Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   1999 to 2016 Super Duty (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum30/)
-   -   good source for lower door seals? (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1002346-good-source-for-lower-door-seals.html)

akorcovelos 10-18-2010 05:29 PM

good source for lower door seals?

My truck has been missing the lower door seals since I bought it, and likely much longer given the rust I just fixed along the door bottoms. x(

Does anyone know a good source to get the seals from? Truck is a e99 7.3 sc sb if that makes a difference. The dealer is quoting me $40 per door, so $160 for all 4. Wondering if there is somewhere cheaper to get them from?

sddesigns 10-18-2010 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by akorcovelos (Post 9454101)
My truck has been missing the lower door seals since I bought it, and likely much longer given the rust I just fixed along the door bottoms. x(

Does anyone know a good source to get the seals from? Truck is a e99 7.3 sc sb if that makes a difference. The dealer is quoting me $40 per door, so $160 for all 4. Wondering if there is somewhere cheaper to get them from?

Try Parts Guy Ed, site sponsor here www.partsguyed.com

akorcovelos 10-18-2010 06:01 PM

I don't see a listing for the lower weather stripping, just the uppers...

Parts Guy Wyatt 10-18-2010 06:17 PM

F81Z2520758AA RH and LH - bottom of front door, New design - L shaped - must be mounted on door so when door is closed the L shape closes and makes a V shape, to make a proper seal, also push pins must be installed all the way or weatherstrip will be loose., 1999/2004 ; Ford 250 Series

akorcovelos 10-18-2010 07:04 PM

great! Couldn't find those browsing by make/model. I only see the front doors listed, do you carry the seals for the super cab half doors? Do you carry the push pins as well?

Boss_hoss 10-18-2010 10:14 PM

check your local wrecking/salvage yard. i guarantee they have super duty's, the door seals may not be new but they will be inexpensive, LMC truck might have them too.

Pinky Demon 10-18-2010 10:18 PM

PartsGuyEd for sho.

Don't know if I will re-install my new ones though. Seems all they are good for is collecting nasty and rotting out your lower doors. (Ask me how I know! :-lamesign)

Do they actually keep anything out or what? I haven't noticed anything coming in so far in just rain.

akorcovelos 10-18-2010 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by Boss_hoss (Post 9455313)
check your local wrecking/salvage yard. i guarantee they have super duty's, the door seals may not be new but they will be inexpensive, LMC truck might have them too.

I checked the local yard because I need new mirrors, not one super duty...

Boss_hoss 10-19-2010 12:22 AM

Originally Posted by akorcovelos (Post 9455343)
I checked the local yard because I need new mirrors, not one super duty...

i guess its just my area, super duty's are pretty popular in Oregon.

aldridgec 10-19-2010 06:49 AM

I'm pretty sure they keep splash up out of the bottom door area. the rotting usually comes from the inside out, when the door drains get clogged and runoff from the window/upper door hangs up in side the bottom of the door.

Parts Guy Wyatt 10-19-2010 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by Boss_hoss (Post 9455313)

these things only list for $19 bucks.:rolleyes:

Parts Guy Wyatt 10-19-2010 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by akorcovelos (Post 9454448)
great! Couldn't find those browsing by make/model. I only see the front doors listed, do you carry the seals for the super cab half doors? Do you carry the push pins as well?

1C3Z28253A24A BODY SIDE DOOR LOWER AND 253A25, WEATHERSTRIP: [SUPERCAB NEW DESIGN L SHAPES - MUST BE MOUNTED ON THE DOOR SO WHEN DOOR IS CLOSED THE L SHAPE CLOSES AND MAKES A V SHAPE, TO MAKE A PROPER SEAL, ALSO PUSH PINS MUST BE INSTALLED ALL THE WAY OR WEATHERSTRIP WILL BE LOOSE. CLIPS INC

fabiodriven 03-09-2012 08:11 AM

Hello all. I need the lower strips the OP is referring to, but I also need the same strips for my rear doors as well. I can't seem to find the part# for my rear doors. I have the full 4-door F-350. Thank you.

northwindone 03-09-2012 09:36 AM

I need to replace these on my rear doors as well as one front door. They do keep mud out from between the door and the area right under the inner seal. I don't have an actual part number, but if you look at Parts Guy Ed's website (Horizon Ford, just click his links above or do a Google search for 'partsguyed') you'll find them under:
Collision Catalog - (YEAR) - Ford - F-350 SUPER DUTY
body hardware, rear door, door & components, lower wstrip CREW CAB Left (or right obviously)

fabiodriven 03-09-2012 09:51 AM

It says CREW CAB, which I thought was the half-door trucks. After that it says SUPER CAB which I was thinking my full 4-door truck is, but it doesn't list a strip for the SUPER CAB.