Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Michigan Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum85/)
-   -   Whatcha got??? (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1062971-whatcha-got.html)

just another truck 04-29-2011 12:36 PM

Whatcha got???

Okay, so let me tell you what is sparking this thread. As you know, many of our FTE group is down South dealing with the clean up and devastation of the storms that hit.

I personally feel like crap because I am sitting 900 miles away with out any way of getting down there to do anything in a decent amount of time.

So.. an example if what I am thinking..

Once, while over in the Alpena area, I broke down, had not a clue as to what was wrong with my truck, I got on the phone and contacted William, and my Wife Sheryl.

William instantly tried to contact Tjbriggs, while Sheryl got on FTE and asked for help or ideas. The fix was simple, and easy.

The support was FANTASTIC, and unreal.

Now some of you know, we have something called the RHN in the 1999-2003 7.3 forum, another great thing, many a people, with out a 7.3 and even being a member break down, someone says, hey do you know if there is someone in, and boom, there is a phone call made, and someone heads in that direction. Most who have needed help were not part of the RHN, nor were some of the people who ran out to help.

So, as an official start to this thread.. I have alot of stuff, but I am going to start with 6500kw Generator, I will travel up to 100miles to get it to you in a time of need.

Downsea 04-29-2011 05:06 PM

Pat is this a kind of if your around me call and I'll come and help thread? If so let's put phone numbers in a sticky or something that members only have access to. If you're any where close to me I'll come and help with what you need, just call. There isn't anything within an hour of here that you won't pay through the nose for. I have damn near everything you could need and wouldn't hesistate to come and give a hand or tow or a rescue of some kind!

Had to be Alpena huh? This is a good idea Pat.

pjerrn 04-29-2011 08:31 PM

I am also willing to help anyone i can whenever i can. i am out of town frequently but know lots of folks in the Grand Rapids area that i can call also. I may not have all the stuff but I got some.

SDElwood 05-02-2011 09:53 AM

I'll always do what I can to help anyone around Grand Rapids. I actually live in Alto, SE side of town, but hey I'll do what I can. And most weekends I am in or around Silver Lake and lots of stuff breaks around there. Call me anytime 1-800-tiki-bar. Just kidding. If anyone needs my number, just subtract 1 from each of the following digits. 7273948515 and you'll be talking to my cell.

maevans 05-02-2011 04:45 PM

Pat, So it would be like a Michigan RHN ?

just another truck 05-02-2011 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by maevans (Post 10292687)
Pat, So it would be like a Michigan RHN ?

Kind of yeah.. what do you think?

maevans 05-02-2011 07:00 PM

I think it is a great ideal. must have been Sheryl's :-X04

I travel all around this state, and having people threw out it willing to help out if I breakdown, would make it all that much moe better.:)

You can add my name to the list.

John Diem 05-02-2011 11:27 PM

Will help in the Harrison Area.:-wink

Downsea 05-03-2011 09:04 AM

What is "RHN"? Yeah, I'm kind of clueless. I had to ask Herself what her sig "YLW" meant after a week.

just another truck 05-03-2011 09:32 AM

R=Road
H=Help
N=Network

Pretty neat set up, Jim(Meggawatt) Neal (nlemerise) Bob (guzzle) put it together, well, had it revised. It is contacts accross the US for when traveling, you would have a safety net of sorts.

It does not look like the RHN forum is working, but it included a members map, with contact info. The problem with it is always the same, it was a forum, and it cost. So eventually what it turns out to be is either a master contact list, or 1 person with members numbers to call out to in a time of need.

Downsea 05-03-2011 09:50 AM

Sounds neat. Thanks. I wonder if we could set up a "Michigan" RHN somehow and have it available for members of the Michigan forum or signed up members only? A hidden sticky that's available if you are enrolled kind of thing maybe?

Capital Customs 05-03-2011 10:09 AM

Good idea Pat, sign me up. I have a pole barn to work in, tools. jacks, creepers, tow straps, ect. I can help down here when I am around. :-X06

onlya4.9 05-04-2011 11:59 PM

anyone around the tawas/oscoda/hale area, whatever you need, im here to help. ive got tools, a trailer, and a couple barns.

just another truck 05-05-2011 07:53 AM

So, we have a begining to it, I gues the next step, do we exchange the numbers through PM, so as not to put it out on the wide web? Do we put numbers on the Members map, which is only open to those who have access trhough the Michigan Chapter, or do we start another Google Map with a password, so as number and location is shown to those who have access.

SDElwood 05-05-2011 08:00 AM

Just thinking off the top of my head, but we could just make a spreadsheet, save it somewhere like driveway.com and just pm the login / pw I dunno.