Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   1973 - 1979 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum38/)
-   -   Completed Major Restoration & Modification Projects, Announce only NO replies (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/94772-completed-major-restoration-and-modification-projects-announce-only-no-replies.html)

Torque1st 01-27-2003 10:31 PM

Completed Major Restoration & Modification Projects, Announce only NO replies

Everyone here would like to show off their creations to their fellow 73-79 owners. And we would like to see these projects for ideas and inspiration :-), without looking thru a ton of posts about a new brushguard on a Superduty. By making the announcements here we can all see when someone has a new project completed by looking for the colored Icon :-)

This anchored topic is for the announcement of Completed 73-79 Truck Major Restoration and Modification Projects only. Please limit it to major projects, a new set of wheels or a chrome do-dad etc, while fun, wouldn't constitute a major restoration or modification.

Please limit your posts to announcements only, do NOT post replies in this topic. Use private email, messages, or post comments in the user's Gallery. Comments here will be deleted, but if they get to be a problem I will have to lock this topic and take posts by appointment only. Replies and comments in this topic would destroy the usefulness of the new message icon and would make the topic way too lengthy.

Please place your project photo's in your Gallery. Limit your teaser picture, if any, to less than 10K (some of us have dialup). Post a short description of your project please.

Put as much info on materials, parts, and techniques used as you can in your post for others to learn from. We realize that project trucks may never be complete but if the majority of the planned project has been completed please post. Please do not post wish or to do lists.

Put as many helpful links to suppliers, inspirations, and how-to info as you can in.

Thanks for using FTE! :-X25

Check out the Completed projects in 67-72 forum

-Your Forum Moderator

73supercamperspecial 01-28-2003 08:11 PM

Blue and White 1973 Super Camper Special off frame resto...new glass...new glass rubber and door channel...new interior including paint...crate engine swap 390 C.I.D...K&N cold air intake...Alum intake manifold and new Carb...Hooker Headers...Corvette chrome exhaust tips. I would post some pictures in the Picture Gallery but it won't let me in!

Advance Auto Parts in Kansas City/Overland Park came though with a lot of nice parts.

Ebay was a good source of hard to find items.

http://motorhaven.autoanything.com/ has some hard to find NEW replacement items at reasonable prices.

Special thanks to Shawnee Mission Ford Body and Paint Shop (Stuart is the man!) in Shawnee, KS

Uncle Jim (the Caddy Man) tracked down many parts from the junk yards in Virginia Beach, VA

If you are interested I can email some pictures. I get stopped everywhere I go...every time I drive SCS with questions as to what year is it and does it run as good as it looks.

Frank Austenfeld
-email removed- please use PM or the built in email function.

idahocrewcab 02-15-2003 06:45 PM

If I did this right, there should be some pictures in my gallery of my power steering conversion that I completed in the fall of 2002. Major kudos to my big brother for letting me use his shop and tools. The conversion as I did it would have been much more difficult without the use of his shop and tools.

The pictures and text in the gallery show and describe how I did the conversion. I made a one mistake along the way that's worth mentioning. My biggest mistake was not having the correct pitman arm that goes with the 77.5-79 F-250 4x4 gearbox. I did not have that pitman arm when I trial fitted the gearbox. I used one from a 78 Bronco. I eventually found the correct pitman arm. When I installed it, I found out that the F-250 pitman arm tightened further up the sector shaft. This took away the precious little clearance between the top of the pitman arm and the bottom of the frame. I had to grind on the top of the pitman arm, oval the bolt holes in the frame, and grind on the frame slightly to create enough clearance between the top of the pitman arm and the bottom of the frame.

The conversion works very well, and I am glad I did it. Would I do it again? Not even if my wife asked me.:D

patsplace 02-16-2003 01:43 AM

I got to roll my '79 F250 4X4 Dream Truck out of the paint shop and I was on the road. Looked incredible, Dark Jade Green & Silver, 6" lift Lariat with a custom built Rebco welded steel box with provision for two 35" spares built in on the port and stbd. sides.
Seemed like it was running poorly and took it into a little garage here in Powell River, BC. and the mechanic there (a good one) found a vacuum leak, set the choke up properly and lubed the shift linkage so that it is smooth as a peeled egg now.
The dual 2 1/2" pipes into the Dyanmax cans is just fine with very little restriction and not a lot of noise.
It's a long ways from asking questions on the "Old" FTE and getting my digest back with a ton of info. Thanks to all, and now it's tailligh, side light and driving light installation.

Pat Patrick

Post script: This is a down to the frame, sandblast, replace rivets and back up, making almost everything that I touched new if it wasn't really, really good. I used a '79 Frame, transfer case. front diff and steering. The rest came from a donor '78 Lariat 2WD. Whew!! What a project and it's still not done yet. Lighting, aluminum trim (1/8" marine checker plate) to go on the travelled surfaces of the fenders and wheel wells and a few other trick mods to come yet.
Talk to ya'
Pat

77shortbed 03-03-2003 10:08 PM

77 shortbed 71 model 351C 11.5:1 comp 5.12 isky cam weiand intake/carter carb/aussie style "quench heads"/hooker headers/2.5" pipes & SINGLE chamber flowmasters (nasty sounding little things)/np 435 4 spd/centerforce dual friction clutch/rebuilt trans & t case courtesy of rockland gear....3.55 gears (stock) fresh paint....weird color...flips between a dark maroon to copper...all new rubbers & weatherstrippng...protofab bumpers on the way...will have new pics soon but will need someone to pull them off of my webpage & post them here for me if they would..(webtv cant do stuff like that)..one before pic is on my webpage..link on my profile ...
thanks to Gear/Protofab4x4...www.protofab4x4.com & my good friend Dave Walters for the paint &everyone on these forums for the good info...you guys rock

garypettengill 03-21-2003 09:19 AM

Pretty much done for the winter. Next winter I'll start again. The frame and driveline from the cab back has been restored. Some pictures are in my gallery

oldhalftons 03-22-2003 07:53 PM

I hope this counts as a major modification (it sure was alot of work)

converted a 78 F150 from a column shifted 3 speed to a floorshifted 4OD.

truck was originally a 3 speed with a bolted yoke and a 2 piece driveshaft. I put in a clark 4 speed overdrive transmission. This transmission uses a slip yoke and is about a foot longer than the 3 speed, so i used a one piece driveshaft. I used a new steering column from another truck to get rid of the shift linkage.

this started out as a simple starter replacement job. then I noticed the flywheel ring rear needed to be replaced and since i had to pull the flywheel anyways, I got a case of the "Might as wells" :-X04

cost for this little project:

junkyard transmission rebuilt $670
flywheel resurfaced and ringgear $75
clutch and pressure plate $175
driveshaft fabricated and balanced $300

http://hometown.aol.com/moparmage/private/column.jpg

http://hometown.aol.com/moparmage/private/shift.jpg

74_4X4FourDoorGreenBeast 04-02-2003 08:20 PM

Pics of my completed Drum to Disc change over and Power-asist to '79 power steering box.

http://onlinerock.com/clubs/rr1ggf//ford1.jpg

http://onlinerock.com/clubs/rr1ggf//ford2.jpg

http://onlinerock.com/clubs/rr1ggf//ford3.jpg

http://onlinerock.com/clubs/rr1ggf//ford4.jpg

http://onlinerock.com/clubs/rr1ggf//ford5.jpg

http://onlinerock.com/clubs/rr1ggf//ford6.jpg

78f250lj 04-05-2003 08:45 PM

Well, I finally got my gallery the way I like it. I will take some pictures on the interior when I get the seat back in. All I need to do is re-install my freshly reupholstered seat and finish up the tailgate and it will be done, after almost 2 years. This truck was a learning experience for me. I didn't know anything about body work before this project, but my dad taught me. It was a lot of fun working on it with him. I am going to keep this truck till the day I die.

Lenny

CHinz 04-15-2003 09:23 PM

I have owned my 76 F250 Highboy for the last 10 years. I am the 2nd owner but could never justify the cost of restoring it, although I've always wanted to. So I did.

All minor dents and dings were removed. New two tone paint with black pinstripes. I kept the original Saddle color because of the cost of changing colors but added the white. All the chrome is new all the way down to the door handles and rain gutters. The only thing I kept was the Body side mouldings (expensive to replace). A 4" lift on top of the factory high boy lift was added. This evens out the rake original by the factory. New springs in front and an add a leaf in back. New shocks, mud flaps, tinted rear slider, rear bumper and heavy duty hitch.

A new canopy and fender flares with matiching paint. Interior is new with new carpet, sound deadner, heat shield, door panels, floor mats, seat vinyl, and speakers. New wheels (16x10) Ultra 164's and 37" SSR Super Swampers. Spray in bed liner makes the bed look new.

New transmission, carberator, Flex plate and motor mounts. Of course many parts have been improved or replaced over the 10 years. The block was replaced by the original owner in 1991. Heads rebuilt, new radiator, brakes, bearings, part time kit (original full time 4wheel drive), starter, alternator, etc. etc. etc.
I'm sure I have over $20,000 invested. Not sure I would invest the money again, but it sure was fun.

The pictures tell the story... See what you think

Click on Viewers Gallery then 76 Money Pit

Vampiro 05-03-2003 10:56 PM

new cab corners, fender patch panels, shaved the indent from where the cab meets the roof, fresh candy apple red paint, rock gaurded, black alloy rims with chrome center caps and acorn nuts. will have pics soon. need them to be devoloped. im proud of my "new" old truck

snowfighter 05-09-2003 09:25 AM

Just finished my motor last night its a 400. Pics will be up soon.
Great oil pressure 80/50 with a standard pump. The motor has 60 miles on it now and its better than my expectaions.

.020 over flat tops
Crane powermax cam, lifters, and springs and lifters
Heads all new, stock
Block .010/.010
headers Duals 2 1/2 all the way
Elderbrock double roller timing set, intake sp2p and a 1406 carb
K&N 14 By 6 air filter
Taylor Wires
Accel super coil
Centerforce dual friction clutch
Elderbrock chrome
Motorhaven bolt kit

GeneStoner 05-11-2003 02:02 AM

Just got my 1974 on the road after going through almost all of the mechanicals. Still more to come though...

http://fordsix.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4823

GeneStoner 05-11-2003 02:31 AM

For those of you who might be interested in doing it yourself someday...

Removed non working links.

The rear disc portion is forthcoming...

bigsnag 06-25-2003 08:50 PM

Been finished for a while, but just now got my pics and my gallery up to speed. Check it out and LMK what you think. I still have to add the "before" pictures. It was half restoration, half beautification. Anyone can email me with replies or questions thru the system email.

Thanks.

JJ

EFI-79 06-26-2003 12:23 PM

I completely built my 79' F-350 from ground up. I put a 93' EFI 460 into it. It has a C6 tranny. Dana 70 rear end with 4:10 Gears. My cousin and I did all the paint. The inside and outside are completely custom. Plus I got rid of that ugly dash. I have MSD ignition, weld rims, BFG tires. Plus lots of extras.

RangerWoman 06-26-2003 02:26 PM

I just got it going now. The pics aren't the greatest, but I'll update when I can. I've been putting off doing this until my HOOD ORNAMENT gets here, but it is still on Backorder!!

If it ever comes, it is a 6.5" Rearing Horse!!! :)

Highboy70 07-24-2003 05:10 PM

Just got done with my winter improvements! My 1970 F250 is mounted on a 1974 4x4 frame. I upgraded to a 76 Disc brake front end(best improvement I ever made), changed both axles gearing from 4:09/4:10 to 3:54's on both. replaced cab mounts and, driver's side flooboard. Put a 78 4x4 power steering gearbox in(see pics), 2 inch over (stock highboy) Skyjacker softride springs. Replaced the old seat with one out of a 93 crew cab. I'll try to get some pics of the whole project in my gallery soon.

ranger429 07-25-2003 08:23 PM

i just finished after 4 years my 79 f250 ford 4x4 with a complete frame off redo, not really a restoration as the truck only had 672 documented miles on it when i got it 6 1/2 years ago. it now has 7800 on it. frame was sandblasted and painted, converted to a 70 429 with the L+L engine swap kit, 30 over with a cam, roller rockers,stealth intake and a holley 750. it rides on a custom lift with dual rancho's on each corner of the front and rear dana 60'swith 4.10 gears and has dick cepeck 36" fun country radial's. some pictures are up in the gallery, i will have to post a few more of it
before i did the motor swap the truck appraised out at 18,000 dollars, i am sure the appraisal went down doing the motor conversion but it is something i have been wanting to do since my first f150 when i was 18

sigtauenus 08-17-2003 05:07 PM

I know the job isn't completely done, but latest pics are added into the gallery.

Entire truck sandblasted and primered. Cab is done with new paint, all new weatherstripping (separate post on that one). Also got mostly new front suspension and steering. New carpet and a dash cover installed. Seat will have new upholstery as sooon as I get some hog ring pliers to put it on.

Bed is currently primered, needs some attention in a couple spots and will hopefully have paint by Christmas.

smaynor 08-19-2003 08:14 AM

After a 2-year search for "just the right truck", and a one-year restoration, "Scud" was finished in May of 2003. The body was very straight and rust-free, but the bed was in sad shape. I replaced the bed with one from a salvage yard. Price for bed and tailgate...$125. What a steal!

The truck was completely disassembled, the engine rebuilt, all new weatherstripping, interior redone, etc...

The color is 1988 Ford Medium Sandalwood and the frame is painted gloss black.

It was never intended to be a show truck, just a really clean daily driver. I have since put around 1000 miles on him and he is running great.

Just want to say that I enjoy the forum a lot, and even though I don't post much, I am on almost every day. Lots of nice trucks and great information here.

Pics are in my gallery. Hope you enjoy...

Stacey Maynor

zonker27 09-05-2003 10:36 PM

Just completed a frame-off restoration on my '79 F100. I purchased it new in 1979, put 287K miles on it, pretty much used her up.

In February of 2002, started disassembly. Every part was blasted, dipped, or replaced with NOS or better. Parts acquired from just about any source out there, including eBay, ***, Motor Haven, and several salvage yards.

Frame, suspension, and entire underbody shot with black urethane. Inside of bed has RhinoLiner sprayed on.
The interior was pretty much put back original, but I added Dynomat sound deadener on the floor, firewall, and inside the doors. That helps the Kenwood KDC-X859 CD/MP3/Receiver sound as good as possible. I also added a 3 zone seat warmer as I was rebuilding the seat (I got used to warm seats in the winter while driving a '98 F150 Lariat).

The paint is matched to the original Ford color code 'T' (Candy Apple Red), but instead of the factory lacqer, we shot 4 coats of red followed by 6 coats of clear. Then we spent 3 weeks blocking and rubbing the clear down to what you see in the pictures.

Under the hood, I still have the original 302, but rebuilt it with a Comp Extreme Cam, Edlebrock RPM heads and Intake, Holly Street Avenger 670 Carb, Hooker Jet Hot coated headers, MSD Ready to run Distributer and wires. Runs great, turning an older Tremec 4 speed OD manual transmission, followed by a 3.50 Locker rear end. Whole thing rolls on Michelin 31x10.50x15's mounted on Mickey Thompson Classic II wheels.

As far as performance, it'll go from a dead stop to 60 in just over 6 seconds, which isn't too bad considering it still gets about 16 MPG on the highway. Haven't had time to get to a track to check the 1/4 mile time yet, but that time is coming. Besides, it's my every day driver, and I really don't want to torque on it too much.

Along the way, I got a lot of great advise from the guys on this board, and have referred many to this site to help them with their projects. Thanks again for all your help!

jamessl1 09-16-2003 04:45 PM

Just finished her up. Still waiting on my bucket seats. 400v8 30 over. Machined heads,screw in studs,Manley guide plates, roller rockers. comp RV cam. High volume oil pump,TRW pistons.Holley aluminum intake,Holley670cfm4bblsingle pumper 4x4carb,weiland aluminum waterpump,moroso high rise chrome valve covers.K&Nair filter, dual battery system with MEAN GREEN alternator. Rattleguard spray in bedliner. Body painted with Dupont Imron Phantom Grey, POR15 on the frame and cab floor.High power stereo system. Soon to get new springs on all four corners from Skyjacker and some bigger tires. Started in the spring..took some time off of work so I could get it done before fall. If I got paid 5 bucks an hour for the time spent we could all go to Disneyland...LOL:D

goonski 10-07-2003 02:18 PM

Hi, everyone. My truck that I am working on is a 78 F250 4x4. The powertrain cosists of a swapped in 460, C6 auto, NP 205 case, Dana 44 front, Dana 60 rear axle. Engine mods include, 750 carter AFB carb, Crane Powermax 272 cam, 30 over forged pistons, shaved heads, ported, hooker headers, flowmaster exhaust. The transmission has a stage 3 shift kit, 2000 stall converter and much beefier clutches. The Tcase is stock, rear end has a posi while the front end has a limited slip. Suspension is lifted 6" using Rancho springs and shocks. I am running 16.5 x 14 monster wheels and 17x40x16.5 Monster mudders. The body is lifted 2". All of the body modifications I done myself which include, a tilting front end that is all the original front sheet metal and the original hood still opens in the factory way. Custom made rad support, battery relocated to inside of frame behind cab, under the bed. Both fuel tanks were removed an a custom tank that is now in bed made from checkerplate alumininum. In cab the stock auto trans steering column is gone in favor of a column from a 79 F350 manual trans, and installed a B&M floor shifter. Right now I'm still working on the body as I have 1 cab corner installed and have 1 to go. Both doors were replaced with new ones. What really slowwed this project down was trying to find a new box! The old one was rusted terribly from having a box liner in it, the floor was full of holes. I eventually found a good box with a perfect floor but needed new sides. The new sides need to be put on yet. Still need to do some small things yet like whetherstripping and such. Hope to have on the road for next spring.

78xtra4x4 10-15-2003 08:58 PM

I built a '78 F-250 short bed super cab 4x4. After seeing the articles in OFF-ROAD a few years ago, I got lucky and found a cherry short super cab F-100 for a deal and then located an F-250 4X4 organ donor. They did a 1/2 ton 4x4, so they weren't much help. I did it virtually alone over the course of a year (except for spraying the paint). I drive it daily and have over 40,000 miles on it in just over 3 years.
All suspension hangers,steering, crossmembers, etc. are factory Ford F-250 parts with Superlift 4" springs, velvet ride shackles, Trailmaster SSV shocks.
The 2wd, AT, AC, carpet truck is now 3/4 ton, 4x4, granny 4-speed, rubber mat, brushed aluminum door panels with 4.10 posi.
I pull a 10,000 lb. trailer (with tractor and harrow) occasionally.
Even the spring hangers for the rear axle had to be changed because the 3/4's springs are wider than the 2wd. It has dual crossmembers in the front because I left the i-beam crossmember in place and trimmed the bottom before welding in the entire section from the 4wd. The axles are more square with each other than most of the factory trucks and it drives perfect.
Removing the AC was hard because I had to put a plate over the gaping hole in the firewall and the add the standard heater.
Driveshafts are custom made at Cline's.
Sorry if I rambled , but there's really too much too list. As I put in a reply to someone else thinking about doing this - I love my truck but I don't know if I would do it again.

gdavis2265 10-16-2003 09:01 AM

Lime Green CrewCab

(pics in gallery)

I searched for a few years for a decent 67-72 Crewcab Shortbed 4X4 F250 highboy. I never found one in good condition, so I ended up selling my new truck and buying a junker out of a field. This truck literally had a hay bale in the rear seat, almost nothing was usable on it. Everyone called me crazy, heck even my daughter would not ride in it when I finally got it on the road and was halfway drive-able. (when she first saw the truck, she screamed and yelled "It looks like a tow truck!") This kicker here was it was my only transportation and trying to do a major resto was near impossible. I finally finished the project in just over a year and over 16K (way over what I originally thought it would cost) But, pretty much every thing is new or rebuild, I guess really the only thing I haven't rebuild was the transfer case and the front drive line. (I still need a new slipyoke on the drive line, has a slight vibration above 45 in 4wd) Please check out my gallery for some more details. BTW, I couldn't have done it without this forum and all you guys. I have learned a lot!

F350NUT 11-12-2003 11:36 PM

I restored my 76 F250 Highboy back in 91'. It took about nine months and about $3000. I did most of the work myself, the guy I bought it from helped paint it. Has a 390, NP203 transfer case and 4 speed tranny, custom front bumper and factory shell.
I just purchased a 79 F350 supercab 4x4 that I am getting ready to restore. There goes all my free time and my paycheck, oh well you got to love it.

infoford 11-28-2003 10:19 PM

1979 Four Door Bronco

This Project is done I was smart enought to take pictures of the project as it went along

http://www.ncspecialties.com/autobod...door/index.htm

this a direct link to all the pictures and descriptions

itlkick 12-03-2003 04:34 PM

Without saying too much - 78 F350 4x4 Dually Supercab (Ford never made one so I did).

www.8lug.com

fordlover 12-31-2003 05:45 PM

Originally bought by my father in 1990 as a Farm Truck from a local farmer. Used by myself as high school vehicle and given to me when dad bought his 97 PSD.
Frame off Resto on rear, blasted rest of frame and underneath of cab, all was painted and under-coated. Tired of my truck bed always rusting thru, so I put a flat bed on it that I came across. Very nice usable piece, kinda like the look even. Extra leaf springs in front and rear.
Interior removed, all new paint, new carpets, and dash pad. With 105,000 or so miles, new 460 in the works as we speak!!
Dad loves driving it now as much as he does his new one, if not more!!

mclaughlin31 01-31-2004 10:23 PM

My project isn't done but I thought some people might be interested in some of the modifications I have made thus far.
The truck is a 77 ford F-100 2WD, started life as a 300-6 with three on the tree. Now it has a 468 Big Block with D3 heads, roller rockers,4X4 comp Cam, HV oil pump, eldebrock intake and water pump, holley fuel pump, L&L headers, motor mounts, and pulleys, Ford Racing Tall Valve Covers, engine painted by hand with POR-15 medium ford Blue engine paint. I have a TCI Streetfighter C-6 tranny, an Auburn Pro-series differential. The frame is painted charcoal grey metallic.
The Cab is painted hot-lips red(I know, I know:p )
The cab received new floor panels, new cab mounts, new rear floor section, new roof(terrible job, think seriously before ever putting a hole in your roof).
The front speaker, defroster holes, cowl vent holes, antenna, cowl badge holes, heater blower hole in firewall have all been shaved, also filled all the holes in the cowl, including the cowl seal holes, the windshield washer hose holes, all plugs and screw holes. Also shaved the drip rails(job made easier by having the roof off, also filled the front and rear roof seam to make them smooth. On the inside the glovebox, cig lighter, ashtray have all been shaved. I also made a plate out of aluminum thats going to house my autometer ultralites.
I have a few various pics in my gallery, I know that I love to check out everyone else's galleries when they do something a little different, so figured I should share also.
Before anyone ask, I'm only going to drive this in the summer on good days, hopefully no need for heater or windshield washers, I really want to keep everything as clean and smooth as possible, and I guess I have to give a little in order to do that.
Take Care, and hope everyone likes.
James

crewcab77 02-02-2004 08:36 AM

Mods to my truck

Lets see the mods that i did already. Pulled out the tired 400 and replaced with a fress 460. 3in exhaust with raven mufflers. Replaced the front bench with a set of 96 ford windstar buckets. ( had dodge seats in before and got alot of slack for that). Center console out of a 99 ford superduty. Upper console out of a mini van(dodge). Recovered the headliner and door panel inserts. New carpet. replaced the 4:10 gears for 3;54. Things i want to do yet full restoration. Power windows,power door locks, Ac. :-X25

toyotaguy 02-08-2004 12:38 AM

73 F100

73 f100
started out as a standard cab long bed
now is a super cab short bed
73-96 fiberglass front end conversion
roll cage front to rear
21.5 inches of travle in fornt
20 inches of travle in rear
351 winsor and built c-4
thats just a little taste
projects almost donehttp://www.prerunners.net/membersrid...es.asp?page=99 Oo. Oo.
ps click on the pic then scroll down

sigtauenus 03-06-2004 08:44 PM

Major cosmetic surgery complete: New paint, new shiny parts, new interior upholstery, carpet and dash pad, all new weatherstrip, etc.

Pictures updated in my gallery along with a "before" pic.

xfoa_chad 03-17-2004 09:27 AM

ok heres my old

http://www.fordtrucks.com/forums/sho...hreadid=155485

now for the new

I am currently working on a early 77(76 late) f-150 short bed

i picked up a 2000 wrecked police interceptor with 36000 miles on it

we cut the crusier and removed the police special 4.6 and auto tranny carefull to take all the wires and harnesses including the o2, tank and guage pod we will be transplanting this into the truck it willl have a 3.55 9" with molser axles we will be installing shorty equal headers upside down and reversed i bought some flange plates to bolt 2 thats right 2 mistubishi te04 to each header i have located a dual inlet intercooler with a 4" outlet that will run to the acufab 80mm throtle body it has cobra injectors on the motor already so i wont have to up grade that. i hope to have this completed by next spring to compete in the true street and truck division of FFW and NMRA .. We hope that it will put out about 675 to the wheels with run out on the turbos at 10 psi all under the 6000rpm mark

i will be making my custom subframe connectors like i had on my old truck

quadrazer 04-19-2004 11:05 PM

Finished my dually conversion!!

Oo. Well, the body is done! I finally finished the dually conversion and it looks pretty good! While not perfect (my first ever attempt at body work), it turns a head or two! Sounds good also with the 460 flowing through a flowmaster exhaust! Just some interior and minor engine work left to do. Check out the pics in my gallery! Hope everyone likes it!!

dabmdb 05-10-2004 12:19 PM

Photos of new Skyjacker 4" Suspension Lift

I just posted in my gallery before and after pictures of my 75 F250 4x4 with newly installed Skysjacker 4" suspension lift and new shocks for anyone who is interested.
Don

74f100 06-08-2004 10:19 AM

Finished the 302. Also got wheels on yesterday.
302-.040 over, performer cam, intake & carb. 1 5/8 headers (will be 2 1/2 with flowmasters). Accel billet dist. Runs and drives awsome, and been running about 18-19mpg.

RealMenDriveBigBloks 06-18-2004 01:31 AM

1979 F-150 long bed $800 with a 302, 2bbl. Project was to swap in a 460.

Got the 460 w/C-6 from the local salvage yard, out of a 1973 lincoln continental. It had been sitting in the weeds for 2 years. Had all the brackets adn pulleys (miraculously). Stripped it down completely, had the block dipped, magnafluxed, ultrasonic'd, bored and honed (.060 over). New custom polyeurythane motor mounts so it mounts in to the stock 302 towers. Turned the stock crank 0.10 and magnafluxed the stock rods. Got some KB hypereutectic pistons with 10.7:1 compression on the stock 92cc cast iron heads, which were completely rebuilt with new valves, Crane roller rockers and stud mount conversion kit, comp 280 series Magnum cam, comp push rods and new hydro lifters, comp double helix springs. Edelbrock Torker II single plane manifold, Edelbrock 800 Performer EPS carb, Hedman headers, dual Flowmaster 40 series mufflers, comp double roller 3 key timing chain, Edelbrock high volume mech. fuel pump. B&M shift kit. MSD Digital 6 Plus brain, MSD billet distributor, MSD Blaster 2 coil, MSD Super Conductor wire set, Melling HV oil pump, Milodon baffled oil pan, stock water pump. No mods to the deck height or heads. New lighter stronger shorter drive shaft.

We moved the stock mounts back about 2 inches so the new electric fan woudl clear the pulleys. Ripped out the heater system, core, blower, tubing, even the control on the dash. Ripped out the radio too. That space is now occupied by the new gauges and the control switch for the burn out rev limiter.

We found the following nearly hilariously messed up situations from the previous owner.

The motor mounts where held on by 2 extremely loose bolts on each mount, the mounts where not in the stock position either (hence why there where only 2 holes for each mount). The tranny mount was broken and only 1 bolt even holding the piece on. The thing had so many vacuum leaks the brakes didnt work right. One motor mount wasnt even bolted down. The vacuum advance wasn't even connected, with no vacuum line run anywhere near it, so it didnt just fall off. He got a tall air cleaner, which then wouldnt fit with the stock stud, so HE CRUSHED IT TO MAKE IT FIT :) But he had some cheap ass chrome valve covers and air cleaner. The valve covers leaked oil so bad I dont think he used gaskets :rolleyes: The poor thing wouldnt barely run.

Oh, and this guy's dad OWNS a MOTOR SHOP and rebuilt this engine, he even SIGNED it, like he is some famous engine rebuilder :lol:

Me and my buddy gave this thing some desperately needed TLC. First we fixed all the PO's bullhockey. Eventually we just decided she needed a new power plant, the old one just wasnt cutting it, wouldnt barely turn the tires on gravel unless you locked the converter first.

This diamond in the rough had the following going for it though. Ford 9" Posi. No rot on the cab area except the floorboards. No frame rot. Suspension was in good condition, except it needed new bushings on the king pins. new shocks, new tie-rods, etc.

The engine shop I used (NOT this guys oh god, oww my head hurts just thinking that this guy actually works on peoples stuff) didnt bore it right the first time, it was way loose, and they missed a giant pit on the #4 cylinder wall, they said ti was .030 over but we think they honed it to .040 trying to get the pit out, then tried to BS us saying it was low enough it wouldnt matter. I measured it from the deck and it would have had one or more rings crossing it every cycle. I made them rebore it to .060 and they nearly had to buy new pistons since they pressed the .030 over ones on the rods already. Lucky for them the speed shop took them back and just made us reuse the old pins and charged us the shipping fee.

After putting it all together I only have one problem now, the damned tires just want to roast at the slightest touch of the throttle, which I suppose is a good thing :)

Now thanks to me and my buddy fixing all his riggins, its runs great, turns tires AND heads with the touch of a throttle!

BigGreen'77 06-21-2004 09:23 PM

Ill spare you the details and just say with the addition of some decent seats, a new winch, and some new carpet, my truck is 99% finished.

Its a '77 F-150 4X4. See my gallery for pics & Specs.