Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   1980 - 1986 Bullnose F100, F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum37/)
-   -   What have you done to your truck today? (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1004055-what-have-you-done-to-your-truck-today.html)

KsCop 10-25-2014 09:49 PM

Run. Run away long..

FordPUMan 10-25-2014 10:03 PM

I found a tach cluster at a wrench a part today so I'll have a tach. I've NEVER seen as many dirt dobber nests in one area as there was in and around the instrument area. There was one in each of the little compartments for turn signals, hi beam etc as well as many other places.

FordFETruck 10-25-2014 10:56 PM

Originally Posted by ctubutis (Post 14769203)
Good for 10 horsepower and improved low-end response, I'm sure.

:-X04

And about 5 MPG.

Bluey Zedoff 10-26-2014 04:03 AM

Sorry, posted in wrong forum area!

61 EFFIE 10-26-2014 02:56 PM

1961 F100 Shorty Stepside- Former USAF/ Then PSU Truck

Today I got 3 extra keys cut for Effie Belle. Only had one original. Rather Safe than Sorry:-wink
Patrick

ArdWrknTrk 10-26-2014 04:37 PM

Today I tried to install my new Warn Premium hubs in preparation for winter.

found I have a destroyed outer U-joint on the passenger side and I can't push the axle stub out far enough to engage the snap ring. :(

Ken Blythen 10-26-2014 11:45 PM

After meaning to for a year or so, I replaced the window run channels & anti-rattle pieces today; also the door weatherstrips.

The window kit went well - wind & rattles are GONE :); but the doors are a frustration, with the new seals not allowing the doors to shut without a hard slam. :(
I've adjusted the posts to ease the pressure, but it's nowhere near right. I'll just have to see if they compress/improve with some use.

Gary Lewis 10-27-2014 07:52 AM

Ken - Most of the guys who have done that report the same problem initially. But that they do compress with time. I sure hope so as my body man reported the same problem on Dad's truck.

ArdWrknTrk 10-27-2014 08:36 AM

My door seals are much better now.
I changed them a few years ago.
(Aftermarket LMC stuff)

1986F150six 10-27-2014 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by FordFETruck (Post 14769530)
And about 5 MPG.

Plus flatter cornering at speed! }>

KsCop 10-27-2014 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by Ken Blythen (Post 14772054)
After meaning to do so for a year or so, I replaced the window run channels & anti-rattle pieces today; also the door weatherstrips.

The window kit went well - wind & rattles are GONE :); but the doors are a frustration, with the new seals not allowing the doors to shut without a hard slam. :(
I've adjusted the posts to ease the pressure, but it's nowhere near right. I'll just have to see if they compress/improve with some use.

I'm not sure what seals you used, but when I did mine I used the ones from Dennis Carpenter. They are also sold by JC Whitney; made by Precision Restoration Parts and come in a green bag.

Those seals seemed to be softer than the ones from LMC and while I need to shut the door a little harder, it's not bad at all.

RL250 10-27-2014 02:50 PM

I got the scrap out of the back and made $50. Had to put it into the Nissan.

85lebaront2 10-27-2014 04:17 PM

Actually not to but with. Drove truck and Aluma trailer to Newport News Saturday to unload my Craftsman/Husqvarna crossbreed load up the snowblower for the Ford and other 460 short block. Left the trailer there and went to Gloucester County to work on a Chevy K2500 454 conversion from TBI to SEFI. Came back Sunday to Newport News, hooked up the trailer and loaded the Ford YT16H. I also brought back a bunch of other stuff, a 1969 CJ carb, my can of miscellaneous carb parts and my good computer chair.

Ken Blythen 10-28-2014 02:25 AM

Originally Posted by Gary Lewis (Post 14772480)
Ken - Most of the guys who have done that report the same problem initially. But that they do compress with time. I sure hope so as my body man reported the same problem on Dad's truck.

Originally Posted by ArdWrknTrk (Post 14772596)
My door seals are much better now.
I changed them a few years ago.
(Aftermarket LMC stuff)

Thanks Gary/Jim.......that sounds encouraging.

Originally Posted by KsCop (Post 14773328)
I'm not sure what seals you used, but when I did mine I used the ones from Dennis Carpenter. They are also sold by JC Whitney; made by Precision Restoration Parts and come in a green bag.

Those seals seemed to be softer than the ones from LMC and while I need to shut the door a little harder, it's not bad at all.

Mine was a Fairchild kit, with all the window & door seal pieces (excluding the vent window) - for $97 IIRC. They look & feel good quality, there's just the door closing issue.

I can't see a difference to the original weatherstripping by eye, so hopefully a little time.....

Sure is a pleasure to ride in now though :)

85lebaront2 10-28-2014 07:02 AM

I got lucky when I stripped the rear doors and interior from the 1996 truck. The weatherstripping was in excellent condition. Considering I haven't found any rear door weatherstrip available aftermarket, that was great. Truck is quieter than our 2005 Chrysler Town and Country.