Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   S. California Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum103/)
-   -   BEST EATS contest (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/103025-best-eats-contest.html)

Greywolf 03-07-2003 08:05 PM

BEST EATS contest

I nominate (for San Diego County):

24 Hour Mexican Food (I swear - that's what's on the sign!) for their Chimichanga's, but especially for the California Burrito, and their Chipotle Salsa!!!! at the corner of Black Mountain Road, and Miramar Road in Mira Mesa...

There's also an awesome place down at the end of Spring Street by the highway 94 interchange in La Mesa that I'm not done checkin' out yet (more on this later).

And the bar none best rolled taco's in town so far are at the corner of Bancroft and Troy streets in Spring Valley...
(Dunno why - they just ARE. Maybe someone besides me can figure it out...)

SO THERE!

Come on - who's got better????

Carlene 03-08-2003 03:20 PM

BEST EATS contest

Come on - who's got better????

Well I do of course. Right here at my place.

Mexican Lazagna - want the recipe? Okay, you talked me into it.

Meat Mixture.
Brown a 1 lb ground beef with 1 large diced onion and
as much diced chilli peppers as you think you can handle.
Add in 16 oz each of cottage cheese & sour cream.

Put a layer of flour tortillas in the bottom of a 9x13 pan (glass preferably). You'll need to cut some in half for the proper fit.

Spoon a layer of the meat mixture over the tortillas and pour on some enchilada sause, hot or mild, your choice. I like it hot!
Now put another layer of tortillas on. Cover this layer with mushrooms and healthy heapings of Cheddar & Jack cheese.
Now another layer of tortillas. Cover with more of the meat mixture, lots more enchilada sauce and top with lots more of the cheddar & jack cheese.

Bake at 350 until the cheese melts, let cool and dive in.

There ya go - quick, easy and makes great leftovers.

BTW, it's great to wrap some of the leftover meat sauce in a tortilla with fresh chopped onions, salsa and cheese. A bit of a snack while you wait for the main dish to cook.

I'm getting hungry now.:9

Greywolf 03-09-2003 11:21 AM

BEST EATS contest

While the rest of the nation drowns in snow - I just set up a barbeque...

It seems the "Brinkman" company has yet another improved version of the common 'smoker'!

- I had to have one, and now I do.

Since sometime yesterday afternoon I have had a container of thin sliced pork sirloin (about six pounds of it) marinating in the 'fridge with a mixture of Habernero, chili powder, garlic, and various stuff known only to me...

(Quote: "Nothing but the finest ingredients!")

When I get home tonight, the final stage of an experiment into "PIG JERKY" will be carried out - all of this because I mis-read the label on a sirloin in Smart and Final the other day...

I'll let ya know how it came out when it's done!

>=op

Carlene 03-10-2003 10:01 PM

BEST EATS contest

Sooooooo - Greywolf - - - -

Does this mean you're not gonna at least try my dish???

Afraid you'd like it or just waitin' on this southern girl to come cook it for ya???

horsepuller 03-10-2003 10:19 PM

BEST EATS contest

Hey I'm gonna try that Mexican Lazagna! 'Course I would rather have a good 'ol southern girl cook it up for me! :9

Greywolf 03-11-2003 02:47 AM

BEST EATS contest

Afraid you'd like it or just waitin' on this southern girl to come cook it for ya???
Umm...

I don't have any oven pans yet...

(He admits, embarrassedly) :(