Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   British Columbia (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum165/)
-   -   BC's Ho Ho Holy It's Dec BS/Chat (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1119437-bcs-ho-ho-holy-its-dec-bs-chat.html)

Sparky83 12-06-2011 12:34 AM

Originally Posted by Zip (Post 11119145)
They always seem to know when you have a little extra cash.

sure does... since september ive been trying to get rid of a bad vibration its been having.. which think i have it almost gone now too... started out with bad tie rods, which since i was replacing those i went ahead and did the ball joints.. but didnt solve the problem... changed the trans mount since it was split half way through... got it a little better but still bad... then did the u-joints, no change.. recently i changed the bushins in the frame and springs since the springs were literally twisting where the bushings were at... which i replaced them with polys but in the process of doing that i found that my rear shocks were shot... and when i checked the front ones they were just as shot... but least now its running smoother...but can still feel it there a little... still want to do the front ones and then have the tires checked again....

which before all that started i had to fight with the inspectors to get it to pass... everytime i took it in they "found" something new... fogs didnt go out when the highs came on, seat belts that hadnt worked in 10 years were suddenly "not passable" then they said my tires were rotted too bad that i needed new ones.... took me $800 just to pass inspection this year...

i swear my truck has the perfect nickname "money pit",,, ohh and last week the window bearing that actually pushes and pulls on the window to make it go up and down broke in 3 pieces so im waiting on the parts to get here to fix that... by time i get done fixing this truck itll be pretty brand new lol..

crash1 12-06-2011 12:34 AM

Ya no kidding

Sparky83 12-06-2011 12:35 AM

Originally Posted by Steve GG (Post 11119154)
I would rather not be debt full.

me too......

Zip 12-06-2011 12:37 AM

I think every country is debt full.

Steve GG 12-06-2011 12:38 AM

Sounds like a lot of aggravation..

Zip 12-06-2011 12:39 AM

Originally Posted by Sparky83 (Post 11119158)
sure does... since september ive been trying to get rid of a bad vibration its been having.. which think i have it almost gone now too... started out with bad tie rods, which since i was replacing those i went ahead and did the ball joints.. but didnt solve the problem... changed the trans mount since it was split half way through... got it a little better but still bad... then did the u-joints, no change.. recently i changed the bushins in the frame and springs since the springs were literally twisting where the bushings were at... which i replaced them with polys but in the process of doing that i found that my rear shocks were shot... and when i checked the front ones they were just as shot... but least now its running smoother...but can still feel it there a little... still want to do the front ones and then have the tires checked again....

which before all that started i had to fight with the inspectors to get it to pass... everytime i took it in they "found" something new... fogs didnt go out when the highs came on, seat belts that hadnt worked in 10 years were suddenly "not passable" then they said my tires were rotted too bad that i needed new ones.... took me $800 just to pass inspection this year...

i swear my truck has the perfect nickname "money pit",,, ohh and last week the window bearing that actually pushes and pulls on the window to make it go up and down broke in 3 pieces so im waiting on the parts to get here to fix that... by time i get done fixing this truck itll be pretty brand new lol..

On a positive note it should be pretty solid once you are done.

My Bronco is going to need an inspection before I can drive it. It was pulled off the road before it got parked.

Sparky83 12-06-2011 12:42 AM

Originally Posted by Steve GG (Post 11119167)
Sounds like a lot of aggravation..

sure is... i was thinking i was finally going to get to enjoy my truck for awhile... (especially driving to and from work all week and only using 1/2 a tank instead of using it up every 3 - 4 in the stang) but noo... goes and breaks something new,,,

Sparky83 12-06-2011 12:43 AM

Originally Posted by Zip (Post 11119170)
On a positive note it should be pretty solid once you are done.

My Bronco is going to need an inspection before I can drive it. It was pulled off the road before it got parked.

yeah but question is WHEN is it going to be done finding things to break on me...

Zip 12-06-2011 12:45 AM

I guess you will find that point or get to the point where it seems to nickel and dime you to death.

Sparky83 12-06-2011 12:49 AM

Originally Posted by Zip (Post 11119177)
I guess you will find that point or get to the point where it seems to nickel and dime you to death.

its already doing that.... i already made up my mind that next time the engine goes im going to gut its electrical system.. rewire it with a painless kit and then drop a 350 in it with a t56 behind it and a 9" rear...

Zip 12-06-2011 12:52 AM

That would probably make things a whole bunch simpler. The fact that that's the plan if it happens means it probably wont happen. That engine will last forever.

Steve GG 12-06-2011 12:54 AM

That sounds like a lot of work. And that won't be thrifty on gas..

Sparky83 12-06-2011 01:01 AM

Originally Posted by Zip (Post 11119184)
That would probably make things a whole bunch simpler. The fact that that's the plan if it happens means it probably wont happen. That engine will last forever.

lol dont know the engine in my truck like i do... before the last complete rebuild it had 3 others... last time it went i had to replace the block... piston #3 had a big hole half way through... never did find the other half of it... and cyls 1 &2 cracked length wise down the cyl wise...

Originally Posted by Steve GG (Post 11119185)
That sounds like a lot of work. And that won't be thrifty on gas..

actually the 350's can be pretty good at sipping with built right... way i plan to gear it the tranys final drive will be a .50 gear and a rear end will be 3.00 or 3.25 gear... which at 65 in final drive thatd put the engine at around 800-900 rpms... which idle can be set between 500-600 rpms.. talk about sipper...

Steve GG 12-06-2011 01:04 AM

Talk about, I don't want to see a hill when I am cruising..

Sparky83 12-06-2011 01:09 AM

Originally Posted by Steve GG (Post 11119192)
Talk about, I don't want to see a hill when I am cruising..

good thing ya live in dixie land then... supposedly pretty flat there...