Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   1999 to 2016 Super Duty (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum30/)
-   -   Show me pictures of those SUPER DUTY'S working. (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1011872-show-me-pictures-of-those-super-dutys-working.html)

UGA33 05-05-2016 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by Sarge261 (Post 16261456)
Thanks for the update...I envy you. I may just go test drive 1 when they hit the lots.

Sarge

That could be a good thing or a bad thing doing a test drive!

Sarge261 05-05-2016 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by UGA33 (Post 16261576)
That could be a good thing or a bad thing doing a test drive!

Yes it could but I'm not in any real position to buy right now anyway. I'm looking at 2-3 years...unless I convert my truck to a dually then it may be 10 or more. Gotta pay off the wife's ride first and decide what I'm going to do with the Tacoma I leased.

I'm not one to jump on the first year of a new vehicle right out of the gate, although I did with the Tacoma, but I figured on a lease...cant loose Ill just give it back. The SD though no leasing those and for what my payment would be a month Id like to know all the new technology has most of the bugs worked out.

Sarge

wizkid00104 05-05-2016 12:53 PM

Sarge, I still like the look of your model better than the new models. And it is WAYYYYY cheaper :-drink

Sarge261 05-05-2016 03:37 PM

Youre right, nothing beats a truck with no payments!

And I have to agree the 05-07 is one of the nicest looking trucks I think...but the 11-16 isn't that bad either.

Sarge

wizkid00104 05-05-2016 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by Sarge261 (Post 16262338)
Youre right, nothing beats a truck with no payments!

And I have to agree the 05-07 is one of the nicest looking trucks I think...but the 11-16 isn't that bad either.

Sarge

Agreed.

I like the 11-16 a lot. My only complaint is the turn signal is above the headlight. I know that sounds stupid (and they had to change it because of federal regulations), but I feel the turn signal belongs below or next to the headlight. I suppose with a retrofit, it could be switched.

While we are at it, I don't care for the 08-10 front clip for the same reason plus the fact that the bump goes straight across. It does not have a dip in the middle like all the other years.

I would much rather keep my 02 and change it to exactly what I want than shell out $65k for a King Ranch with everything I want in it. But I may just be saying that because I do not have an extra $65k :-drink

Sarge261 05-06-2016 10:06 AM

I agree with you,

The biggest pet peeve I have is when they put the reverse light on top in 08. The reverse lighting sucks on these truck and putting it on top made what little light the bulb gave out almost non existent.

I'm not a huge fan of the 17 rear end either, I don't like the tail lights at all. Again some will think I'm crazy for saying that but hey if I'm going to shell out 65k + Id better like most everything about it.

Sarge

ufvj217 05-07-2016 11:36 AM

i like the 11-16 trucks but 99% of the time only if it's modded. stock not so much. main thing is the front end, the lights are so big, i usually like it better with black housed headlights/clear reflectors or some sort of modded headlights.

Brown Falcon 05-10-2016 11:08 PM

2,000 pound dump run and hauling a tractor to spread some topsoil.

http://i1052.photobucket.com/albums/...psxdbtybk8.jpg

http://i1052.photobucket.com/albums/...psns2moc1m.jpg

NorEasterMA 05-11-2016 08:32 AM

A shot from a few months ago when the truck was really getting a workout. Had a 3000# pallet of ice melt out back and my 8' Fisher on the front. Rode like a dream though!

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.for...8bc00b8cbb.jpg

Irish19614x4 05-11-2016 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by The Bone (Post 16261424)
going on a road trip

Perhaps this is old and your not on your road trip but was curious where you pulled it to? I noticed your in California so was wondering which part....nice setup I found that pulling a 5th wheel is by far night and day difference than pulling at the hitch below bumper. My wife and I are going to be buying a camper in six months or so and I'm working to convince her that setup is the way to go. Of course it means no truck bed space so loading trailer and or driving the Ex separate.

I have a older 1980 Toy Hauler now 5th wheel setup and I love pulling it compared to any trailer I have pulled out back. Mind you my truck is a 2005 DRW with 6.0 slightly modded :).

wizkid00104 05-11-2016 09:44 AM

Hauling wood this past weekend

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/l...ps0txtn8ut.jpg

amdriven2liv 05-12-2016 06:14 PM

The cool down.

The Bone 05-13-2016 06:48 AM

Originally Posted by Irish19614x4 (Post 16276588)
Perhaps this is old and your not on your road trip but was curious where you pulled it to? I noticed your in California so was wondering which part....nice setup I found that pulling a 5th wheel is by far night and day difference than pulling at the hitch below bumper. My wife and I are going to be buying a camper in six months or so and I'm working to convince her that setup is the way to go. Of course it means no truck bed space so loading trailer and or driving the Ex separate.

I have a older 1980 Toy Hauler now 5th wheel setup and I love pulling it compared to any trailer I have pulled out back. Mind you my truck is a 2005 DRW with 6.0 slightly modded :).

We are in Texas right now.and the truck is awesome. lots of mountains have been crossed. getting 11.4 MPG's.I live in norcal. so we are doing the southern trip to see some new places. I have the B7W companion hitch and you can remove the hitch and use the truck as a truck.

Irish19614x4 05-13-2016 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by The Bone (Post 16281343)
We are in Texas right now.and the truck is awesome. lots of mountains have been crossed. getting 11.4 MPG's.I live in norcal. so we are doing the southern trip to see some new places. I have the B7W companion hitch and you can remove the hitch and use the truck as a truck.

Nice on the hitch that makes things easy. Mine is older setup but also removable within five minutes by releasing the pins on the rails which is like most setups anyhow. I'll have to research yours is it one of those that can stay attached to trailer when removed?

Anyways enjoy your trip be safe Texas is great place.

FordmanNJ 05-14-2016 09:45 PM

A little fill in the back

1 Attachment(s)
Today, I went to the local landscape supply for some fill for a project around the yard. From what I can find out the weight of the product, fill dirt should be around 2000 pounds a yard. I had 2 yards in the bed. This load took the overall spot of heaviest load in the back to date at almost 4000 pounds if not more. The only regret (besides wishing I had a long bed for these types of projects) was not bring my portable air compressor to air up the bags a bit as they were still set at 10 PSI. However, the truck handled the weight like a boss. The drive from the yard was calculated as the load was heaped and heavy. My tarp was buried in the tool box under the dirt. The load was still intact when I got back to the house. The only problem was the idiot that was tailgating me on the back roads going home. There is still a yard of dirt left in the back since the weather moved in shortening any additional work for the day. I can still feel it back there.