Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Nebraska Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum176/)
-   -   Anyone have a smart phone? (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1026070-anyone-have-a-smart-phone.html)

jseim44 01-04-2011 05:58 PM

Anyone have a smart phone?

Or maybe in my case a "dumb" phone. I am thinking that one of these days I will need to replace my old phone and I'm thinking about stepping up in the world and getting a smart phone. What does everyone have? How do you like them? :-duel1

-Jake

cowboywanabe 01-05-2011 08:32 AM

I'm an iPhone junky... Just upgraded to the latest version back in September and it is awesome. I use it more for internet/email than phone calls. AT&T service in this area is crappy, but we're supposed to be on 3G any day now. It's also nice that it has wifi built in so you can surf that way if the cell service isn't good.

67nukeford 01-05-2011 11:19 AM

I don't know if mine is smart or not. Maybe just partly educated. It's one of the LG's with the keyboard.

im2tall33 01-10-2011 06:06 PM

i love my droid 2..its my first smart phone.. i dont know if i could go back to a regular phone again lol

Fix_Or_Repair_Daily 01-10-2011 09:22 PM

I have an HTC hero on the sprint network. Service is awesome except in my house. Only deadzone ive found. I use it mostly to check my email and CL and I have pandora internet radio on it as ive never had the pleasure of owning a vehicle with a nice working radio.

diesel-fitter-bum01 01-15-2011 06:45 PM

I have the htc droid incredible. Love it,can't go back to a regular phone. Rarely use my computer anymore.

gquinn8516 01-15-2011 09:02 PM

Droid is what I have and is so much more than a phone. I would say that I use the phone for about 10%. The other 90% I use for e-mail, internet, scheduling, and ability to connect with other computers etc. I would never go back to a regular phone! I am a HUGE FAN!

imabaka 01-15-2011 11:34 PM

I got a blackberry curve.

jseim44 01-16-2011 09:23 AM

I am really thinking about getting a Droid. My girlfriend thinks I should wait until Verizon gets the iPhone, but I don't know. I haven't had the chance to mess with any of those yet.

-Jake

Fix_Or_Repair_Daily 01-16-2011 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by jseim44 (Post 9831932)
I am really thinking about getting a Droid. My girlfriend thinks I should wait until Verizon gets the iPhone, but I don't know. I haven't had the chance to mess with any of those yet.

-Jake

well i heard alittle while ago that apparently some law was passed requiring all phones to be able to be used on all networks. however i could be crazy. Anyways the person that told me this also said the iphone wasnt available on all networks yet because of a software thing. or something.

The_SnowMan710 01-16-2011 11:22 PM

I've got my blackberry curve 8530 which I like for the most part...it's got the track pad instead of a trackball like my old pearl 8130 had, which always was plugged with dirty, sand, or small metal fillings loved to find their way in there too. only things I dislike about my curve is that your hands need to be pretty clean when using the track pad, greasy finger tips don't read too well on those things (for us mechanics, farmers, and the alike). also, I'm not too big of fan of the full keyboard...it's nice when I have nothing else to do but text, but when I'm trying to multi-task (like while driving...oops, did I say that?), it takes forever and a week to type anything with one hand. and I suppose that some websites have a hard time loading onto it as well...FTE finally made an easy to load mobile site so now I can easily read up on the forums at work hahaha....still is a pain to post with it though....

im2tall33 01-17-2011 10:46 AM

i just rooted my droid 2 last night if you thought your phone was fun before just wait till you have full access to your phone!!!!

jseim44 01-17-2011 06:47 PM

I checked out the iPhone on Verizon's website yesterday. It looks pretty sweet. I'm just window shopping for now, but I think I will wait until it comes out in Feb. so I can look at one in the store. I like the idea of having an iPod with me anywhere I go (even though it won't hold anywhere near all of my music). I guess we'll have to see. I understand what Kenny is saying about the full keyboard. Sometimes I like to multi-task as well.....of course by that I mean text and.....uh.....feed my face. I have also been hesitant because of the fact that about half the time I use my phone my hands aren't very clean.......

-Jake

im2tall33 01-17-2011 06:49 PM

well something to consider jake is that the droids also hold just as much if not mmore music...just saying

jseim44 01-17-2011 06:52 PM

It said the iPhone holds 16GB with a 32GB flash drive......now you're talking to a guy that has an 80GB hard drive that is pretty full of only music. I know there's no way that I'd be able to have all that on a phone, but I don't listen to most of it anyway. Is the driod as "friendly" with iTunes formatted music as the iPhone would be?

You know.....it's funny. In high school we had those Apple computers and I hated them......

-Jake