Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Pennsylvania Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum182/)
-   -   Jasper transmission (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1073466-jasper-transmission.html)

BEAST428 06-08-2011 11:15 AM

Jasper transmission

I purchased and installed a Jasper reman transmission in May 2003 at 60 thousand miles in my C350 diesel. Yesterday it died at 79000 miles. Jaspers warranty is 3yr 75000 miles at that time. They refused to do anything. What are your thoughts? Below is the comment I posted on Jaspers facebook page.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am a automotive professional with over 30 years experience. I currently work for an automobile dealership and have my own shop part time. I have used Jasper products in cars and trucks including my own. I have made it a point to recommend Jasper products to customers because of the reliability that me and my customers have experienced, until now. I own a 1995 Ford Centurion conversion C350 diesel that is used only for shows, travel and towing my camper. In may 2003 at 60 thousand miles I replaced the transmission with a Jasper unit in my shop. Using all Jasper accessories, transmission cooler and braided lines. I have changed the fluid and filter twice since installation. This past week I noticed a delayed 1-2 upshift while towing. I checked the fluid and found it burnt. The vehicle currently has 79 thousand miles on it. I know that the warranty was 3 year and 75 thousand miles but I think that it should have lasted more than 19 thousand miles. I will be on the phone to Jasper tomorrow.

I just got off the phone with Jasper customer rep Rob. Gave him all info and he said that because of time elapsed that Jasper will not help me out. I asked him if the vehicle was driven an average of 12000 miles per year and that if the transmission woul have failed at 19000 miles would Jasper have backed it? Absolutely yes, he said. My vehicle sits in a garage most of the time, never sees winters and is never used off road. I have no idea what time has to do with it. Jasper will probably delete this but I will make sure that I make known how this problem was handled.

2000silverbullet 06-09-2011 10:30 AM

I hate to say it, it would be nice if they helped you out but based on the terms of the warranty, they aren't obligated to.

I understand your frustration though.... There's a user here (Mark Kovalsky I think his name is) that was a Ford transmission engineer for quite some time. You might try pm'ing him and see what his thoughts are. He's usually got some great insight/feedback on the Ford transmissions.

BEAST428 06-12-2011 06:25 PM

I did contact the local Jasper rep and the last thing he said to me was "I will let you know monday what can be done" All I can do is try. The bad part of this is that the transmission is currently out of my Excursion getting rebuilt. Should be done tomorrow.

2000silverbullet 06-12-2011 07:57 PM

I hope they take care of you, it's nice to catch a break once in a while.

BEAST428 06-14-2011 11:20 AM

Jasper offered me 10 per cent off of dealer price for a reman unit with a new warranty. I guess thats it. Still, my wallet just won't handle that kind of $$ right now. I guess it sits. I can wax it up and look at it.

cbradford 07-30-2011 01:13 PM

Sorry to hear about your hassle Pat !!!!!!!!!

Guess it don't pay to let them sit! }>