Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum170/)
-   -   the official OBS diesel off topic thread (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1157402-the-official-obs-diesel-off-topic-thread.html)

fordpride 12-12-2013 12:28 PM

It's a perfect 41* here

tjc transport 12-12-2013 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by DIYMechanic (Post 13835641)
Now that's what I'm talking about!

See Tom, this is a great example of why you're our favorite moderator. :-X22

great. just freakin great.

now you are going have Scott mad at me!:D

RÖENTGEEP 12-12-2013 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by fordpride (Post 13836029)
It's a perfect 41* here

Here in my town: 86* :-X04

:-drink

strokin'_tatsch 12-12-2013 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by madMatador78 (Post 13835952)
Yeah this cold has found all the weaknesses in the cooling system in my Ranger. The Tee in the heater hose broke right in half, 2 gallons of coolant on the ground and a steam bath on that. Thankful I didn't cook the motor, but still not exactly optimal conditions to be running a motor out of coolant. Got it all fixed with a brass hose barb.

I like the new thread name, Tom. Sounds more like it. Hope you are all staying warm.

I know the feeling. I've been fighting fuel leaks on the Super Duty every day this week. It looks like I finally got the valley to stay dry for one day though. LOL

It all started with the fuel bowl drain o-rings failing last week. Quick and easy fix. Got that done Sunday and the fuel bowl lid didn't want to seal back up. Got that fixed Monday night and one of the sleeves on the fuel lines coming to the fuel bowl started dripping. Fixed that one Tuesday night and then last night the fuel bowl lid started seeping fuel again!!!! I got it sealed up last night and ran it about 75 miles so far today with a dry valley and no wet spots on the fuel bowl yet. If this thing starts puddling up diesel in the valley again today, I might consider tossing a match right in the middle of it. :-drink

ReBilld 12-12-2013 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by tshrager (Post 13833570)
Well you are pretty good at breaking things in my house! Lol

Originally Posted by fordman67 (Post 13834138)
And garage!

I didn't break anything in the garage.....except my finger! LOL! I think what I fixed in the garage made up for what I broke in the house........I hope! LOL!!!

DarkStarMedia 12-12-2013 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by DIYMechanic (Post 13835641)
Now that's what I'm talking about!

See Tom, this is a great example of why you're our favorite moderator. :-X22

you got a little brown on more than your nose there....:-wink:-X04

427 fordman 12-12-2013 04:11 PM

It was -18 here yesterday morning again. Today was great, above 0 this morning, and 35 for a high. Back in the teens for highs this weekend, then its supposed to finally warm up a little more, back in the 30's or so anyway. It's been a cold december for sure.

tshrager 12-12-2013 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by ReBilld (Post 13836618)
I didn't break anything in the garage.....except my finger! LOL! I think what I fixed in the garage made up for what I broke in the house........I hope! LOL!!!

You know you're not right often, but you're spot on here! Lol

High of 20 today. Had to hang a makeshift tent for the masons today. 45' in the air with the wind blowing a 70' tarp was no fun, but hey I'm working so I can't complain!

I've been insoing like a mad man around my house with this weather. Id like to kick myself in the butt for not dealing with this earlier, but then again, who wants to be crawling around in the attic on roof trusses when it's 90 and inso is sticking to you!!??

tshrager 12-12-2013 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by BBslider001 (Post 13834482)
I'd be there with a few Fastenal demolition tools but I am faaaaaaar away! I'll send some goos vibes from the West Coast!

Road trip!!! Lol

madMatador78 12-12-2013 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by strokin'_tatsch (Post 13836554)
I know the feeling. I've been fighting fuel leaks on the Super Duty every day this week. It looks like I finally got the valley to stay dry for one day though. LOL

It all started with the fuel bowl drain o-rings failing last week. Quick and easy fix. Got that done Sunday and the fuel bowl lid didn't want to seal back up. Got that fixed Monday night and one of the sleeves on the fuel lines coming to the fuel bowl started dripping. Fixed that one Tuesday night and then last night the fuel bowl lid started seeping fuel again!!!! I got it sealed up last night and ran it about 75 miles so far today with a dry valley and no wet spots on the fuel bowl yet. If this thing starts puddling up diesel in the valley again today, I might consider tossing a match right in the middle of it. :-drink

Yeah when I had my fuel regulator trouble in September, there was more than one occasion that I wanted to throw a match in it. But after getting a regulator from Aaron, and 2 sets of o rings (ruined the first set cause I didn't know where one of the orings went until afterward and I ruined it) I was back on the road.

We have had a slew of batteries and alternators coming in the shop, give the salt a while and we will be doing brake lines before you know it.

Hopefuly everything stays tight for you Travis! Fuel leaks (especially diesel, come to think any leak at all) are no fun!

DIYMechanic 12-12-2013 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by DarkStarMedia (Post 13836634)
you got a little brown on more than your nose there....:-wink:-X04

Yeah, maybe. But you gotta admit Tom is a way, WAY better mod than some of those Nazis on some of the boards. Some of those guys wake up with a chip on their shoulder and are just out to wield their little bit of authority. Tom actually contributes to the forum and isn't just here looking for somebody to hit with his ban-hammer.

strokin'_tatsch 12-12-2013 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by madMatador78 (Post 13837098)
Yeah when I had my fuel regulator trouble in September, there was more than one occasion that I wanted to throw a match in it. But after getting a regulator from Aaron, and 2 sets of o rings (ruined the first set cause I didn't know where one of the orings went until afterward and I ruined it) I was back on the road.

We have had a slew of batteries and alternators coming in the shop, give the salt a while and we will be doing brake lines before you know it.

Hopefuly everything stays tight for you Travis! Fuel leaks (especially diesel, come to think any leak at all) are no fun!

Mine better stay leak free for awhile or I'll go back to driving the OBS. lol I now have 3 guys trucks needing oil cooler o-rings and gaskets after this little cold spell we had. They are just waiting on me to do them and I'm just waiting for it to warm up a little bit. So yeah, I don't need to be spending my time fixing stupid leaks on my own junk.

fordman67 12-12-2013 09:31 PM

Mine doesnt leak any fluids. The reason is,its all drained and apart lol

Travis...what is the big difference in a s366 vs a 66mm sd turbo.what is the big advantage one over the other for like stage 2 injectors mild say 375-400hp build?

tjc transport 12-13-2013 06:25 AM

Originally Posted by DIYMechanic (Post 13837228)
Yeah, maybe. But you gotta admit Tom is a Nazis just waiting for somebody to hit with his ban-hammer.

so that is how you feel about me???

i got my eye on you now!!! http://www.websmileys.com/sm/violent/sterb117.gif

DIYMechanic 12-13-2013 06:29 AM

^^ Nice use of selective editing there, Tom. I feel like a conservative being interviewed by MSNBC. }>

Do what you gotta do buddy! :-X22