Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Nebraska Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum176/)
-   -   Offical NE December chat thread (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/797883-offical-ne-december-chat-thread.html)

cowboywanabe 12-15-2008 02:44 PM

I can't wait to have a garage once again, I'm sick of scrapping ice already this year! I guess I might need to invest in a snowblower too, since we seem to be in store for a long snowy winter around here.

67nukeford 12-15-2008 02:54 PM

Don't buy a cheap blower Rob. I wish I would have spent a little more, and gotten a little better model.

RedUgly77 12-15-2008 03:01 PM

yeah.. get a nice snowblower. hand the wife a shovel! ;) hahahaha oh.. she would kill me!

i don't have a selfpropelled snow blower, but i also got mine as a gift from the in-laws, so i can't complain.

by the way, did anyone else notice the ads at the top of the page.. "Ads by google" there was a CHEVY ad on there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cowboywanabe 12-15-2008 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by RedUgly77 (Post 6886770)
yeah.. get a nice snowblower. hand the wife a shovel! ;) hahahaha oh.. she would kill me!

I'm gonna telllllll!

Any brands I should avoid? Not even sure what I should look for. I've never owned a snowblower. All the time we lived in Montana, the small development we lived in included driveway plow out with our association/road maintence fee.

cowboywanabe 12-15-2008 03:20 PM

by the way, did anyone else notice the ads at the top of the page.. "Ads by google" there was a CHEVY ad on there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you buy the FTE subscription, you don't see any ads... :)

67nukeford 12-15-2008 03:41 PM

Ads?? What ads?? Oh, I see. Dallas doesn't have the "special' box by his name!! Supporters don't have to look at all that junk!

67nukeford 12-15-2008 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by cowboywanabe (Post 6886810)
I'm gonna telllllll!

Any brands I should avoid? Not even sure what I should look for. I've never owned a snowblower. All the time we lived in Montana, the small development we lived in included driveway plow out with our association/road maintence fee.

Well, I'd stay away from the Lowes/Home depot brands. Most of those are cheaper versions of other models. I'd be ready to spend around 500-ish on a good one. If the wife complains, tell her these things last forever, and your not getting any older! Then walk over to the shovels and start looking at them. When she aske you "why are you looking at these?", you can tell her your trying to decide which one would be best for her, since she'll end up helping you with the snow!!LOL!

Seriously, get a 2 stage, one that you can turn the chute while your moving, and one with decent tires. Too small tires aren't worth a damn!

RedUgly77 12-15-2008 04:25 PM

another thing is just look at the engine. most will have the briggs and stratton or tecumseh motors. then it is just a matter of horsepower and brand/options.

67nukeford 12-15-2008 04:29 PM

I bought mine from Sears. I should have gotten one a little bigger, and one that you can adust the chute from behind the controls. It has the briggs/ stratton, it does run well.

fordnut forever 12-15-2008 04:32 PM

Well, it's official, Bush is no longer the decider in chief, he is now the Mother of all Duckers ;-)

67nukeford 12-15-2008 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by fordnut forever (Post 6887042)
Well, it's official, Bush is no longer the decider in chief, he is now the Mother of all Duckers ;-)

Heehee... Good one Randy!! Man, what a goof ball! Would have been funny if Bush would have caught one, and threw it back and hit that idiot in the head!:-missingt!

fordnut forever 12-15-2008 04:37 PM

lol, ya he stood up fine, he's ok in my books, poor guy gets the blame for what our senators do

67nukeford 12-15-2008 04:48 PM

Well guys, time for me to wander out into the frozen tundra! Have a good evening, I'll catch up with ya' tomorrow!

The_SnowMan710 12-15-2008 04:52 PM

hi Pat, bye Pat...and hello to everyone else! snowblowers eh? i got one that bolts up to the front of my riding lawn mower, that's where it's at right there! trick is when ur doing sidewalks, u gotta go uphill in case u get stuck so u can back out of it. last day of classes were today so i'm gonna pack up my crap and head on home. start gettin things done there for a change...hate this time of year, everything seems to go to hell all at once for some odd reason. sorry to hear about the truck, Jerry...hope u get her figured out.

Bigredfan 12-15-2008 04:55 PM

yea kenny so do i, wont have any money until friday, so ill have to see what i can come up with between now and then. Well im off ill talk to you later