Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   New Jersey Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum143/)
-   -   The Official September 2011 New Jersey Chat & BS Thread (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1095897-the-official-september-2011-new-jersey-chat-and-bs-thread.html)

67nukeford 09-02-2011 09:29 AM

Yeah, that SHE would drive! Don't you dare fall for that Rob!!!

cowboywanabe 09-02-2011 09:35 AM

I know Pat... she says we need something the whole family can enjoy. Hmmm... in 3 more years, I'll have a teenage girl driver begging me to use the Mustang.

If I had the funds, I would buy the wifey a Mustang, but it would probably be a later model Mustang. She would destroy a classic in about 3 months...

I about had a heart attack one day last month when I got home and my truck was sitting in the driveway. She had backed it out of the garage to get to the lawn mower. This is the same person who took a side mirror off her car backing out. Another time she tried to shut the garage door with the hatch open. The there was the time we had company visiting and she backed the car out without even looking, right into her sister's minivan. :eek:

sddesigns 09-02-2011 10:10 AM

Oh my, that would be a disaster waiting to happen!

67nukeford 09-02-2011 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by cowboywanabe (Post 10766352)
I know Pat... she says we need something the whole family can enjoy. Hmmm... in 3 more years, I'll have a teenage girl driver begging me to use the Mustang.

If I had the funds, I would buy the wifey a Mustang, but it would probably be a later model Mustang. She would destroy a classic in about 3 months...

I about had a heart attack one day last month when I got home and my truck was sitting in the driveway. She had backed it out of the garage to get to the lawn mower. This is the same person who took a side mirror off her car backing out. Another time she tried to shut the garage door with the hatch open. The there was the time we had company visiting and she backed the car out without even looking, right into her sister's minivan. :eek:

You, my friend, need to hide the keys to that truck, NOW!!! Connie said she would like to have a Camaro or Mustang. I said that was fine, but she'd have to wait for Black to be paid off, and she'd have to keep the Expedition, since those cars are USELESS in ice and snow.

tiny1 09-02-2011 10:15 AM

Rob, do not even consider it. I think that you are on the right path with getting her the Mustang. You do have uses now and then for a truck so you should keep it.

tiny1 09-02-2011 10:17 AM

Morning Steve, Rob, Pat and all that visit

67nukeford 09-02-2011 10:18 AM

Morning Neil!

cowboywanabe 09-02-2011 10:25 AM

Howdy Neil!

Originally Posted by tiny1 (Post 10766503)
Rob, do not even consider it. I think that you are on the right path with getting her the Mustang. You do have uses now and then for a truck so you should keep it.

That is the approach I'm taking for now... she said I could get a newer truck as my daily driver, but I'm not really wanting to do that with my 60 mile round trip commute. I like the 32mpg the Milan is getting...

I think she will be feeling better about things if we go back to an SUV of some sort for her primary car. We got her the HHR since it was cheap, functional, and will be paid for quickly, but man, GM quality sucks. I've never had a 2 year old car that rattles and squeaks so much as that pile of #*&%!

67nukeford 09-02-2011 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by cowboywanabe (Post 10766546)
Howdy Neil!

That is the approach I'm taking for now... she said I could get a newer truck as my daily driver, but I'm not really wanting to do that with my 60 mile round trip commute. I like the 32mpg the Milan is getting...

I think she will be feeling better about things if we go back to an SUV of some sort for her primary car. We got her the HHR since it was cheap, functional, and will be paid for quickly, but man, GM quality sucks. I've never had a 2 year old car that rattles and squeaks so much as that pile of #*&%!

Like we couldn't have told you that!!!:D

donjamer 09-02-2011 10:37 AM

Good morning everyone..

Welcome to Friday..

Hope you have a great day..

tiny1 09-02-2011 11:02 AM

You know Rob, that maybe the under lying issue. I agree that you are better off with your car as a DD. I know that if I had more distance to drive, I would really be considering going with a car, but I also need the room that I get with the truck.

liftnw8z 09-02-2011 11:18 AM

Afternoon Jersey and visitors.

Just dropped the truck off for alignment. Sweet silver F150 there too that has my tires on it...lol 33 x 12.5...should have swiped them!

sddesigns 09-02-2011 11:29 AM

Good afternoon Neil, Don, and Bill!

liftnw8z 09-02-2011 11:30 AM

Howdy Steve...what's the good word?

sddesigns 09-02-2011 11:32 AM

Rob, just keep the HHR for the daughter, cause by the time she's ready to drive you won't care about the dents and dings she's going to put in it!