Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   6.2L V8 (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum206/)
-   -   Ruh-Roh Raggy.... (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1028001-ruh-roh-raggy.html)

powerstroke72 01-13-2011 06:49 AM

If you haven't already, sounds like it's time to call Ford Corporate Customer Service.

devongarver 01-13-2011 06:59 AM

Originally Posted by powerstroke72 (Post 9817338)
If you haven't already, sounds like it's time to call Ford Corporate Customer Service.

Do they even do anything? I honestly thought I would be wasting my time calling them...have you ever had any experiences with them? If they will help, by all means I'll call!

powerstroke72 01-13-2011 07:01 AM

I haven't had personal experience with them but have heard positive things from those who have. I think it would be worth calling. After all, the dealership still apparently has not corrected your original issue. At the very least, they'll contact the dealership and go from there.

devongarver 01-13-2011 07:02 AM

Gotcha, well then I will give them a call today. I wish I could email them so I could be very clear about the things that were said to me, and the actions that took place. Maybe I will look for an email address too?

powerstroke72 01-13-2011 07:19 AM

They do have an e-mail addy to but I haven't got it in front of me right now. That was going to be my suggestion just for your record-keeping purposes, if nothing else.:-X22

devongarver 01-13-2011 07:32 AM

I found it, they have a 1000 character limit, so that sucks. I gave a very brief explanation, and made it clear I have more to say. We'll see, maybe they will call me. Judging by the fact that there are 3 people on here so far that I have seen a post saying they have the same issue, I am worried that there is going to be a bigger problem with the 4x4. The crappy thing is, when it isn't acting up, it works great. Every other time I use it, save for the 3 incidents, it engages quickly with no issues.

powerstroke72 01-13-2011 07:36 AM

Best of luck with it. I'll be following this thread so post up any results you get with resolving your issue.

2000silverbullet 01-13-2011 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by devongarver (Post 9817495)
I found it, they have a 1000 character limit, so that sucks. I gave a very brief explanation, and made it clear I have more to say. We'll see, maybe they will call me.

PM sent...

devongarver 01-13-2011 10:03 AM

Got it, I'll check that out. Thanks man.

Beechkid 01-13-2011 03:22 PM

So help me...if I climb in that truck tonight and it doesn't go into 4x4...I might hurt someone...[/QUOTE]

Ok...Call FORD asap- ask for the regional manager to get involved at this point! I had an issue with a local dealer...over a paint issue (out of warranty but Ford honored it anyway).....Dealer kept the vehicle for 3 days to do a tests, burned almost all the fuel in twin tanks, screwed up the test and told me I had to bring it in again......I called Ford, told em what happend and I would take care of the paint myself...I was being nice about it actually with Ford since it wasn't their fault! About a week later I got a call from the regional manager who looked at the oasis report and was pissed! He convinced me to take the truck to another dealer, while he could not recommend a specific one, he advised me of a couple that were in the area...once i agreed (drove it 50 miles), he made the call and set everything up......They even saw I was due for smog test and even did that. I had just given the truck a tune-up, one of the new spark plug wires was bad, I figured I would replace it when I got the truck back.......they even found and took care of that! I got the truck back 7 days later...absolutely beautifull!!!!

I have also have very good experiences with drivetrain issues when a dealer (who was actually trying) to fix a problem couldn't......the regional rep was right there and got the engineers involved and fixed the problem (in one case it meant a complete engine replacement.

devongarver 01-14-2011 06:33 AM

So I got to the dealer last night at 4:45pm, and the second I walk in the door "Sandy", who is the one I have been dealing with through this, said, "Oh no, the tech is already gone, we can't program that key for you now! I thought you were coming this morning to pick it up! If you had come before 5pm we could have done it still!"

To which I said, "Um, it IS before 5pm, it's quarter till?? Never mind, I don't even care, I just want my truck back."

So she apologizes, and hands me a paper to sign, and I have to ask her to show me where it says what they did, because the paper she initially handed me, did not include that information. To sum it up, it basically said, we have no idea what the issue is/was, but it seems to be resolved. Woopee!!! So, through sheer dumb luck, they may have "fixed" it by replacing the PCM they managed to toast with their controller.

Anyway, I got in the truck, and the first thign I noticed other than they didn't put the seat back where I had it(pet peeve I HATE when people do that) is there was dirt and grease all over the center console where the tech had his controller sitting. At this point, I opened the hood to see if they jacked anything up. Only one thing, they forgot to put the red cover back on the battery terminal. I said the hell with it, it's not worth going back in there and arguing, and just got in and left. I drove it up and down the road, testing the 4x4, did a few engine cycles, no failure yet. BUT, it also worked most of the time before anyways, it only failed intermittently. So we will see.

Beechkid 01-14-2011 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by devongarver (Post 9822474)
So I got to the dealer last night at 4:45pm, and the second I walk in the door "Sandy", who is the one I have been dealing with through this, said, "Oh no, the tech is already gone, we can't program that key for you now! I thought you were coming this morning to pick it up! If you had come before 5pm we could have done it still!"

To which I said, "Um, it IS before 5pm, it's quarter till?? Never mind, I don't even care, I just want my truck back."

So she apologizes, and hands me a paper to sign, and I have to ask her to show me where it says what they did, because the paper she initially handed me, did not include that information. To sum it up, it basically said, we have no idea what the issue is/was, but it seems to be resolved. Woopee!!! So, through sheer dumb luck, they may have "fixed" it by replacing the PCM they managed to toast with their controller.

Anyway, I got in the truck, and the first thign I noticed other than they didn't put the seat back where I had it(pet peeve I HATE when people do that) is there was dirt and grease all over the center console where the tech had his controller sitting. At this point, I opened the hood to see if they jacked anything up. Only one thing, they forgot to put the red cover back on the battery terminal. I said the hell with it, it's not worth going back in there and arguing, and just got in and left. I drove it up and down the road, testing the 4x4, did a few engine cycles, no failure yet. BUT, it also worked most of the time before anyways, it only failed intermittently. So we will see.

I would still notify Ford at the customer asistance center so that it is documented- just in case....plus the Regional mgr needs to know!

devongarver 01-14-2011 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by Beechkid (Post 9823256)
I would still notify Ford at the customer asistance center so that it is documented- just in case....plus the Regional mgr needs to know!

I sent an email in yesterday morning, they said 1-2 business days for response.

Hopefully I won't have to deal with this not working again anyways...fingers are crossed.

Skip1970 01-15-2011 12:49 AM

its a miracle its fixed!!!! good for you!

devongarver 01-15-2011 09:11 AM

Haha...ya...we'll see. I'll probably drive the thing today and it won't work again lol.