Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Vendor Specials, Discounts, Product Announcements & Group Buys (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum173/)
-   -   A weak link in the design (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1023978-a-weak-link-in-the-design.html)

ADDFord 12-29-2010 12:40 PM

A weak link in the design

3 Attachment(s)
Hey everyone.
One of the major issues that we are seeing from customers are the rear abs sensor's snapping. They are located on the front side of the axel and seem to be catching rocks, debris, mud, etc. because they are unprotected they are becoming brittle and weak, or taking impacts from rocks or simply snagging stuff. So we made a simple quick fix for cheap.
These abs gaurds take about 5 min total to put on and provide protection completely around the sensor.
We also include a new Grade 10 bolts which is a big leap from the stock grade 5 bolt.
We are selling these for $50 shipped.
This includes
2 ABS gaurds, coated, tig welded, built from 120. wall dom
2 grade bolts
and shipped

The fix from Ford is $500. Our solution is abs gaurds for $50

Chug 12-29-2010 12:46 PM

Nice looking piece you made there. I have one question. Are you seeing these snapped sensors mostly on trucks that are driven off road and through snow, or is this happening to trucks that are driven strictly on road as well?

ADDFord 12-29-2010 12:55 PM

I'd say both. Offroad because of larger rocks and debris hitting it.
They also just become brittle after about a year so on road truck from back east where it snows and the roads get salted and west where it is really hot come in about 50% of the time. The other 50% is offroad.

juneau76 12-30-2010 09:53 AM

That's pretty innovative.

ADDFord 12-30-2010 10:52 AM

Thanks.
It's very easy to install and saves a fortune if it breaks. Just something simple to help out.

jmmec 12-30-2010 10:58 AM

Do you know if the same problem can also occur on the 2011 F150s (same design)? I do a lot of offroad driving.

Thanks

ADDFord 01-02-2011 12:33 PM

Yes, It is the same design so the issue is the same.
You can see in the pic that the sensor has already took a beating and that is a 6 month old truck.

efx4 01-02-2011 01:11 PM

Thanks for the heads up and solution ADDFORD. Some of us actually go off road in our trucks, and in my case, live in the salty and snowy NE so this is real good info.

johndeerefarmer 01-02-2011 02:40 PM

Only thing I see wrong with it is that the cable will chaff against the edge of the tubing. You need some kind of rubber grommet that goes in the end for it to rub against.

ADDFord 01-05-2011 02:23 PM

Thanks for the orders so far everyone. Please post pics and comments once you install.
We have plenty more in stock and ready to go.

FUZZYDP 01-05-2011 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by johndeerefarmer (Post 9766164)
Only thing I see wrong with it is that the cable will chaff against the edge of the tubing. You need some kind of rubber grommet that goes in the end for it to rub against.

I agree. But the cable is still exposed for sticks or rocks to catch it?

fonefiddy 01-06-2011 05:54 AM

Nothing a piece of vacuum line split down one side couldn't fix?

astraelraen 01-06-2011 11:44 AM

I did some medium offroading a few weeks ago through some mud/small rocks and the truck came away covered.

I noticed the TCS light came on and stayed on indicating there was a problem somewhere in the system. (I did not turn it off)

The light went on and off randomly throughout the day, but it has stayed off since. I wonder if maybe one of these sensors got knocked loose or something.

ADDFord 01-10-2011 11:57 AM

So far we haven't had any problems with the cable being rubbed or breaking with our gaurd on it. These have been out for 6 months so I will continue to post follow ups if they should break.

krewat 01-10-2011 03:04 PM

Thread moved to Vendor Product Announcements forum.