Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Electrical Systems/Wiring (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum62/)
-   -   Expedition 2003 Flasher Problem (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1008916-expedition-2003-flasher-problem.html)

Kingstyle01 11-09-2010 03:37 PM

Expedition 2003 Flasher Problem

Ok my turn signals stopped working as I was driving.

Checked the fuse, its ok, Swapped the flasher unit out after finding it under the steering column. Changed the multi function switch! Still no turn signals??? The Hazards do still work though.

Does anyone know what this might be? Many thanks

Franklin2 11-09-2010 08:23 PM

Are you sure you found the correct flasher? This picture shows a flasher relay in a aux relay box more toward the driver's side kick panel.
AutoZone.com Repair Guide Image)

This wiring diagram also shows it in aux relay box #3.
AutoZone.com Repair Guide Image)

projectSHO89 11-10-2010 06:46 AM

There are two fuses that are used in the turn signal circuit:

F2 in the CJB is needed for both hazard and turn signal operation. It is ALWAYS HOT circuit.
F18 in the CJB is needed for the turn signals and is a HOT IN START OR RUN. If this fuse is blown or its power is otherwise not reaching the flasher module, you will have hazards but no turn signals.

Check F18 as I suspect you only checked F2.

Kingstyle01 11-10-2010 03:00 PM

Thanks guys! I did have the correct Flasher Unit location, but I see that actually! TWO fuses control the flasher. Guess what! I checked the second fuse and it had blown! Wish I had come here first!

Thank you so much for the Diagram. Happy man in Florida now :)

WA8IQO 02-19-2014 02:35 PM

Having the same issue but have discovered an additional problem

Hi everyone - Came across this old posting via a google search. I too am having the same issue but have discovered an additional problem.

I too have no active right and left turn signal with working hazards.

I have a late production 01 (01 1/2) Expedition and not a 03 as original discussed.

I had intermittent working signals that were based on the amount of pressure that was applied to the switch/lever on the steering column. I replaced the turn signal switch/lever thinking this was the problem. Now that the new one is in, I still have no signals but now I have a working rear wiper that I didn't have before. I fixed a issue that I didnt mean to fix because I never my rear wiper, but ok...

Then I replaced the signal relay. I found it next to the hazard relay as discussed in the post. Still nothing...

I have check both F2 and F18 fuses as recommended and they were found to be good. However, F18 appears to have no power on either side of the terminal. I check it using a small 12v test light in the: On, Run and Start position. Nothing... I testing it thinking it was a HOT (+) circuit.

According to my user manual F18 also controls the dash light dimmer function which is working just fine. I remove the fuse and it still works fine. So, that leads me to believe that maybe the 01 and 03 are not the same?

So, with that being said I'm looking for additional troubleshooting suggestions.

Thanks

Curtis Gregory 04-21-2017 05:48 PM

Please help

[QUOTE=projectSHO89;9541463]There are two fuses that are used in the turn signal circuit:

F2 in the CJB is needed for both hazard and turn signal operation. It is ALWAYS HOT circuit.
F18 in the CJB is needed for the turn

Is the cjb the main fuse panel located near passenger door? Or is this a second panel? I have checked all the fuses that I can locate that have to do with the turn signal and it has not fixed the problem

Franklin2 04-22-2017 06:58 AM

CJB is the Central Junction Box and is what Ford calls the fuse box under the dash. The other fuse box is under the hood, called the Battery Junction Box.

Unless you have the exact model and year of the original poster, you may be looking for the wrong fuses.