Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum170/)
-   -   the official OBS diesel off topic thread (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1157402-the-official-obs-diesel-off-topic-thread.html)

cowmilker08 02-03-2014 12:46 PM

We have two dogs. I don't see the second one in the pictures. She gets scared very easily so she might be in the next county, LOL.

I need a microwave because we won't have a stove until spring when the ground thaws.

El Camino Man 02-03-2014 04:22 PM

Ick... Forecast is calling for 3-5" of snow + ice...

Get ready Aaron! Looks like its gonna be in your area too!

DarkStarMedia 02-03-2014 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by oldbird1965 (Post 14027307)
Well, the dog is OK, that's number one, LOL

Number two, don't buy another microwave! They alter the molecular structure of food making it bad for you. Don't believe me, research it. Yes, they are very convenient and time saving but not good for you.

I did... they don't... myth

DarkStarMedia 02-03-2014 05:15 PM

Number two, don't buy another microwave! They alter the molecular structure of food making it bad for you. Don't believe me, research it. Yes, they are very convenient and time saving but not good for you.

I did... they don't... its a myth.

Richard

fordman67 02-03-2014 05:29 PM

I just hope the roads are terrible.then i cant work.darn lol. the service van is pathetic in anything!

Awitte58 02-03-2014 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by cowmilker08 (Post 14027173)
That was the worst super bowl I've ever seen. The commercials were crappy too. The doritos time machine and the dale call ones were the best. But they played the dale call commercial durig the pre-game show so really ther was only one good commercial during the game. Now for something a little more exciting...

I get a text from my wife about 30 minutes ago with these two pictures attached:
https://www.ford-trucks.com/user_gal...id=257219&.jpg
https://www.ford-trucks.com/user_gal...id=257220&.jpg
The txt with the pictures read: "Dont hardboil eggs in the microwave thy explode. We need a new microwave love u so much :-)"

So I called her up ad was like, "WTF?" Long story short she tried to follow these instructions: How to Hard-Boil Eggs in a Microwave | eHow

The problem was with step 5. She didn't know how to turn down the power level so she left it on high.

When it grenaded it shattered the plate that was on top of the bowl and blew the door apart and open. She said the two little hooks that hold the door closed are snapped off, the hinges are bent so that the door won't close anymore, and the plastic door frame is cracked. She also said that blast must have killed the electronics because the screen won't even come back on.

The white pieces on the floor are the eggs shell and shattered plate. She normally isn't this dumb, but she really wasn't thinking on this one.

:-missingt:-missingt:-missingt:-X24:-X24:-X04

I laugh because my grandma did a similar thing when I was young. Except it was aluminum foil or something and caught it on fire! Theres a picture in some scrap book of the aftermath. Grandpa's face was priceless! Grandmas face was buried in her hands.

tshrager 02-03-2014 08:02 PM

That sucks Phil! My wife always wants to know why we don't do "projects" around the house together. Well I finally broke down and bought some of that window film as I've got a huge bay window that's real drafty. Needless to say her help lasted about 2 min. Keep it square woman! Lol

Big storm coming tomorrow! 6-10 is what they're calling for.

DIYMechanic 02-03-2014 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by cowmilker08 (Post 14027173)
That was the worst super bowl I've ever seen. The commercials were crappy too. The doritos time machine and the dale call ones were the best. But they played the dale call commercial durig the pre-game show so really ther was only one good commercial during the game. Now for something a little more exciting...

I get a text from my wife about 30 minutes ago with these two pictures attached:
https://www.ford-trucks.com/user_gal...id=257219&.jpg
https://www.ford-trucks.com/user_gal...id=257220&.jpg
The txt with the pictures read: "Dont hardboil eggs in the microwave thy explode. We need a new microwave love u so much :-)"

So I called her up ad was like, "WTF?" Long story short she tried to follow these instructions: How to Hard-Boil Eggs in a Microwave | eHow

The problem was with step 5. She didn't know how to turn down the power level so she left it on high.

When it grenaded it shattered the plate that was on top of the bowl and blew the door apart and open. She said the two little hooks that hold the door closed are snapped off, the hinges are bent so that the door won't close anymore, and the plastic door frame is cracked. She also said that blast must have killed the electronics because the screen won't even come back on.

The white pieces on the floor are the eggs shell and shattered plate. She normally isn't this dumb, but she really wasn't thinking on this one.

That's really funny! Hopefully she wasn't standing in front of the microwave watching when it "went off"! :-X04 We've all been there a time or two Phil. Maybe not literally, but we've all done something like that and then though, "Well, that wasn't too smart!".

Glad she wasn't hurt. :-hair The microwave can be replaced easily enough.

oldbird1965 02-03-2014 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by DarkStarMedia (Post 14028180)
I did... they don't... its a myth.

Richard

Tell me about it on the 19th.

cowmilker08 02-03-2014 09:26 PM

Yeah I'm happy she is ok. She said she was watching it, but the dogs distracted her and she walked away about 30 seconds before it blew. I've heard of eggs exploding before but had no idea it was to this level. I just assumed people made a big deal out of a small pop. But it is literally an explosion. Apparently she had two eggs that she was trying to hard boil. She said she only heard one explosion. The plate was destroyed to the extent that you can't tell that it was plate. The biggest piece is the size of my pinky nail.

I had a good time telling everyone at home depot all about it. But now I have another project. We bought an "Over-the-range" microwave to replace it.

We are supposed to get 6-10" Tuesday evening and Wednesday also. Then sub zero temps again for a few days. Honestly at this point I'm getting used to sub zero temperatures, but it still sucks.

mjunk1 02-03-2014 10:22 PM

On this issue, I don't really care about research. It just doesn't seem natural to microwave things. I mean, just common sense suggests that cooking something like that is not a good idea. I admit I use it occasionally, but it always makes me wonder. I would be fine doing away with it and I think - long term - I would be healthier. Some things you have to leave science behind and trust your gut, and in my view, this is one of them. Just think of how much better a hot dog tastes over a camp fire than in a microwave... course, I probably shouldn't be eating hot dogs, but that is a whole other rant.

Tedster9 02-03-2014 10:55 PM

Microwave ovens? Just a tongue burning rubber food generator!

Awitte58 02-04-2014 07:41 AM

If microwaves worry ya, dont think about all the wifi, 4g, 3g, radio and other waves that are passing through your body all day everyday.
For all you know when you go through airport security you could be getting cancer! lol

Im just joking. Over the years I've read numerous things that may be linked to this n that. I only believe a few of them. Besides if all of the stuff out there that is 'linked to xxxx cancer' is true then we are all screwed anyway.

coreyallan01 02-04-2014 08:14 AM

1 Attachment(s)
WOW... Look at the milage...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/111272066599?redirect=mobile

El Camino Man 02-04-2014 09:28 AM

A microwave cooks food with sound waves. So carrying on a conversation/using a cell phone/listening to the radio and using the microwave are all similar.

And that truck is awesome! If itd sell for 10K itd be a hell of a deal! Lol