Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Nite, Nascar & Other Limited Edition Ford Trucks (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum178/)
-   -   NASCAR Special Edition (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1002214-nascar-special-edition.html)

1998Nascar 10-18-2010 09:46 AM

NASCAR Special Edition

Hello everyone! I'm new to this site, and it looks like I'm gonna enjoy my visits here.

A bit about me - I have a 1998 NASCAR Special Edition that I bought new on October 31, 1998. It is mostly stock still and is my daily driver on a 63+ mile daily round trip commute. I have added a SuperChips 'FlipChip' mostly to eliminate the speed limiter, but I do sometimes run it on the premium side of things just for a change.

Since owning this truck I have amassed a fair knowledge of it and others like it. I also have the Ford factory service manual for it for things that come up during maintenance. Most importantly is the front end alignment. It is NOT the same as the regular F150, even though most dealers and service shops will tell you that it is.

I have been a maintenance pipefitter for a large company that makes optical fiber, since December of 1994. Before that 1973-1994, I worked as a 'Vehicle Mechanic' and worked on everything from bicycles up to and including diesel electric locomotives, and most anything that you can think of between.

I look forward to seeing how many other NASCAR owners are here.

Ken

98 nascartruck 10-23-2010 07:10 PM

HI Ken and WELCOME to FTE and great to see another NASCAR F-150 owner join here!!!!!

Gordon

Chief Engineer 10-29-2010 12:39 AM

A good friend has a 98 NASCAR that is in great condition.

We live in a fairly small area of Central Florida and believe it or not there is my friend's and another 98, unfortunately the other truck is pretty beat up. It looks like it is used by a painter and has paint all over it.

1998Nascar 10-29-2010 04:50 AM

Originally Posted by Chief Engineer (Post 9494289)
A good friend has a 98 NASCAR that is in great condition.

We live in a fairly small area of Central Florida and believe it or not there is my friend's and another 98, unfortunately the other truck is pretty beat up. It looks like it is used by a painter and has paint all over it.

There are several that I see occasionally running around the areas I haunt. All but one look really nice, but that one is a REAL beater. I don't think that there is a straight panel on the entire truck.

Don't know who any of them belong to either, just see them on the road.

1998Nascar 10-29-2010 04:51 AM

Originally Posted by 98 nascartruck (Post 9474456)
HI Ken and WELCOME to FTE and great to see another NASCAR F-150 owner join here!!!!!

Thank you very kindly sir...

Fordlover55 11-20-2010 03:32 AM

We're a select group. Very limited as to how many of "us" will rule the roads, y'know.