Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   6.7L Power Stroke Diesel (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum205/)
-   -   Super cab vs Crew cab ?? (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1066473-super-cab-vs-crew-cab.html)

Snoman93 05-12-2011 03:34 PM

Super cab vs Crew cab ??

Hi guys, I have been in the market for a F350 for a while now (in no rush, would love to see what 2012 is gonna offer) I was dead set on the Super cab with the 8' bed. I without a doubt need the 8' bed, I do a bunch of work with the truck and as soon as i put a tool box back there it justsucks up so much of the bed, especially if it was a 6 3/4' bed. Now my wife has me wondering if the crew cab would be a better choice. I will be going from a regular cab to which ever I buy so... Prsonally I like the way the super cab looks with the long bed and is not quite as much of a boat as the 4 door, so I am wondering if with everyones experiances if the super cab will sufice. I dont have kids YET but that day is coming closer and I do have a Great dane that I think my wife is more attached to then me which comes with us in the car often..... I think it will be ok, just looking for a few opinions.... Thanks alot!

farmerdave 05-12-2011 04:02 PM

Double post.

farmerdave 05-12-2011 04:02 PM

Careful, once you have a crew cab you will never, ever want to go back to a super cab.

2000silverbullet 05-12-2011 04:09 PM

I've had both configurations and have 4 kids (14,11,3,1) so I can say with confidence that I'm speaking from experience. My 2000 super cab was fine until the kids got older, then there wasn't much room back there for car seats and legs. You can't sit comfortably in the driver or passenger seat with a rear facing seat in a super cab. I'm 6-3 so my seat usually set all the way back, which means whomever is behind me is screwed for leg room. I don't have that problem in my new truck and have had 2 car seats (1 forward, 1 backward facing) in there now. They're both facing forward so we're going through "stop kicking the seats" stage... lol. If your dog is riding with you in the cab, you're gonna want a crew cab, especially having a great dane.

As far as turning radius, my 2000 had leaf springs whereas my 2011 has coil, they seem to turn the same to me. Either truck though, I'm jumping curbs....

farmerdave 05-12-2011 04:16 PM

I fully agree w/ silverbullet. What kind of city do you live in? Lots of narrow/windy streets or one like mine: one mile squares with 90degree turns and wide roads?

dixoncity 05-12-2011 04:37 PM

If only the Crew Cab Doors opened like the Super Cab door? I'm just sayin!

Onus 05-12-2011 04:45 PM

I'd say go in-between. Figure how much you really will use the extra space. If you have a family car you'll probably use that more than the truck to haul people around, i know i would and i dislike driving cars. The crew cab and 8ft bed is going to be one long truck! I know personally i would never get anything more than a regular cab truck. If i need the extra space i need to be using a different vehicle.

2000silverbullet 05-12-2011 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by dixoncity (Post 10333761)
If only the Crew Cab Doors opened like the Super Cab door? I'm just sayin!

To me, the super cab doors were a pain in the arse to get out of/deal with in a tight parking lot....

fz1dave 05-12-2011 05:00 PM

I had the super cab on my F150 and would never go back to one.

Yes, the truck will be a boat with the 8ft bed but with kids in the future and a Great Dane, the CC is a no-brainer.

lakedweller 05-12-2011 05:27 PM

I vote Crew Cab, had my fill of Super Cabs. If you get a Super Cab you will someday regret it, you will never regret getting a Crew Cab.....

IB Tim 05-12-2011 05:28 PM

I never thought I would like the extra doors...however I will never go back now ....Crew Cab only way

Marauder92V 05-12-2011 05:38 PM

I'll second or third or fourth or fifth the comments recommending the crew cab. Never drove anything but supers until this crew. On the test drive for both I heard from the peanut gallery how excited they got when they were in the crew cab. My daughter is 5'10" and the son is 5'6" and still growing. No more Mom in the back seat when we go places now...

AlexWV 05-12-2011 05:39 PM

I vote CC LWB

It is only 14.4 inches longer than SC LWB. They're both boats so what's a little more boat? Nothing.

marchare011 05-12-2011 05:42 PM

Third c/c for me. Have had reg cabs, super cabs, and I don't plan on going back to anything else.:-X22

fz1dave 05-12-2011 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by AlexWV (Post 10334019)
They're both boats so what's a little more boat?

This is true. http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z...s/th_laugh.gif