)
No Island here, that's PEI:), which would also be a good place to visit while you are here. There are lots of places to visit, lots of good drives along the coast. Try the Cabot Trail, Peggy's Cove, Annapolis Valley, Digby, etc. I'm sure you can find many B&B's along the way via the internet or the official NS visitors guide or tourist centers.

Great weather here this time of year, not too hot. If you like beaches, try the Northumberland coast as our Atlantic Coast waters tend to be a lot colder.

Have fun!

what else can you tell me???

And welcome to FTE... :-wink

Norman Pyne 07-15-2012 01:53 PM

Plenty to see if you visit Digby and Digby Neck & Islands. Long and Briar Islands have some of the best whale and seabird cruises in Nova Scotia.There's also lots of B&B's in Digby and Islands area along with resturants,good food and friendly people.Well worth the trip!:)

7283-F250 07-16-2012 03:40 PM

Thank you for the info.

I ended up going the PEI last August. 4 days at a B&B there. I even was able to get some red mud on the ranger and scare the girlfriend doing 40-50+ mph down dirt roads.

This August we are headed to Colorado.

loudfords 07-16-2012 07:53 PM

I just returned from a NB/PEI/NS vacation. :)