Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Excursion - King of SUVs (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum29/)
-   -   What did you do to the X today? (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/980894-what-did-you-do-to-the-x-today.html)

az_r2d1 02-25-2013 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by patliston (Post 12881059)
3/8 OD x 1/4 ID x 50' latex tubing. Aisle 15 if your Lowes has the same layout as mine. My Lowes sells it in bulk and packaged precut. You want bulk. You will have enough left over to build a sling shot but not enough to do the rear hatch and doors. You will need a can of spray silicone. My Lowes had cans with permanently attached tube nozzles at aisle 69. You will need a fish tape at least 15' long. I bought a 50 footer. I don't recall the aisle but it was with the electrical tools.

I used electrical tape to connect the tubing to the fish tape for the first pull. After that there was so much silicone on the fish tape that it wouldn't hold so I clipped the tubing on to the hook and folded about 3 inches back upon itself. And don't be stingy with the silicone: you won't like it if the tubing hangs up in the weather stripping.

Someone posted a link to a u-tube video on doing this mode. I'm pretty sure it's on this forum. Plenty of others have posts with instructions.

Good luck.

found it on amazon but it says it may not be continuous....

riggers 02-25-2013 06:56 PM

No B-Uno, up by Lubbock.

Tom 02-25-2013 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by patliston (Post 12881059)
Someone posted a link to a u-tube video on doing this mod. I'm pretty sure it's on this forum. Plenty of others have posts with instructions.

Yup:

Seeing you guys talk about this finally got me to order the tubing to get this done. Tired of the rear doors rattling!

Funny, when you look at the reviews most of them talk about using this to fix their weather stripping in their Ford trucks. Even better, when you make the purchase it takes you to a page that tells you what everyone else who bought this was buying. First three items up are FISH TAPE! :-jammin

sammie0126 02-25-2013 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by riggers (Post 12882072)
Yep and nope. But the boredom is starting to set in since my well isn't working suddenly and the elec keeps going out. It would warm me up......hmmm.

Hey now I thought you didn't go outside if it got below 40 degrees - you must be freezing.

Skinsfan6 02-25-2013 08:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Pulled my oil cooler off on my Ex this weekend to replace the O-rings and gaskets and stop my bad oil leak. PITA. Aside from things just not coming apart easily, the top bolt on the front mount was very tight the whole way out. When I got it out the last half inch or so of threads was toast. When I put it back together I noticed this.
Attachment 225458
Luckily the bolt went back in and torqued to spec. I'm still pretty worried about long term though. No oil leaks so far after 100 miles. :-X10

Also flushed the coolant and refilled with Zerex ELC

riggers 02-25-2013 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by sammie0126 (Post 12883621)
Hey now I thought you didn't go outside if it got below 40 degrees - you must be freezing.

Well I can make the jog from the front door to the EX. Though I decided to forego a beerrun.

wpnaes 02-25-2013 08:03 PM

No es bueno. IMO it'll hold fine.

Skinsfan6 02-25-2013 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by wpnaes (Post 12883666)
No es bueno. IMO it'll hold fine.

Pray for me. With me.

AlaskanEx 02-25-2013 09:37 PM

i'll be doing the door mod!

Skip, your wife was behind me today turning from c street onto dowling. whos idea was the black bumper/grill? lol btw the lower plastic on the drivers side is falling off. just thought you should know. looked good though! need the new style headlights badly.

cooperfamily 02-25-2013 10:09 PM

I contacted a shop about 2 hours away from me asking if they have any V / B springs. I got email back with a price of $350 and a remark " I believe they are V and B ". Is this a fair price and is there any identifying marks on the springs to tell me what they are?

Thanks

Sunline Fan 02-25-2013 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by AlaskanEx (Post 12884182)

I did that on my black Ex and it made a HUGE difference, and I didn't even use the correct tubing. I'll have to do it to this one eventually, but it isn't that bad yet.

paraskr 02-25-2013 10:49 PM

Tubing on Ebay for door mod

I was glad I bought two rolls, both were not continuous, the end piece not long enough for a door. A very nice improvement of the door seal quality, with enough left over for the tennis ball sling shot!

EXv10 02-26-2013 01:06 AM

Originally Posted by sammie0126 (Post 12883621)

The power goes out here in the winter sometimes and it can stay out all day when the high temp for the day is about 32*, then I have to put my snowmobile suit on...................beats being homeless though.

AlaskanEx 02-26-2013 01:23 AM

Originally Posted by EXv10 (Post 12884740)
The power goes out here in the winter sometimes and it can stay out all day when the high temp for the day is about 32*, then I have to put my snowmobile suit on...................beats being homeless though.

my power goes out the generator comes out instantly and the whole house is lit up like normal and furnace is running. we had 2 storms this fall that we were out of power for 5-7 days each time, had heat lights and cable tv/internet still :)

Sunline, luckily mine dont really rattle(my '00 had the rear doors that did) but they dont sound very solid when i shut the doors. eerks me.

Skip1970 02-26-2013 02:29 AM

Originally Posted by AlaskanEx (Post 12884182)

Skip, your wife was behind me today turning from c street onto dowling. whos idea was the black bumper/grill? lol btw the lower plastic on the drivers side is falling off. just thought you should know. looked good though! need the new style headlights badly.

I hate chrome with a passion thats why black bumper grill, we ran over avsnow bank and that stupid plastic broke, not sure if i will bother fixing it, might if i get bored.

I got that one newer light i bought from u still looking for a match for it.

U dhould car pool with my wife so i can save fuel money , u govto work at 430am too?