Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Connecticut Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum227/)
-   -   CT Chapter February B/S thread (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1035509-ct-chapter-february-b-s-thread.html)

sddesigns 02-24-2011 04:52 AM

Good Morning CT! :)

Happy Thursday! :D

Nice Work Truck 02-24-2011 04:54 AM

Good morning guys.
Now the bug has moved into my head and I cant breath.
Greg I would not be able to put up with the political BS of a big company, good luck.

Dave and Aaron a lot of guys are putting in the 6.4 banjo bolts because the flow more fuel.

acf6 02-24-2011 05:02 AM

Morning everyone, I am headed back to ct. This storm looks lame for southern new England

mustangx 02-24-2011 05:02 AM

Good morning everyone, A good day to go out and get a sump pump if you have any thoughts of a basement flood, I saw some up at harbor freight this weekend pretty cheap, 35 bucks. all their stuff has a decent warranty

scottzj 02-24-2011 05:22 AM

Good Morning CT!
Time to rise and shine!
Have a great Thursday! :)

Towmanjbo 02-24-2011 05:32 AM

Originally Posted by scottzj (Post 10011059)
Time to rise and shine!
:)

:-yeahrigh

Maybe for you guys! Good night for me and good morning to you all!

acf6 02-24-2011 05:41 AM

http://www.wtnh.com/dpp/news/consume...n-gas-possible

This is where I'd insert the animated thing with the head hitting the wall, about 5 of them

StreamlineGT 02-24-2011 06:04 AM

I'm so sick of this middle east BS. Why can't we start drilling more here? Oh yeah, BP screwed that up to a degree. I've never been a political guy, so I guess I just don't understand.

acf6 02-24-2011 06:07 AM

Originally Posted by StreamlineGT (Post 10011133)
I'm so sick of this middle east BS. Why can't we start drilling more here? Oh yeah, BP screwed that up to a degree. I've never been a political guy, so I guess I just don't understand.

Yeah who knows. I saw we get most of our oil from Canada

mustangx 02-24-2011 06:17 AM

I think secretly they don't wanna drill here so in the future when all other supplies are depleting we will be an oil super power. So for now they appear to be conscientious of all the tree huggers but in reality we all know the American people seldomly get what the majority of us all want.

jthorngate3 02-24-2011 06:47 AM

Gonna need to get my build going if gas is going to go up that much! Every mpg counts!

acf6 02-24-2011 10:04 AM

I am spending a good chunk of my day writing a history paper :-lamesign
its really more like browsing FTE/facebook/writing paper/youtube/walking around the house... lol

jthorngate3 02-24-2011 10:24 AM

I have to get back into the school mode myself. It has been a long while. Started my EMT class on Monday.

Aerocell4x4 02-24-2011 11:10 AM

:-wink Good day everyone.

Hmm $5.00 a gallon just for gasoline and add a couple dimes more for the diesel.
More pressure on me to get that over drive transmission and the propane system.

Need a job first:-X16

Andy thanks for the update on the banjo bolts, don't think I'll need those since I'm not going to put larger injectors on my truck. Unless its a real easy R&R?

Aerocell4x4 02-24-2011 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by Towmanjbo (Post 10010929)
Hey Dave, did you get your new battery box yet and did you want to sell your old one? I'd like to move my batt out of the engine compartment to make room for the turbo.

Sorry Justin, the OEM battery boxes went to the scrap metal heap.
My bad :-X19

Yes I got the new battery box, nice setup for easy servicing.
The forward & aft plates unbolt, so too does the outboard plate.
The top plate is two-piece and slides in from the aft end, the two pieces enable them to come out with out dismounting the back wheel, the body narrows going forward so that direction is out.
The batteries are mounted as pairs inside the one box.
The base plate for each pair tips down, besides being able to better service the batteries that way, battery R&R is much easier.
With the batteries off their base plates, those base plates can be slid forward and dismounted from the foundation of the battery box.
It is a prototype, came together quite well, the only glitch was the hold-downs were spaced based on the top profile and not the base which extends out further.
The quickest fix was to flapper-wheel down the battery flanges to gain relief.