Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   S. California Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum103/)
-   -   One more newbie (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1042918-one-more-newbie.html)

BMcT 02-22-2011 01:02 PM

One more newbie

Hello all,

I'm new here on FTE since last week and already I am finding this to be an invaluable resource. I just discovered the regional chapter links yesterday and since I live in California City I sent off a request to join this chapter.

I recently bought a 1986 Ford F250 XLT 4x4 in November. It has a 460 engine and C6 tranny. It needs a little work, mostly cosmetic with interior and body. Recently gave it new plugs/plug wires/distributor cap and rotor and it passed smog easily. Now I plan to do some interior work on it. Already have some dash parts coming thanks to the help of dohc_chump here on FTE.

Though I do plan to keep the truck OEM for the most part there are some things I'm looking at customizing such as the stereo system for one and weighing between bolting on a brush guard or grill guard. As is the case for most of us, finances and time will determine which projects I'll get to first. That's ok though since it will give me time to decide what exactly I want to do.

I also own a 1997 Ford E150 Clubwagon which sits 10. We (wife and I) bought it back in 1999(?) to help haul our 8 kids around. Since 2 have moved on we now have room for couple of their friends!!!

See you all around here on FTE,

Bill.

bpounds 02-22-2011 09:57 PM

Welcome, Bill. Thanks for introducing yourself.

wpnaes 02-22-2011 10:20 PM

Bill, as a fellow Newbie to this chapter, welcome to you and your family.

BMcT 02-24-2011 03:16 PM

Thanks for the warm welcoming guys...looking forward to being a part of the FTE community.

Bill

SteveBricks 02-24-2011 04:21 PM

Glad you found us and happy to have you here, Bill :-X22

BMcT 02-24-2011 04:45 PM

Thank you followed with a few questions.

Originally Posted by SteveBricks (Post 10013801)
Glad you found us and happy to have you here, Bill :-X22

Thanks Steve. I do have one question re: joining the SoCal chapter...I submitted a request earlier this week to join, should I have heard something by now concerning that request? Will I receive any feedback concerning the request? Will correspondence concerning my request to join the chapter be via email or here on FTE fourm? Just wondering what to expect. Sorry, I guess maybe I had more than just one question after all!!! It's just that I was beginning to wonder if my request was even received since I haven't heard anything. Thanks, Bill. :-newbie

bpounds 02-24-2011 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by BMcT (Post 10013932)
Thanks Steve. I do have one question re: joining the SoCal chapter...I submitted a request earlier this week to join, should I have heard something by now concerning that request? Will I receive any feedback concerning the request? Will correspondence concerning my request to join the chapter be via email or here on FTE fourm? Just wondering what to expect. Sorry, I guess maybe I had more than just one question after all!!! It's just that I was beginning to wonder if my request was even received since I haven't heard anything. Thanks, Bill. :-newbie

Bill, looks like Steve checked out for a few hours. His green smoking lamp is out.

Membership here is very informal. Steve will put you on his list and he likes to have a valid email address for everyone so he can get in touch if necessary. I can't say if he got your request or not, but he obviously knows you are here. Usually he posts a new thread welcoming you, but since you started your own with an introduction (nicely done BTW), he probably won't do another. Anyway, you are in the chapter, so no worries. Watch the top few messages in this forum for info on upcoming get togethers and such. The next one will be in April.

BMcT 02-24-2011 05:49 PM

Thanks for the insight. Looking forward to being a part of the SoCal chapter. Bill.

bpounds 02-24-2011 05:53 PM

I just noticed that Steve left a visitor message on your profile page welcoming you. Did you see that? That is probably as formal as it will get.

Oh, almost forgot, you have to buy beer for everyone.}>

BMcT 02-24-2011 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by bpounds (Post 10014202)
I just noticed that Steve left a visitor message on your profile page welcoming you. Did you see that? That is probably as formal as it will get.

Oh, almost forgot, you have to buy beer for everyone.}>

Hi again bpounds,

No I haven't seen the visitor message...you say its on my profile page, is that the same as UserCP? If so where in the UserCP cause I couldn't find it. If not the UserCP then how do I get to profile page? Thanks for your help with learning the interface here at FTE.

As for the beer, although I don't drink myself I'll buy a round at least y'all ain't asking for a round of gas for the trucks!!! :-drink

Bill.

bpounds 02-24-2011 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by BMcT (Post 10014394)
No I haven't seen the visitor message...you say its on my profile page, is that the same as UserCP? If so where in the UserCP cause I couldn't find it. If not the UserCP then how do I get to profile page? Thanks for your help with learning the interface here at FTE.

Just click on your username at the top left corner of one of your own posts. That will show you your profile, and you can see the profiles of other users by clicking on their names too.

BMcT 02-24-2011 07:00 PM

Ok, thanks bpounds. Learning something new everyday...:-X22

SteveBricks 02-24-2011 10:34 PM

Bill has you covered, Bill :D

The only notification one gets when they join an FTE chapter is from the chapter leaders themselves. Since private messages aren't available until a user has passed the 25 post mark, most chapter leaders will use the visitor message as a means to notify new users.

It takes a little bit to learn how to navigate around this place, but once you get it figured out there's a wealth of info to be had. If you need any help please don't hesitate to ask.

Excursion Gary 02-25-2011 12:07 AM

Welcome to the Chapter Bill. 8 kids, wow!

BMcT 03-07-2011 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by Excursion Gary (Post 10015738)
Welcome to the Chapter Bill. 8 kids, wow!

Thanks Gary,
Yeah, 8 kids...never a dull moment around our home!!! Still have 6 of the younger ones in the house with us.