Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   6.4L Power Stroke Diesel (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum169/)
-   -   New PCM Recal. 11B23 (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1047380-new-pcm-recal-11b23.html)

smartken22 03-25-2011 12:41 PM

I had mine done yesterday and there were no noticable differences yet. I have the Banks IQ/Six gun/Ram air setup as well and just set the six gun back to stock prior to taking it in. They told me to just leave it on the stock setting until the tranny re-learns itself. I do a lot of city driving so they told me to give it a couple of weeks or take it on the highway for an hour or so before I re-introduce any Banks settings. I dont stress my tuner with the dealer since I bought the truck used from them with the setup. Never had any issues with warranty related work. I guess I have one of the good dealers! I love small towns!

Ken

vloney 03-25-2011 12:44 PM

Just remember, if the "flashing" dealer hasn't got at least level 71.4 on their IDS, you didnt get it. I just loaded 72 on my IDS.

bigjr2 03-25-2011 12:56 PM

How do we know vloney if they have it or not?

georgew48 03-25-2011 05:09 PM

Just a little over 500 miles.

vloney 03-25-2011 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by bigjr2 (Post 10137951)
How do we know vloney if they have it or not?

Tell them you want a printout. The printout will have the IDS programming level on it.

caprang 03-25-2011 10:53 PM

so what does it mean if someone supposedly got this flash but it shows lower than the 71.4 IDS? Does that mean PARTS of the updates werent in that flash or ALL the updates are missing?
Any idea why they are taking away the "cleaning exhaust filter" message Vloney? Is there a reason Ford doesnt want us to see that?

StanleyZ 03-26-2011 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by caprang (Post 10140403)
so what does it mean if someone supposedly got this flash but it shows lower than the 71.4 IDS? Does that mean PARTS of the updates werent in that flash or ALL the updates are missing?
Any idea why they are taking away the "cleaning exhaust filter" message Vloney? Is there a reason Ford doesnt want us to see that?

The flash that changed that from staying on through the cleaning to a brief message was done in the fall of 2009. Ford didn't say why, they just did it as they serviced trucks. personally I'd rather have it stay on. At the time we speculated on here that it was done to keep owners less informed about how often the cleanings took place.

mailman01 03-26-2011 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by caprang (Post 10065432)
Oh, the "cleaning exhaust filter" was meant as an example of things that changed in the flash but werent highlighted, not meant to start a different conversation.

Got my letter last week and it indicated that this update was to be completed by the end of the month. Had it completed day before yesterday, took about 30 minutes of computer hookup time. On the way home the truck entered the "cleaning exhaust filter" mode and there was no change here, only displayed for a couple of seconds. Drove about 25 miles and never saw anything indicating this had been completed. Did not notice any changes in displays or performance. Mine is a 2010 F250.

Marty

Rudiak 03-26-2011 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by mailman01 (Post 10141301)
Got my letter last week and it indicated that this update was to be completed by the end of the month. Had it completed day before yesterday, took about 30 minutes of computer hookup time. On the way home the truck entered the "cleaning exhaust filter" mode and there was no change here, only displayed for a couple of seconds. Drove about 25 miles and never saw anything indicating this had been completed. Did not notice any changes in displays or performance. Mine is a 2010 F250.

Marty

Mine says March 31, 2012

mailman01 03-26-2011 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by Rudiak (Post 10141853)
Mine says March 31, 2012

As I said, by the end of the month, I was only a year off the date.. You are correct, 2012. Thanks.

aquaman 03-26-2011 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by mailman01 (Post 10141301)
Did not notice any changes in displays or performance. Mine is a 2010 F250.

Got mine done yesterday morning and have 50miles on it since. Lots of folks were rolling in to the dealer for the same update. Too early to say, but definitely no noticeable differences on how it drives. Shifting didn't seem any different. Seems like there's a tad more boost on acceleration (???) It still feels sluggish from a stop as usual though...

My original flash only displayed the cleaning message for about 2 seconds, assuming I saw it. It never gave any indication of finishing. I think Ford did away with it so it's one less thing people will complain about.

I do seem to remember getting a drive to clean exhaust message exactly once after I got the truck new, though most of my driving was freeway back then. Apparently, there's some 'preconditioning' done to the DPF where they intentionally let it fill up. Don't know the details.

Chief409 03-27-2011 10:49 AM

I'm getting my update Monday, Saturday I hook up the 5er and pull 665 miles to Salt Lake City, stopping at Cedar City, UT. I'm topping off both tanks (main and 50 gal aux) as soon as I leave the dealership so I'll find out what the MPG is after the update, and the tranny will relearn with the trailer in tow. I've been averaging 9.8 mpg towing @ 60 mph, with 4:30 gears. Anytime I go faster then that the MPG, without or with the trailer, goes to crap. Lots of mountain passes and wind here in the mountain West. My rig is an early '09 FX4, CC, long bed Tow Boss with the original programming.

vloney 03-27-2011 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by caprang (Post 10140403)

If its not 71.4 at least, you got no updates!

bigjr2 03-28-2011 08:13 AM

Well it might just be me but mine seems to drive and shift smoother but maybe its just in my head cant tell yet the mpgs our fule pumps wont let me have a full tank shuts off at $80 bucks :-X04

senix 03-28-2011 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by smartken22 (Post 10137890)
I had mine done yesterday and there were no noticable differences yet. I have the Banks IQ/Six gun/Ram air setup as well and just set the six gun back to stock prior to taking it in. They told me to just leave it on the stock setting until the tranny re-learns itself. I do a lot of city driving so they told me to give it a couple of weeks or take it on the highway for an hour or so before I re-introduce any Banks settings. I dont stress my tuner with the dealer since I bought the truck used from them with the setup. Never had any issues with warranty related work. I guess I have one of the good dealers! I love small towns!

Ken

Did you unhook the 6-gun or just did the setting at stock on the IQ?