Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Colorado Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum81/)
-   -   Shopping Lists (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/104714-shopping-lists.html)

Mike G 03-14-2003 03:52 PM

Shopping Lists

OK Folks. I just came back from the salvage yard, if there is something you are in need of let me know before the short term memory expires....
--Mike G:-X0A6

chadburns2 03-16-2003 01:40 AM

Shopping Lists

Thanks Mike, but I think I am good on parts for now. Of course, if I was walking around the junkyard, I could probably find 5 items I needed/wanted. :) BTW, you guys should try to come by Johnnys Diner at the corner of Illiff and Havana some Saturday. I went down there today and they had a nice little (30 or so) group of cars there. No trucks, but some real nice street rods etc. There was one AC Cobra there with a 427 in it. Man was I jealous, just for the motor. Hows the motor coming Mike? Any progress? Mine is still on the stand in the garage. Been too busy getting my nephew married off last night, to get anything done on my motor. Hopefully I will be able to get it loaded up and over to Rob's place sometime in the near future. Oh, btw, I just couldn't help myself and picked up a new Edelbrock 600 CFM carb last week. I went with the manual choke option......they don't break. It's just sittin' in the box in the garage right now. First piece for the new motor. Take care.

Chad Burns
1968 F-250 390 2v auto
Aurora

Mike G 03-16-2003 02:31 PM

Shopping Lists

Hey Chad:
Hope the wedding went well for the family. I know those eat up a lot of prep time. My motor is just in the final tear-down/inspection stage. It looks like I will be in need of a new crank. The 1st donor motor was a 390 and threw a rod, which dingged the crank pretty good. I figure for $150, new is the way to go. The 2nd donor .060 360 is on the stand now. Looking pretty good so a hone, salvage of the pistons and top them with the 390 rod and new crank. May be off to see Rob at the end of the month.
On another note, there is a Wednesday night get-together on this side of town. The Hamburger Stand on Union and 1st is buzzing when the weather is good. Of course that coincides with open test night at Bandimere... Plenty of good stuff for the viewing!
Have a great week all!

broncr 03-17-2003 01:39 AM

Shopping Lists

I'm lookin for a header or EFI exhaust manifolds for my 300-6. Any chance???

Mike G 03-17-2003 09:35 AM

Shopping Lists

If you can give me a year range to work with. I do recall seeing one or two 6's, but I was focused primarily on FE engines (tunnel vision you know).

broncr 03-29-2003 06:24 PM

Shopping Lists

Sorry it took so long, I had to search a while and got distracted. Acording to FTE posts, any efi exhaust from '87 -'96, F150 or Bronco w/300-6 EFI should work... they usually recommend getting the downpipe to below where the two come together as the stock EFI exhaust manifolds are actually a pair of threes...

'Appreciate a shout if you come across anything...

Broncr

PS... what does the "FE" stand for?

Mike G 03-31-2003 09:14 AM

Shopping Lists

Broncr:
I will probably be making a trip out on Friday around lunch time so I will keep a look out. Sorry but I really just glance over the 6 cylinders. I do however recall seeing a couple though, can't remember what they were in... To answer your question about FE, that is "Ford-Edsel" which was the big block for Ford prior to the "385" series or 429/460 engine line.
--MG

broncr 03-31-2003 03:02 PM

Shopping Lists

Thanks, Mike

There is a lot of "stuff" that I might be interested in if you spot a "big six". I'd appreciate the tip if you spot one. Thanks again...

Broncr

Mike G 04-10-2003 04:20 PM

Shopping Lists

Hey Broncr:
Just got back from the yard. There were approximately 4 I-6's in there. Now for the bad news... They were all pre-85 carbed versions. Let me know if there was anthing else you may be considering, I'm looking for an excuse to go back!
--Mike

broncr 04-10-2003 08:00 PM

Shopping Lists

Thanks Mike,

Other than the RARE chance of decent front fenders, I'm pretty well set. I have an '84 parts Bronco thats been quite a good investment. I appreciate the offer.