Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   2010 - 2014 Ford SVT F150 Raptor (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum243/)
-   -   Velociraptor on Top Gear America (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1042974-velociraptor-on-top-gear-america.html)

StreetsideStig 02-22-2011 03:45 PM

Velociraptor on Top Gear America

I know I'm a little late with this, but what did you guys think of Tanner Foust's review of the Hennessy Velociraptor on Top Gear America?

Sure, it was a total ripoff of TG UK's review of the Porsche Cayenne a few years ago, but this doesn't mean it wasn't still awesome, right? A Velociraptor racing a HALO jumper is pretty epic.

AutoShepherd 04-21-2011 06:29 PM

That was definitely a good episode. There is a on-going debate about the show copying the original, but cool is still cool :)

ediggity 04-21-2011 10:27 PM

very cool...

StreetsideStig 04-22-2011 07:00 AM

Originally Posted by AutoShepherd (Post 10249697)
There is a on-going debate about the show copying the original, but cool is still cool :)

Yeah, that's a problem that TG:USA is going to run into as long as it lives, I'm afraid. But you're right. Cool is still cool. Try to find a better US based car show. No, they're not as funny as Clarkson/Hammond/May, and yes, they copy some of their ideas, but it's still a cool show. The more Top Gear, the better.

AutoShepherd 04-22-2011 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by StreetsideStig (Post 10251394)
Yeah, that's a problem that TG:USA is going to run into as long as it lives, I'm afraid. But you're right. Cool is still cool. Try to find a better US based car show. No, they're not as funny as Clarkson/Hammond/May, and yes, they copy some of their ideas, but it's still a cool show. The more Top Gear, the better.

Clarkson, Hammond and May are a pretty amusing bunch. And so far I haven't seen USA show anything as funny as the Reliant Robin test drive haha. That was absolutely hilarious!

TBarr95 04-23-2011 08:48 AM

I love those Raptors!
I really don't dream of newer car or trucks, well expect having a new Raptor!
I think , what, 410 stock HP Fun Fun FFFFun!!

StreetsideStig 04-25-2011 07:14 AM

Originally Posted by AutoShepherd (Post 10253306)
And so far I haven't seen USA show anything as funny as the Reliant Robin test drive haha. That was absolutely hilarious!

The Reliant Robin review was the funniest thing I've ever seen on Top Gear. I've probably seen it 8 times, and it still makes me laugh.

darrelf150 04-26-2011 12:08 PM

It makes me want one. There aren't to many trucks that can get me excited like the raptor does every time I see one.

db_tanker 04-27-2011 07:34 AM

I would love to see a race with Hammond going in a Bower and Faust in a Velociraptor...

I know that they have done a UK vs Aussie and UK vs Germany Top Gear...I would love to give Clarkson a large plate of crow to eat. :)

StreetsideStig 04-27-2011 07:36 AM

Yeah, TGUK vs TGUSA would be amazing. It would certainly boost TGUSA's popularity, which would be great.

AutoShepherd 05-04-2011 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by StreetsideStig (Post 10271429)
Yeah, TGUK vs TGUSA would be amazing. It would certainly boost TGUSA's popularity, which would be great.

I second that! Would definitely make for some good television :)

db_tanker 05-05-2011 05:31 AM

I think the idea for a TG US vs TG UK episode just got better...

Saw the TG UK facebook feed on the Mustang Boss 302...they are saying, in a nutshell, its the American version of the M3 CSL...and its a bit quicker. :)

StreetsideStig 05-05-2011 07:10 AM

@db_tanker Yeah, actually Ford Racing targeted the M3 when they designed the Boss 302. And it is quicker than the M3 around Laguna Seca.

I wrote an article about it, if you want to check it out.

The Boss: And I Don’t Mean Springsteen | Street Side Auto Blog